• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Teaser Trailer for Fallout 76

It appears to be set in the year 2102. Fallout 4's set in 2287. Fallout 3's 2277. The original Fallout took place in 2161. The Great War happened in 2077

[video=youtube;-ye84Zrqndo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That looks amazing.

(I wonder if Blizzard is going to sue over the "76" part....)

Yeah, looks to be still using the Fallout 4 Gamebryo/Creation engine (now around a decade old).

Being set in 2102, that's 25 years after the bombs dropped, that's 175 years BEFORE Fallout 4 and 58 years before the First Fallout. Going to be very interesting to see the world in the most raw and ruined state we have experienced in a Fallout game.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, looks to be still using the Fallout 4 Gamebryo/Creation engine (now around a decade old).

Being set in 2102, that's 25 years after the bombs dropped, that's 175 years BEFORE Fallout 4 and 58 years before the First Fallout. Going to be very interesting to see the world in the most raw and ruined state we have experienced in a Fallout game.
    I don't know about most ruined. Radiation will be more intense, but you won't have all of those years of mother nature adding to the destruction.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Huh...

Intellivision is Returning With a New Console - Niche Gamer

It seems like everyone is doing throwback hardware re-releases these days, with the likes of Nintendo, Sega, SNK, and even possibly Sony with their own classic hardware re-release. Atari is launching their own reboot of sorts with the Atari VCS, which today had pre-orders go live on Indiegogo. Their old competitor, Intellivision, has announced they’re making a comeback as well.

While details are currently scant, the entire project is being headed by industry veteran and composer Tommy Tallarico, and it won’t be simply a re-release of classic hardware. The press release provided to Niche Gamer says the new console will be “simple, affordable” with a focus on “family and fun.”

“The new Intellivision system (name TBA) will carry on the company tradition of ‘firsts’ with its new concept, design and approach to gaming,” reads the presser. Tallarico will be joined by original members of the old Intellivision team as the company president, under the new company dubbed Intellivision Entertainment.

DedenRiVMAA4BmV.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kotaku is claiming Fallout 76 is going to be an online survival RPG.

Also noteworthy that Bethesda blacklisted Kotaku in 2015... so decide if you want to believe them or not.

DedrMGuX0AIx8P7.jpg:small

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Wow, that going to be odd. Most of the vaults would be still locked, and the people living would remember the world before the bombs dropped. There should be lots Mutants and lots of ghouls, but not many feral ones. BoS was already established by that time, and the Enclave (the former US Govt) should be quite powerful. There still should be lots of salvageable stuff, even vehicles. Bethesda has my attention.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kotaku is claiming Fallout 76 is going to be an online survival RPG.

Also noteworthy that Bethesda blacklisted Kotaku in 2015... so decide if you want to believe them or not.

DedrMGuX0AIx8P7.jpg:small

This I can see. from F4 to now, is quite a turnaround for a entire new FPS game as detailed as Fallout storylines tend to be. Makes senses after Elder Scrolls Online.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dammit. Atari Flashback. Now Intellivision. The most defining dilemma of my youth - Atari v. Intellivision - is now invading my mid-life.

Next you're going to tell me that my parents are getting divorced. Again.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow, that going to be odd. Most of the vaults would be still locked, and the people living would remember the world before the bombs dropped. There should be lots Mutants and lots of ghouls, but not many feral ones. BoS was already established by that time, and the Enclave (the former US Govt) should be quite powerful. There still should be lots of salvageable stuff, even vehicles. Bethesda has my attention.
    That is not a lot of time for mutants to develop.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gaming Historian looks at one link in the Sega tower-of-power... the Sega 32X

[video=youtube;sjilAAhp8NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjilAAhp8NI[/video]

When I was in highschool, some friends and I wanted to make a Quake (original) map of our school to play deathmatch in. While the thought of "shooting up" our school never occurred, we thought it would be fun if we could map out the whole school and put funny stuff in there. Naturally, we spent about 5 mintues on it and gave up. Good times.

Heh, did similar things in the Source engine. Always though it'd be cool to make a map of my town, for example.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I was in highschool, some friends and I wanted to make a Quake (original) map of our school to play deathmatch in. While the thought of "shooting up" our school never occurred, we thought it would be fun if we could map out the whole school and put funny stuff in there. Naturally, we spent about 5 mintues on it and gave up. Good times.
    Quake..pfft... younguns.

We had an Engineering Mall map for Doom when we were at Purdue.

Top Bottom