Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just wanted to inform you that my tweet yesterday that sounded exactly like a weird joke about prison rape, was not actually about prison rape, and I dunno why you people are interpreting the prison-rapey joke as being about prison rape just to find any reason to attack me

Dr4yGEbVYAAP7sx.jpg:small

Dr4yGEgVsAAymeg.jpg:small

If you make a joke and have to explain it... it probably wasn't funny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you make a joke and have to explain it... it probably wasn't funny.

It was also classic backpedaling of the kind that happens when your antics aren't appreciated as you expected and have to fall back on "it was just a joke" or "that's not what I meant," when in reality it's exactly what they meant, but they expected everyone to agree and like it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    This is an email from Ohio State regarding Ben Shapiro speaking

Dr6suF7WkAEWwdw.jpg:large

I have never been more proud to be a Michigan fan!!!!!! :p:p:p

(Yeah, I know they did the coloring books at UM after Trump won....a "cry in" as well I think.
    Anyway good luck to Brutus THIS weekend.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Y'all have fun with your safe rooms, cry rooms, etc... ROLL TIDE. (Crimson Tide)

Well, let's check back in after Nov. 24th. IF.....IF things go Michigan's way, and you never know in that game, I'd love to see a matchup with that ex-Spartan coach.....

This of course assumes the Iron Bowl goes your way! (My 2nd favorite rivalry game. I always watch that after THE GAME. Some classic matchups in that series too)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Someone discovered a website/tool being used to pro-actively ban users from hugbox subreddits. It's called masstagger, and it's essentially a blacklist.

From the creator:

At some point, I found myself baited into an argument only to find out that my opponent was an active member of several (literal) Nazi subs.

My primary goal with this tagger is to tag users of hate subreddits. I.e. the kind of users that cannot be reasoned or compromised with. These users are known to intentionally troll other subreddits, posing as innocuous members who agree, but just have some concerns about the way you're presenting yourself. This is known as concern trolling. Ultimately, the goal of these concern trolls is to water down the message of the community into a less effective message, in order to weaken their position. By identifying those who are engaging in bad faith, we save time for those who may otherwise engage the bad actors in their concern trolling.

So you can put in a Reddit username and see if a user has participated in wrongthink subs... allow that to decide for you that they're literal nazis or something... and ban them from wherever.

They've got me flagged on quite a few. Oh well.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Those damn white people and their...

*rolls the bones*

... bicycle lanes.

DsF4iwXXcAAZ4MH.jpg:small

DsF4jMBWwAUB29h.jpg:small

DsF4jj3XcAA_dap.jpg:small

That M'effer has problems. I wonder if he knows most of what he infers from the stats is opinion. He wants to bean count types of people? Strikes me as odd. I have always thought equality meant treating folks the same and judging them by there personal actions and not their subcategories.....when he got to ageism, I thought it was a parody, looked up for The Onion or something, but no, seems true. You think he'd be happy that it had no carbon footprint and call it a day!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those damn white people and their...

*rolls the bones*

... bicycle lanes.

DsF4iwXXcAAZ4MH.jpg:small

DsF4jMBWwAUB29h.jpg:small

DsF4jj3XcAA_dap.jpg:small

I don’t like bike lanes because they’re an incredible waste of taxpayer money. Everywhere I see roads, I often see cars driving on them. Okay. For the money we spend in roads, at least a lot of people find them useful. I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually seen someone on a bike using a bike lane. Apparently the idea from a movie, if you build it they will come, is bull****. Kentuckiana (not to be confused with Indiucky) has spent a crapton of money on putting in bike lanes, even at the expense of car lanes, so that just a few people on rare occasions, can use them. What a ****ing waste of money.

THAT’s what’s wrong with bike lanes. Has nothing to do with the!whiteness/maleness group intersectional identity bull****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That M'effer has problems. I wonder if he knows most of what he infers from the stats is opinion. He wants to bean count types of people? Strikes me as odd. I have always thought equality meant treating folks the same and judging them by there personal actions and not their subcategories.....when he got to ageism, I thought it was a parody, looked up for The Onion or something, but no, seems true. You think he'd be happy that it had no carbon footprint and call it a day!
    Once you learn to problematize anything it’s easy to problematize everything you don’t like. Like I said, there are legitimate reasons to **** on bike lanes. This isn’t one of them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don’t like bike lanes because they’re an incredible waste of taxpayer money. Everywhere I see roads, I often see cars driving on them. Okay. For the money we spend in roads, at least a lot of people find them useful. I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually seen someone on a bike using a bike lane. Apparently the idea from a movie, if you build it they will come, is bull****. Kentuckiana (not to be confused with Indiucky) has spent a crapton of money on putting in bike lanes, even at the expense of car lanes, so that just a few people on rare occasions, can use them. What a ****ing waste of money.

THAT’s what’s wrong with bike lanes. Has nothing to do with the!whiteness/maleness group intersectional identity bull****.
    I cannot disagree. Chicago has marked off bike lanes on a number of roads. One of them is the one that runs next to our building and right by Union Station. They took out a bunch of parking by the station, which I am sure cost the city a lot of money. They leased management of their street parking, so I doubt the leasing company said, sure remove a nice piece of revenue.

The lane is seldom used. In fact, there were far more cars parked there in a day than I have seen bikes on most days.

There are some places in Chicago where bikes are apparently pretty common on the streets, and it can be very dangerous for them. I have no idea if they put lanes in for them in those areas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom