• ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Really starting to pile up now! :nailbite:

xBbwunk.jpg

I see "25ft" on that tape measure. When it gets to that point, sell!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Wind is picking up some now. Power has flickered a few times in the last 10 minutes. Since we're rural we're very low on their priority list. Since it's been out in town for a few hours we'll even be lower. If it goes out tonight I don't see them doing anything for us until Monday.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Westfield was "suppose to get" 5 to 8 inches of snow. So far as of 5PM we have had freezing rain that finally turned into snow. Just about half an inch as of now, and I doubt we will break the 2 inch mark.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Started snowing here on Indy's eastside about a half hour ago. All the rain water is starting to turn slushy. I guess that means time to go spread some salt.

I thought about it, but if it gets as cold as they say it is, I'm just afraid the salt isn't going to do much good. Potassium chloride will do better than rock salt though.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    We now have a whopping 4" of snow. However, the wind is 22 mph gusting to 30. Daughter just got home from work and said the roads are horrible. Lots of drifting and cars off the road. Lights have flickered a few times. Good day to watch Band of Brothers on the DVD.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ex wifey sent a text this morning from dispatch in Winchester, said a big line went down by one of the RR crossings in Farmland. Took out power from STF to Muncie along 32. I got a message from I&M it was out this morning, but had been restored. So I was a little surprised to find it off when I got home. Came back on about half an hour ago. Here's to a hot shower!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I guess their is some sort of blizzard??? I cant tell, I have 5 pounds of fresh pulled pork, a years worth of covered firewood and a bottle of bourbon.
    why would I look outside? :cool:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Watching the Evansville news right now, looks like its getting sporty over there. Cars sliding around crashing and coming down fast. Wind picking up here and it looks like the change over is right along the Anderson River. Brought the bird feeders in so they can dry out overnight and not be a solid block of ice in the morning. Also put a little extra corn out for the deer and got the rest of the night shift crew fed. Going to start a pot of chili here in a bit and let it simmer in the crock pot all night.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Winds are still going strong here. Whiteout conditions in Winchester from what I'm hearing on the scanner. Several slide offs, someone stuck in the middle of the road, police dispatched for a "domestic" in town. When the officer asked if there were any known weapons in the house the dispatch came back and said no then further described it as a female that was caught smoking and was mad that her cigarettes got taken away. I would not want to be in the house when the officer gets there. You could here the ass ripping he was preparing in his voice as he responded back.

I wondered how stupid it was going to get after dark tonight....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Winds in the Kokomo area are at 30 mph gusting to 38. Down to 20 degrees temp. Snow gauge measured 5 inches, but we have some pretty big drifts. Stay warm and safe everyone.

Top Bottom