• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I look at it this way; no amount of debate, conversation, or threats will convince the rain not to fall on my roof.

The best I can do is maintain my roof accordingly.

I look at the world like it's a water buffalo, and I'm that little white bird who rides around on the water buffalo. I can't control where the water buffalo goes, or what it does, I'm just along for the ride, and I live off of whatever bugs the water buffalo stirs up in the grass. If the water buffalo decides to wallow in a mud hole, all I can do is sit nearby, watch, and be ready for muddy feet when it's finished and I hop back on. I've always had the feeling that much of what we think we can control, however incrementally, we really can't really control at all.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just a quick morning teaser for you

DrPQghoWwAE5p84.jpg:small

I doubt those same people would be ok if snowmen were anatomically correct. And to be fair, I have made a snow-woman in the past... well, I guess it could've been a really fat guy too.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This lady needs to do some research about the perils of a strike...you know, like the risk of being permanently replaced.

Then again, it could give new meaning to the term "strike-breaker".

[video=youtube_share;W8a2e1IqDrA]https://youtu.be/W8a2e1IqDrA[/video]

I have a couple of EX-wives who tried that:nuts::nuts:

Bob

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was thinking last night about what the best method of squashing this SJW mindset would be. I've said this before: They are very good, and very fast, to shut down effective arguments.

The "NPC" situation, for example. Try saying that somewhere like Reddit or Twitter and see how fast you get removed/banned or more importantly, shamed. That's the real power, right there. Shame.

They create an environment where saying certain things or sharing some ideas brings shaming and belittling... and it really is effective. Even I hesitate to use "SJW" outside of familiar places because I've seen responses that lay on heavy attempts to embarrass you for using it... as though it's "such a dumb thing to say", "I can't believe there are still people that say that", etc.

It works. But I think it can also work the other way around...

When you see someone say in a seemingly serious way that there should be pansexual african american trans representation in Overwatch... you should ask them... "What made you this way?" Or "Where did you learn to think like this?" Things that show heavy disbelief that the things they are saying are actually being said by a real person. I think, to some people, that might force them to step back and realize how outrageous they are.

... Then again, some may truly believe the stupid things they say, and those will just double-down and seek refuge in their echo chambers.

I dunno. Just something to think about. I know the "right" and "anti-SJW" groups come up with some good methods every now and then. And the second they do... the media turns it into a "racist, alt-right, bigot" tactic... and effectively puts a stop to it.

It's a really bad problem. I listened to Peter Boghossian and James Lindsey on JRE the other day, and they seemed fairly optimistic that we're turning a corner. I'm not as optimistic that we're there yet. I think it's coming. But I think it's not all that near, because of how much SJW's have penetrated influential positions in society.

James Lindsey said he thought we were just one major event from what I'd say looks like the dominoes falling. But I think he was more focused on academia. They both said that the vast majority of academia, though left (THEY are left after all), are not down with all the crazy postmodernism, but most are too afraid of losing their tenure to speak out. So they just go along with it. And they'll continue to go along with it as long as they feel like their careers are at stake. They believe a last straw kind of event is coming where enough people will stand up that they can't fire them all.

This whole situation is very similar to the Soviet Union and it's fall. Everyone hates the system but they're too afraid to stand up against it, so they all pretend to go along with it. But they're such a majority that if they all stood up to it, the system would collapse, like dominoes lined up.

I remember the time around the fall of communism in Eastern Europe and Russia. From my vantage point, I'm not sure about all the details that led up to it, but it seemed the catalyst was Lech Wałęsa in Poland and his labor movement. They stood up, then others stood up, and it just seemed to facilitate a cascade of collapses until it was wiped out. At least that was my perception of it at the time. I've never studied what historians have wrote about it. But the fall of the USSR started with Poland in my recollection, and was helped by the West, Reagan and Thatcher.

We need a Lech Wałęsa, or at least what my perception is of what he meant to the fall of communism. We need a Poland. We need the sane majority from the left and the right, to feel like there's too many fellow sane people in solidarity for us all to get taken down by insane SJWs. We need to declare that we're not going to cave to their bullying. We're not going to accept their labels. We need to tell them they're crazy and out of touch. And that everyone but them knows they're crazy.

But. It may not work altogether like toppling of the USSR. I think maybe academia may be "Poland". People like Jordan Peterson and the poorly, absurdly, stupidly, named "intellectual dark web" may be Lech Wałęsa. And if the dominoes start to fall, it may start with the universities. But the analogy breaks down because it takes more than a geographically led uprising. SJWs are in the courts, they're in media, they're teachers, they're law makers, they're on corporate boards--Papa John's got SJW-****ed, for crying out loud. The produce of universities over the past couple of decade or so are now in ever growing positions of influence. If academia topples, I don't really see that causing the rest to topple like it happened with the USSR.

I think it's going to be a slower process. I do think sanity will win out eventually because everyone but a small fringe of very loud, very influential, bat **** crazy SJWs are mostly sane and think these people have gone way too far. I do agree with GFGT that laughing at them is probably more useful than trying to debate them. You can't rationally debate irrational nonsense. But there is a cost to that, because of the influential positions these people have taken up. And that's why GFGT's suggestion is probably a good one.

SJWs are like al-qaeda in that it's a unified hive mind of ideologically possessed individuals. They think with one ideological mind, but they're individuals scattered among society. You have to attack all the nodes to defeat them. Individually that's nearly impossible. But destroy the thing that unites them, the ideology, and the rest will collapse. Expose their ideological poison. It's something individuals can do. You encounter it, laugh at it. Strategically though. There may be an individual cost to it.

Sorry for the long winded stream of thought.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    They always mention the "intellectual dark web".

Do I need a special modem to get there? Maybe a secret browser or something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom