• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Didn't think Btown had a lot of drug manufacturing. I had heard that was more of a Bloomfield kinda thing.

you are correct sir, I have moved south of bloomington. I have not updated my correct location on my profile. I always carry a side arm while out in the woods, i have heard stories of people stumbling on to mini mobile labs or "persons" wondering around the woods who look like they have no reason for being out there. it looks like that drug has hit hard around here. sad times.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You know, since it seems to be controversial here in other threads.
    I wanted to mention the 870 I used on the man had a PG only configuration.

I had one of the SpeedFeed "birdshead" style PG's on it and no stock.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Security Cameras.
    I can access the feed from TVs in the living room and bedroom and recently from an app on my ipad (can look at them when in the bathroom even).

photo_zps50a06227.png

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ SOMEONE'S IN YOUR KITCHEN!!! ^^^^^^^^^^

All kidding aside, is there a reason you have 2 color cameras and the rest are grayscale? I'm not being facetious, just wondering. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

All kidding aside, is there a reason you have 2 color cameras and the rest are grayscale? I'm not being facetious, just wondering. :)

My bet is they are all color with IR/NV. When the light levels drop below a certain level, they switch to BW and turn on the IR illuminators. Every BW image you see just means the lights are off in that area.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington

looks lik the grayscale pics are shot in night vision or "near IR". just dark areas that have been digitally enhanced to pick up and magnify any light.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    jaybird,

May not be wise to write that in a public forum. If someone does break in and threaten you, you might have a hard time explaining this post.
    Well, I consider a person breaking into my home, a threat to me and my family. "Shoot first and ask questions later", comes to mind. I just intend to protect myself, my family and my property. So if some idiot comes in uninvited, he will leave in a differant mode. As I have stated in many previous posts, I have had police officers that I know tell me to do this. In this day and age, you cannot depend on the police to be there at the exact time you need them. Protect yourself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With the new designer drugs that are everywhere and the increase of meth-heads among us you can not rely on rational reactions from a home invader. If you are a drug dealer you know why they are coming in and what they intend to leave with. If you are a regular guy home owner, well, they are looking for your valuable stuff to sell or trade for drugs. They will most likely kill you in the process just for sport. Most of these A$$ hats have zero to loose and everything to gain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My apartment was broken into over Christmas break. They kicked our door straight in and they took mostly 1 of my roommates stuff. Luckily I took about 5,000$ worth of guns, guitars, fishing tackle, electronics home with me for the break. My roomates found out about the incident when they came back on new years eve. We were later told by our neighbors that they noticed our door was open for 4-5 DAYS! We live on the corner of a street only 1 block off of a major highway and NOBODY called us or police or anything. :rolleyes:

Luckily the only thing they took of mine was about 80$ cash.

It has made me reconsider carrying while at home though. I used to carry mainly when I left the house, but now I carry all the time. It is an eerie feeling to know that someone was walking through your own home. All Drawers, cabinets, and closets were wide open. Plus we were able to heat the world for 4-5 DAYS!

Rant off. I'm just getting pissed thinking about it all again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a home invasion back when I was in my late 20's living in Illinois. I was still living with my parents but they were out of town in Europe seeing the sights. All their friends knew they were gone and they made no secret they would be gone for a month. Of course they didn't mention me, who would be home the whole time. We lived in the country on 40 acres with a tenth of a mile long driveway so the house was out of sight. When it was dark, there was a single "Farm Light" atop the power pole that fed the house. This lit the area up well, it was a street light essentially that all the farms had on the pole going to the house in the area.

Just after midnight a truck with it's lights off slowly came down the drive. I was still up watching what passed for TV before cable or satellites. I had a Remington 870, loaded with #4 buckshot with me because I liked having it nearby when no one else was around. Two men got out of the truck and went tot he front door, they were glass and I used to push on them to open them when I forgot my key. You could push on one of the double doors until they simple swung open because the locking bolt wasn't very long. I'd mentioned this to Dad a few times but he felt our seclusion was security enough. I met the men with my shotgun as they entered the house having already called 911 asking for the police to come.

One of the men saw me and ran, the other saw me and reached for a gun in his belt. He shot me in the lower abdomen just as I fired the shotgun hitting him full on in the chest. I guess he had a reaction to the hit and fired agin as he was dying hitting me in the shoulder. I fell to the ground wounded and heard the truck throwing gravel as it sped away. I grabbed a sofa pillow and used it to try and slow the blood from my gut, the shoulder wound wasn't bleeding as badly so I let it bleed since I only hd one hand to do all of this myself. The Sheriff's Deputy arrived about ten minutes after all of this (felt like several hours to me though) and called the EMT's and started talking to me about what happened, I told them what I knew and more Deputies showed up and finally the ambulance for me. The man I shot was dead before he hit the ground according to the coroner. I was taken to the hospital, sewn up etc and eventually was fine.

They never caught the other guy.

Now, my house, the one I own, and the previous house I owned, has always had a steel front door, all exterior doors are either solid wood or steel, with reinforced frames and grill work on any windows they may have. I am never more than a step from a firearm in my house, I was always carrying them around but that isn't comfortable when you just want to relax. I have a full security system, all doors and windows have sensors plus all the rooms have motion detectors, plus the fire stuff you have with such a system. I don't tell anyone anything about travel. I don't open my door to a knock without a gun in my hand, even the pizza or chinese food guy knows I am armed when I come to the door now. If it is someone I am expecting I holster it before opening but never open without looking first.

I'm not afraid though it may sound like it. I am wary. I really don't want to ever again kill a man like that if I can avoid it so I try hard to avoid it. I am mostly over having done it but I had nightmares about it for a while. You may think it's easy to kill a person but it wasn't for me. I'm no ***** either. It just felt so senseless to me that this guy had to die, I had to be shot twice, all for some "stuff".

Damn son, I hate this for you. I will share a similar experience with you in person the next time I see you. Do not much care to let all the ACQB's have too much info.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK Tim, that will be fine. I don't think about it much anymore but the thread sort of caused me to tell my story again. All my scars from the wounds are gone from my body now too. We can work it out when appropriate.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I went back and read more posts from this thread and thank you for sharing your horrific story Warthog. Sorry to hear that it had to happen to you.
    It was a long time ago, I am 51 now. I guess I know how I ill react if it comes to this again though. It isn't as easy as many people think it will be to shoot a human. I think it is much harder to shoot that beautiful trophy buck in fact. I have seen many hunters hesitate a few seconds before killing their trophy buck. Those seconds can wind up killing you if the buck is shooting back.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    With the new designer drugs that are everywhere and the increase of meth-heads among us you can not rely on rational reactions from a home invader. If you are a drug dealer you know why they are coming in and what they intend to leave with. If you are a regular guy home owner, well, they are looking for your valuable stuff to sell or trade for drugs. They will most likely kill you in the process just for sport. Most of these A$$ hats have zero to loose and everything to gain.

Don't have ta be 'at home' neither........few mls,like a crow fly's from me.......

Elderly man robbed leaving ATM - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

:xmad:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Mind you all, I have also held looters at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived here back when the floods happened. A group of idiots with a 4x4 pick up thought everyone had left our street since most of the houses were full of water. I live on a small hill and my house is on a raised foundation so the water never got inside the actual living area. These guys came into my drive way and started going through things. My door was open because I wanted things to dry and the let the water back out more easily.

I went out after hailing the police (who came in a boat which I thought was funny) and held the three of them at the end of my FAL. I made them kneel in the two remaining feet of nasty water with their hands knit behind their heads, sitting on their legs which was the best I could do under the conditions. They didn't give me a but of trouble once they saw the weapon. Smart men.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    great info gentlemen, your stories serve as very entertaining reads and educational as to what kind of evil is really out there. thank you all for sharing.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I live in an Apt. complex and about a year ago my 20 year old daughter came and woke me up at about 3am. She was asleep on the couch and heard someone trying to get in the front door I also had a man walk in my apt when I was in the kitchen. I confronted both men 1 with a weapon the other with out. I don't usually carry in the house. I have since put 3 pistols in different Locations in my home so I can get to one very quickly if needed. My children know where they are and have been taught from a very early age gun safety.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I live in an Apt. complex and about a year ago my 20 year old daughter came and woke me up at about 3am. She was asleep on the couch and heard someone trying to get in the front door I also had a man walk in my apt when I was in the kitchen. I confronted both men 1 with a weapon the other with out. I don't usually carry in the house. I have since put 3 pistols in different Locations in my home so I can get to one very quickly if needed. My children know where they are and have been taught from a very early age gun safety.
    Hope you have them locked where the kids can't get them? Just carry in your home and problem solved

Top Bottom