• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Started lightly snowing here about 7:30 central time. Vehicles had a nice glaze of ice on them before 8:00. Just looked out and its coming down fairly hard and we've got close to 2". Chili is smelling good!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    d8OJ5qk.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    0-Dark-30 here. Snow cover looks to be possibly 3"s or so here. 11*s and everything appears to be frozen. I am not going out there until I absolutely have to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like we got maybe 2" down on the southside. Last time I went out last night it seemed to be a light (weight) snow, so I'm hoping the leafblower will take care of it. Might have been a good thing that the temps had dropped before it really got going. If it had been that heavy wet crap we got last week, it would've been a nightmare after the temps dropped off.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    3" here. Ground was warm enough a lot melted when it fell on the driveway, now it's all frozen and slick as can be. Vehicles are encased in a layer of ice so its going to be fun getting them freed up. Guess I'll clean off the drive after bit so The Boss can go to work tomorrow. Had a big ol bowl of chili for breakfast so I should be able to keep warm.:evilangel:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    3" here. Ground was warm enough a lot melted when it fell on the driveway, now it's all frozen and slick as can be. Vehicles are encased in a layer of ice so its going to be fun getting them freed up. Guess I'll clean off the drive after bit so The Boss can go to work tomorrow. Had a big ol bowl of chili for breakfast so I should be able to keep warm.:evilangel:

Left over chili.......breakfast........chili omelet. They are really good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now that it's light, it's looking like we only got maybe an inch. Both the van and truck don't have any snow on the roof or hood, so it must have blown off. Haven't ventured out to see the ice situation yet.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well probably 2-3" here on the eastside of Indy. Went out yesterday evening and salted in hopes it will make things easier this morning. I will be venturing out in a minute to find out and to go shovel/salt as needed at church. Sounds like the temps are going to be a bit raw the next couple days.
    But I have a plan to make a pot of chili this afternoon and rest my aching back while watching football.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Same few inches of snow here. Enough to cover everything pretty well, but not deep. Certainly less that last weekend. It is cold, though. 9* when I checked this morning. I'll get out the shovel and blower after bit. The kiddo wants to play in the snow, so we'll bundler her up and turn her loose after breakfast. Thinking French Toast this morning.

Did have a bit of a worry last night. CO detector over the fireplace started to chirp. Well, more of a weird 1/2 chirp squawk thing. Changed batteries, and it kept it up. Opened the back door for fresh air, just in case, and moved the detector. Kept it up. Brought in another CO detector (we have a few around the house), and it was fine. I pulled the batteries from the noisy one, and put them back in this morning. It started chirping again. Weird. Maybe it finally died? It is 10 years old. None of our plug in detectors sounded (we have one by the furnace, one in the main hallway, and another upstairs (now by the fireplace)). This is the second battery powered one that has acted up in the last few months. Going to pick up another one when we go out later.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well probably 2-3" here on the eastside of Indy. Went out yesterday evening and salted in hopes it will make things easier this morning. I will be venturing out in a minute to find out and to go shovel/salt as needed at church. Sounds like the temps are going to be a bit raw the next couple days.
    But I have a plan to make a pot of chili this afternoon and rest my aching back while watching football.
    I'll be heading out soon myself to tackle the driveway, but honestly I could probably get by with doing nothing. Hot wings for football today, roast with taters, carrots and onions in the crockpot tomorrow. :)

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Couldn't get a good reading of snow fall due to the drifting. Had anywhere from 2" - 2' on my porch and walk / driveway. Roads that were plowed were a sheet of ice. Snow and slush were my friends for getting to work @ 6.30am...

Our vehicles park E-W, so the only part I had to clean was the south. The ice made it fun to open doors, but seems the wind was helpful for us.

Top Bottom