Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wish this was the biggest thing I had to worry about in my life.
    See. There’s your problem. You don’t find life as problematic as you should. You should learn to problematize everything. Then, maybe you could use a safe space too.

In case anyone is wondering, “problematize” is my favorite SJW academic made up term of the month.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    U.N. General Assembly publishes "Elimination of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance" draft proposal; targets video games and justifies hate speech laws.

https://documents-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N18/372/10/PDF/N1837210.pdf?OpenElement

On top of the national delegates that pushed said draft proposal (including Russia, China and South Africa), of particular emphasis are these passages:

Noting with concern that, even where neo-Nazis do not formally participate in government, the presence therein of extreme right-wing ideologues can have the effect of injecting into governance and political discourse the same ideologies that make neo-Nazism so dangerous,

Alarmed at music lyrics and video games that advocate racial hatred and incite discrimination, hostility or violence,

Concerned by the use of Internet platforms by groups that propagate hate to plan, fundraise and circulate information about public events aimed at promoting racism, xenophobia and related intolerance, such as rallies, demonstrations and acts of violence,

Seriously concerned that neo-Nazi groups have increasingly targeted susceptible individuals, mainly children and youth, by means of specifically tailored websites with the aim of their indoctrination,

Deeply concerned by all recent manifestations of violence and terrorism incited by violent nationalism, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, Afrophobia, xenophobia and related intolerance, including during sports events...

And one reccomendation:

Takes note of the recommendation of the Special Rapporteur to continue to take steps through national legislation, in accordance with international human rights law, aimed at preventing hate speech and incitement to violence and to withdraw support — financial and otherwise — from political parties and other organizations that engage in neo-Nazi or other hate speech;

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Problematize?
    It’s part of critical theory and one type of deconstruction. Yes. You can problematize anything. You pick something that is a cultural norm of the “oppressive” group identity and figure out a way to say how that oppresses people.

Probably the best defense against that is to problematize their stuff in a way they have to agree with you. Example: Safe spaces with stuffed animals oppress animals because it appropriates their appearance. Sorry. Gotta get rid of the stuffed pandas in the safe spaces.

Start forcing them to live by the same rules they try to force on society until they’re just as fed up as we are.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It’s part of critical theory and one type of deconstruction. Yes. You can problematize anything. You pick something that is a cultural norm of the “oppressive” group identity and figure out a way to say how that oppresses people.

Probably the best defense against that is to problematize their stuff in a way they have to agree with you. Example: Safe spaces with stuffed animals oppress animals because it appropriates their appearance. Sorry. Gotta get rid of the stuffed pandas in the safe spaces.

Start forcing them to live by the same rules they try to force on society until they’re just as fed up as we are.

I miss the old days, and when I say old days, I mean 2013. Back then, folks weren't afraid to be different, but they didn't want to force me down their sick ass road with them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    See. There’s your problem. You don’t find life as problematic as you should. You should learn to problematize everything. Then, maybe you could use a safe space too.

In case anyone is wondering, “problematize” is my favorite SJW academic made up term of the month.

His main problem with lacking sufficient problems is that he has not yet decided that he is oppressed and a victim. Once he clears that hurdle, everything else will fall into place!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Eric Weinstein on Joe Rogan yesterday.

Very SJ-oriented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9JLij1obHY

Give the first 20 minutes a try. Interesting points about re-orienting society to accommodate the most fragile, changing everyone in the process
    This is an area where I really start disagreeing with EW. He has this progressive streak that he just can’t help. Stop trying to change the world. Be the change you want, and maybe try to convince others why your way is better. But vying for the big stick of government, to force your change, is still oppression.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rhino, are you saying that there are no misogynists or racists? Communists existed, but in far fewer numbers than McCarthy alleged. He became drunk with power and used his committee as a bludgeon to acheive his desires by exaggerating a very real problem, exactly like what's going on with feminism, racism, intersectionalism yada yada yada

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, are you saying that there are no misogynists or racists? Communists existed, but in far fewer numbers than McCarthy alleged. He became drunk with power and used his committee as a bludgeon to acheive his desires by exaggerating a very real problem, exactly like what's going on with feminism, racism, intersectionalism yada yada yada

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm reiterating is that decades, McCarthy was ridiculed for being "wrong." I'm not addressing his methods or extent, but the popular opinion until we had documentation of specific Soviet agents was that there were none or so few that they weren't of any concern. Both are false.

In addition, obviously there are misogynists and racists and every other -ist known. However, those individuals are not the target of the inquisition. The SJW inquisition is all about marginalizing all who fail to bend their knee to the orthodoxy of the moment by accusing and labeling them falsely. They are not seeking enemies, but rather creating them.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom