• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    391   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    That area, ego and image have become more important than breathing. “It’s a culture thing” is the excuse given. What it really means is they’re feral animals that can’t behave like adults in public.
    I bought a 642UC to pair with my HK P30L. We don't go to the movies often but when we do, they both go with me.

I don't pick fights much because I'm always carrying and don't need that stress in my life. I'm also 6'5 and 240.

However, in this case, I would have had the same reaction as @Dean C.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Viking-featured.jpg

My theater has a no firearms rule and I abide by that.
    But people are still pretty respectful around me.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I bought a 642UC to pair with my HK P30L. We don't go to the movies often but when we do, they both go with me.

I don't pick fights much because I'm always carrying and don't need that stress in my life. I'm also 6'5 and 240.

However, in this case, I would have had the same reaction as @Dean C.
    10-15 years ago, yeah I probably would have too. I've grown up a bit since then and realized that people like that will not learn from the interaction, and will usually just make your experience worse with no ill effects to them. IT's better to just let it go and move on.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Second, yes get management involved. if they refuse, demand a FULL refund so you can come back later and watch it in peace. Not just your tix but your concessions too. And demand a refund, not a credit. Hit them where it hurts.
    Always a REFUND because it requires paperwork where they have fro document their failure as a manager.

Sadly the theater probably has a Gun Free Zone sign. On the rare occasions I go I still carry as well as having a flashlight and strategically selected seat.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    We go to Saturday morning matinees in Lebanon as often as we can. It’s cheaper and quieter. Many times we may be the only people watching it at 10am.
    When our kids were little(Old days), I would take them to the outdoor theatre. 1990. It so happens I was employed there for Security on weekends.

My night was No charge, just carry my EDC, and Badge and handcuffs.
    We always went on a Monday or Tuesday evening. Kids were sleeping by the second movie.
    I even worked Security for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was an indoor movie though. Don't recall any issues, except rice and squirt pistols during the movie. Cult following to the max.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When our kids were little(Old days), I would take them to the outdoor theatre. 1990. It so happens I was employed there for Security on weekends.

My night was No charge, just carry my EDC, and Badge and handcuffs.
    We always went on a Monday or Tuesday evening. Kids were sleeping by the second movie.
    I even worked Security for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was an indoor movie though. Don't recall any issues, except rice and squirt pistols during the movie. Cult following to the max.
    MAN, we used to have a great time at that movie! Theater workers used to cringe when they saw us walking in. I think it might have been the 50# bag of rice I had slung over my shoulder one weekend! :rockwoot:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    SO, how was the movie?

It was bad , the musical numbers added absolutely nothing to the film and honestly at several points “pulled me out” of the movie. There is a good movie buried in there but it’s covered by a lot of crap. Just consider Joker a one off, they had a chance for fantastic commentary on both incarceration and the mass media and they wasted it

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    It was bad , the musical numbers added absolutely nothing to the film and honestly at several points “pulled me out” of the movie. There is a good movie buried in there but it’s covered by a lot of crap. Just consider Joker a one off, they had a chance for fantastic commentary on both incarceration and the mass media and they wasted it
    I saw previews and it didn't hit me right. I am not a musical movie guy and maybe that added to me not wanting to consider it.

Thanks....I'm glad you made it home ok!! ;-)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That area, ego and image have become more important than breathing. “It’s a culture thing” is the excuse given. What it really means is they’re feral animals that can’t behave like adults in public.
    Sooooo many videos out there of people throwing their lives away because they backed themselves into that ego threat corner.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    This kind of crap is exactly why I very rarely go anywhere with crowds of people for entertainment anymore. It's annoying but not as annoying as paying for something and not being able to enjoy it. Then, of course like with anything else in this woke-world of sissies, if you say something to them, you're the A-hole. Which is fine with me, who cares?

It's like going to a concert and having Sally and her bestie stand in front of you holding their cell phones up for 90% of the show. How many freaking pictures do you need to take of the exact same image of someone singing on a stage!?!?!? You are not going to post that many pics on Fakebook of your girls night out!

People are so shallow and insecure and want to feel like they are a part of something or get attention which leads them to do really stupid and immature things!

Others are just idiots who are miserable and want to make life miserable for others as a result.

End result for me is I don't spend my money in those establishments and I avoid situations like the OP is talking about. However, I have put more than my fair share of jackasses like this in their place in similar settings in the past. Sometimes that meant having them kicked out by management/owner, which is very rewarding. It may even get a standing ovation by the other annoyed and paying patrons!

Top Bottom