Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Seeing well known and respected public figures succumb to ideological possession is a little like losing them to dementia.

I think it was Joe Rogan that was talking about why folks get stupid when they spend too much time in Hollywood. He said that you don't get work there by going against the grain. If you want a job, you find out which way the wind is blowing and drift with the breeze.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is now racist

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/charlie-brown-thanksgiving-criticized-as-racist[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

120tgs.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A notable feminist got banned on Twitter for "misgendering" a transgender. (i.e., properly labeling a man as a man.)

Now Christina Hoff Sommers and her friends are raising hell, and intentionally misnaming/gendering others, like Bruce Jenner.

Should be fun.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Man, people are so effed up in the twittersphere. I can't relate to any of that bull****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had to look that up. I know what that makes me. :(

Yeah. It's a binary. You're either woke...or a Nazi. Those are the only choices in the land of bat****opia. But calling it 'woke' has gone out of style. The crazy left has been pummeled with "woke" memes mercilessly. Now, 'woke' is so 2017.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah. It's a binary. You're either woke...or a Nazi. Those are the only choices in the land of bat****opia. But calling it 'woke' has gone out of style. The crazy left has been pummeled with "woke" memes mercilessly. Now, 'woke' is so 2017.

I can't keep up.

I no longer know what I don't know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've heard it said that the speed of change is beyond what evolution can adapt to. And whether you're religious and don't believe in evolution or not, I do think that the rate of change is beyond what we can cope with effectively. Signs of entropy.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife will be getting a new office-mate. Her coworkers are hoping it's a hot guy. And even better if he's "woke". Now I know if I were to talk like that with my co-workers I'd be some man-pig or something.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife will be getting a new office-mate. Her coworkers are hoping it's a hot guy. And even better if he's "woke". Now I know if I were to talk like that with my co-workers I'd be some man-pig or something.

They might call you something, but I'm not sure they'd call you a man-pig if you hoped your new office mate was a hot guy. (And yes, I did just assume your gender. :):)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom