• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, Oprah might have been better than Prez 44 and 45, but it's time for someone who thinks about the country as a whole and not for any particular special interest group....unless that special interest group is the common man.

But, if you give me Oprah vs. say...Rocky Bleier....I'll take Rocky any day.

So we'll put you down for Trump 2020, then. Welcome aboard!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Every president needs to think about the country as a whole, consider that not every citizen has the same aspirations and values, and acts accordingly. Certainly there are partisan goals to achieve, but Overton's Window should be strongly accounted. 44 didn't do that. 45 isn't doing that. Oprah never has been that. There's no past, present or future Oprah which could do that.

But anyway, I'm not certain we're capable of voting for that kind of president anyway.

Oprah has an ego at least as big as Trump. But, I'd wager she's a lot smarter.

I doubt we'll see another billionaire for awhile.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I knew I liked her for a reason ....wait.

She used to be hot. Now, not so much...
    qqvifn.jpg

...but, in the words of Bob Hope "thanks for the memories."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno, too much great material to use against her... like saying the old whites just gotta die: https://twitter.com/BasedMonitored/status/950456412458639360

Did she specifically say that "whites" just have to die? Or are people just assuming (the clip doesn't say so). I ask this question, because old black people from the era she was talking about, were just as likely to be racist. I had relatives in Alabama and Arkansas that took hate with them to their grave.

Edit: I found the clip... and it now I see why the clip you provided was cut at a "convenient" spot. Her full statement was:
    Of course problem is not solved. You know, as long as people can be judged by the color of their skin, problem’s not solved. As long as there are people who still, there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the south–there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.”

:dunno:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did she specifically say that "whites" just have to die? Or are people just assuming (the clip doesn't say so). I ask this question, because old black people from the era she was talking about, were just as likely to be racist. I had relatives in Alabama and Arkansas that took hate with them to their grave.

Edit: I found the clip... and it now I see why the clip you provided was cut at a "convenient" spot. Her full statement was:

Sound bites/clip cutting has become the norm in the media. They need to get deep into the negative by any means.
    I truly long for some real cutting edge journalism.....you know, Clark Kent stuff.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Oh I don't deny there's more context to the line. But it's still a great clip that would absolutely be featured in a campaign ad against her, if she ran.

We live in a post-truth world.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Things like the above remind me that in the end this guy will be right back to doing what he has always done.

Always follow the money

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What happened to the days when people accused of heinous crimes would stuff a bag full of money, hop on a plane, and disappear to Eastern Europe, SE Asia, or S American?

I had a client who allegedly did something pretty close to that. It was national news at the time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m really getting tired of the hypocrisy of #metoo.

Wannabe young hot starlet wants to be a famous actress; goes to Hollywood; runs on hard times.

Harvy Wienstien: “you wanna be a star, you have to **** first.”

Wannabe starlet: “okay.”

A star is borne.

Movies. Fame. Stardome.

Someone outs Harvy.

Starlet: #metoo.

You stupid slut. You’re no better than Weinstein. YOU sold your ***** to the devil. That doesn’t make him any less the devil. But it doesn’t make you a victim either. YOU ****ed him for the promise of fame. YOU got your fame. You could have declined the deal with the devil. You can jam your # in your money maker.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m really getting tired of the hypocrisy of #metoo.

Wannabe young hot starlet wants to be a famous actress; goes to Hollywood; runs on hard times.

Harvy Wienstien: “you wanna be a star, you have to **** first.”

Wannabe starlet: “okay.”

A star is borne.

Movies. Fame. Stardome.

Someone outs Harvy.

Starlet: #metoo.

You stupid slut. You’re no better than Weinstein. YOU sold your ***** to the devil. That doesn’t make him any less the devil. But it doesn’t make you a victim either. YOU ****ed him for the promise of fame. YOU got your fame. You could have declined the deal with the devil. You can jam your # in your money maker.

I have to lean this way.
    Many of the weathered stars that are coming out are no longer main stream. This is another shot at the headlines.

Top Bottom