Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think the guy on the right should remove his mask.
    But, I will note, I don't know his situation.
    But the mask leads to the perception that he is up to "no good".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

And the guy on the right should remove his armband. I can't think of any good guy wearing a black shirt and armband.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Given the current state of our media, I would question if that photograph is really the protesters, or is a "stock" photo selected to be "representative" of what these radicals look like.

But, if it is accurate, I agree; no armbands, no masks.

On the other hand, I don't care enough to actually find the article, as I'm sure it is a)wrong, and b) inflammatory.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also belongs in the "Literally Fake News" thread, because this isn't a story.

The article features 3 tweets from "critics". One being labeled as suspicious spam account. One with 20 followers. The 3rd account has 1,009 followers but tweet featured has only 17 retweets.

This is how fake outrage is created. No one gives half a **** about Kevin Hart's kid's birthday... but an outlet as big as Mediaite found (maybe even created) three tweets to frame it as though there's actual outrage.

Kevin Hart and Wife Eniko Parrish Criticized For Son’s ‘Offensive’ Cowboys and Indians Themed Birthday

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mom Dresses 6-Year-Old Son As Girl, Threatens Dad For Disagreeing

This 6-yr-old boy is a biological boy and identifies as such—when he's not with his mother, who forces him to dress as a girl. His father is now being charged with child abuse for not "affirming his transgender identity."

If he identifies as a boy, then why isn't the mother the one being charged? Rhetorical question of course, because that would make sense. Nothing about progressivism makes sense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

The article features 3 tweets from "critics". One being labeled as suspicious spam account. One with 20 followers. The 3rd account has 1,009 followers but tweet featured has only 17 retweets.

This is how fake outrage is created. No one gives half a **** about Kevin Hart's kid's birthday... but an outlet as big as Mediaite found (maybe even created) three tweets to frame it as though there's actual outrage.

Kevin Hart and Wife Eniko Parrish Criticized For Son’s ‘Offensive’ Cowboys and Indians Themed Birthday

Those critics are heightists and probably anti-little people.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

When I read that, and saw the photo, "Holy **** - they're all in blackface!"

Nope. They are black - I was confusing Kevin Hart with Kevin James. :n00b:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If he identifies as a boy, then why isn't the mother the one being charged? Rhetorical question of course, because that would make sense. Nothing about progressivism makes sense.

Maybe the story is wrong.

I don't know.

But I do know the kid's going to be a cash cow for some head shrink.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Maybe the story is wrong.

I don't know.

But I do know the kid's going to be a cash cow for some head shrink.

Assuming he has insurance that covers mental health when he finally escapes his mother's influence and control. I suspect mom uses her son and the courts to attempt to get back at and control her ex-husband. I hope that is not the case, but we see it too many times. If she was the first to get to the court, or has the better or more aggressive lawyer, dad might be on the defensive from the outset.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Assuming he has insurance that covers mental health when he finally escapes his mother's influence and control. I suspect mom uses her son and the courts to attempt to get back at and control her ex-husband. I hope that is not the case, but we see it too many times. If she was the first to get to the court, or has the better or more aggressive lawyer, dad might be on the defensive from the outset.

I'm sure she is. I'm also reasonable sure she's bat-**** crazy and that why they were divorced in the first place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ****in' nice.

VICE requested a comment from Richard Lewis. Richard responded with aplomb.

Lewis is an icon in the eSports community. VICE is a piece of trash news outlet. Lewis points out why.

9vJbLqG.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Probably only relevant to me, but interesting...

Netflix picked up Neon Genesis Evangeleon. NGE is an older anime, very eclectic... some really odd story... and it's prime bait for the fake outrage machine to whip out an article about how "harmful" it is.

Strong religious tones, women getting wrecked, a "gay" character that essentially ends up being a ticking time bomb, and a kid whacking it onto an unconscious girl.

Good for Netflix for picking it up... hope it was worth the investment!

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Probably only relevant to me, but interesting...

Netflix picked up Neon Genesis Evangeleon. NGE is an older anime, very eclectic... some really odd story... and it's prime bait for the fake outrage machine to whip out an article about how "harmful" it is.

Strong religious tones, women getting wrecked, a "gay" character that essentially ends up being a ticking time bomb, and a kid whacking it onto an unconscious girl.

Good for Netflix for picking it up... hope it was worth the investment!

It's a great show, even if ****ed up. Also, it's ending basically is that the protagonists rejects the collective consciousness and chooses individuality as he realizes that without sadness and suffering, joy and happiness cannot occur. Then he strangles the girl he jerked it to on a beach.

Oh, and the kids are 14 years old, just to make things worse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's a great show, even if ****ed up. Also, it's ending basically is that the protagonists rejects the collective consciousness and chooses individuality as he realizes that without sadness and suffering, joy and happiness cannot occur. Then he strangles the girl he jerked it to on a beach.

Oh, and the kids are 14 years old, just to make things worse.

Oh, it sounds like a great show. Can't believe it was overlooked by the Academy. :nuts:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, it sounds like a great show. Can't believe it was overlooked by the Academy. :nuts:

Neon Genesis Evangelion has scored highly in numerous popularity polls. In 1996, the series won first place in the "Best Loved Series" category of the Anime Grand Prix, a reader-polled award series published in Animage magazine.[151] The show was again awarded this prize in 1997 by a large margin.[152] The End of Evangelion won first place in 1998,[153] making Neon Genesis Evangelion the first anime franchise to win three consecutive first place awards.[154] The website IGN ranked Evangelion as the 10th best animated series in its "Top 100 Animated TV Series" list.[155] The series placed third in Animage's "anime that should be remembered in the 21st Century".[156] In 1998, EX.org's readers voted Neon Genesis Evangelion the #1 US anime release[154] and in 1999, the #2 show of all time.[157] In 2007, a large-scale poll by TV Asahi found Evangelion was the second most appreciated anime in Japan.[158] The series was ranked as the most popular of all time in a 2006 survey of 80,000 attendees at the Japan Media Arts Festival.[159]

Evangelion won the Animation Kobe award in 1996,[160] and 1997.[161] The series was awarded the Nihon SF Taisho Award and the Excellence Award Japan Media Arts Festival in 1997.[162][163] The film ranked #6 on Wizard's Anime Magazine on their "Top 50 Anime released in North America".[164] In the August 1996 issue of Animage, Evangelion characters placed high in the rankings of best characters with Rei ranked first, Asuka third, Kaworu fourth and Shinji sixth. Rei Ayanami won in the Female Character category in 1995 and 1996 and Shinji Ikari won the Male Character category in 1996 and 1997.[165] In 2010, Newtype magazine recognized Rei Ayanami as the most popular character of the 1990s in the female category, and Shinji Ikari in the male category.[166] TV Asahi recognized the "suicide of Ayanami Rei" as the ninth most touching anime scene ever.[167] "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" won the Animage award in the Best Song category in 1996,[151] and TV Asahi recognized it as the 18th best anime song since 1990.

So, maybe not the academy... but it's highly acclaimed in its medium.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom