• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Most likely crony capitalism between the box makers and the givernment. Someone built them on a government contract, and then the givernment handed them out to equalize the outcome so that everyone could bypass having to pay to watch the game.

tumblr_m5zng9YKCX1qz5wa0o4_500.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One of those that you're not 100% positive if it's satire or not

This is what happens when people develop in a petri dish away from any kind of harsh conditions.

All the weirdest animals and plants grow in the damp and dark, where there's nothing to do but differentiate in a thousand meaningless ways.

axebmtuk5uv11.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NYPD arrests James Polite — the man they say is in this surveillance picture - in connection with anti Semitic graffiti found inside Union Temple in Prospect Heights. He’s believed to have also set fires outside schuls and yeshivas in Williamsburg

The same James Polite that the NYT once profiled as — I **** you not— worked for Christine Quinn on “on initiatives to combat hate crime”

Much like male feminists... just playing the part, they all have deep issues that will emerge eventually.

DrC2__ZXQAE2_bP.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Damn straight.

Not only damn straight, but if you don't know what your rights are, you also don't know what your rights aren't. Then you start to believe nonsense they try to fill you with, like you have a right to free healthcare, college, condoms, abortions, whatever.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    This lady needs to do some research about the perils of a strike...you know, like the risk of being permanently replaced.

Then again, it could give new meaning to the term "strike-breaker".

[video=youtube_share;W8a2e1IqDrA]https://youtu.be/W8a2e1IqDrA[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sometimes I wonder why such things even pass as a topic for debate...maybe it'd be better, if when a celebrity states such things, just to laugh...laugh uncontrollably at such stupidity.
    Maybe that’s what sparked the debate.

“Oh, you think the oppression of women is funny?”

”Hahahaha! That’s nonsense.”

”no it’s not.”

”yes it is.”

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe that’s what sparked the debate.

“Oh, you think the oppression of women is funny?”

”Hahahaha! That’s nonsense.”

”no it’s not.”

”yes it is.”

Just point and laugh.
    Don't respond.
    Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Just point and laugh.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just point and laugh.
    Don't respond.
    Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Just point and laugh.

I was thinking last night about what the best method of squashing this SJW mindset would be. I've said this before: They are very good, and very fast, to shut down effective arguments.

The "NPC" situation, for example. Try saying that somewhere like Reddit or Twitter and see how fast you get removed/banned or more importantly, shamed. That's the real power, right there. Shame.

They create an environment where saying certain things or sharing some ideas brings shaming and belittling... and it really is effective. Even I hesitate to use "SJW" outside of familiar places because I've seen responses that lay on heavy attempts to embarrass you for using it... as though it's "such a dumb thing to say", "I can't believe there are still people that say that", etc.

It works. But I think it can also work the other way around...

When you see someone say in a seemingly serious way that there should be pansexual african american trans representation in Overwatch... you should ask them... "What made you this way?" Or "Where did you learn to think like this?" Things that show heavy disbelief that the things they are saying are actually being said by a real person. I think, to some people, that might force them to step back and realize how outrageous they are.

... Then again, some may truly believe the stupid things they say, and those will just double-down and seek refuge in their echo chambers.

I dunno. Just something to think about. I know the "right" and "anti-SJW" groups come up with some good methods every now and then. And the second they do... the media turns it into a "racist, alt-right, bigot" tactic... and effectively puts a stop to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom