• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am not really mad just looking to get a snow day. I have a kitchen upgrade in progress. Being snowed in and working on the house running the fire box was just something we thought would be pretty cool.

Sounds like you may still need the fire box. I hate when it gets below zero....old back is a hurting today. As dad use to say, must be the weather.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    f486ffba4cdc07cc040428fc310e18a1.jpg

Damn... The technology and detailed evaluation is improving

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like you may still need the fire box. I hate when it gets below zero....old back is a hurting today. As dad use to say, must be the weather.

Yeah if the temp graph is correct I will put a fire in it around 3:00 this afternoon. Anything above 35*s it is too hard to keep the temp in the house comfortable.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Looks like you guys will get mostly rain, but maybe a little bit of freezing rain. Martinsville area looks most likely to get the brunt of any ice.

Checked the weather right before I went to bed last night, they're saying maybe 1-2" for us. I get up early today and winter storm warning and 3-6". uggghhhh Oh well I don't have to be anywhere until the end of next week.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Have plenty of Kerosene, and the heaters are all in good shape. Got that part to fix my generator, and I'm stocked up on gas for that. Plenty of firewood in the breezeway, so we figured we were ready for whatever.

Then, the furnace chose Thursday night to crap out. It's 21 years old, so I'm not complaining. Just funny about the timing. I'm guessing that the heat exchanger cracked because it looks like the flame rolled out the front of it and melted a bunch of wires before it shut itself off.

It's a bummer, but at times like this, I'm double glad that I've got a good woodstove and a yuge wood pile.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Still raining in Greenfield, temp just recently dropped below freezing and the breeze has noticeably picked up. They're still saying that east central Indiana could pick up a quick 6 inches this evening and winds gusting over 50 mph... we shall see.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Greetings from the great white Miami county area. Steady snow all day and blowing. Probably no more than 2-3"s though. Only problem is I've talked myself into an M1a. Snowy days are getting expensive.Lol.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Hendricks County = not a flake of snow. With the rain earlier, we are probably negative some snow since yesterday. I need to become a weather prognosticator.

Top Bottom