Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So here's an impressive VR demonstration... Game is called Beat Saber. You slash targets with your lightsaber to the beat of the music you choose.

[video=youtube;GAlwSC5PQZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAlwSC5PQZo[/video]

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Despite only having a few songs the game has pretty well lived up to the hype. They are modding a ton of new beat maps and songs into it already.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Integrating your camera with the VR game is also a pretty decent way of giving non-VR people an idea of what's going on inside.

Those music VR games are not easy.

I've played some Audioshield... it's nice because you can choose your own music you have saved on the computer and it'll generate a routine for it. If the metadata of the music file matches other people, it'll show you how you compare to everyone else that has played that same song when you finish.

Also... it's a workout. Definitely sweating at the end of a session.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up.

1. COD Black Ops 4 details... No single-player confirmed. Shame. Has a "battle royale" multiplayer mode.
    2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced... slated for 2021 release.
    3. Kingdom Hearts 3 got a hands-on preview.
    4. RAGE 2 gameplay trailer released.
    5. Borderlands 3 may not be at E3.
    6. Metro: Exodus delayed to Q1 2019.
    7. Microsoft announced Xbox Adaptive Controller for people with disabilities.
    8. Sony ends production of Playstation Vita physical carts.
    9. Boss Key Productions closing up.
    10. No Man's Sky coming to XBOne, also releasing actual multiplayer finally.

[video=youtube;06-hQYmIZeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-hQYmIZeE[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Messed around with Skyrim VR. Got the Nexus Mod Manager working fine with it.

The movement in-game really messes with me, though. I'm typically fine in other games, but this one just doesn't sit right. Might have to switch to teleport mode, unfortunately... or dig into some settings or something that alleviates motion sickness.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Messed around with Skyrim VR. Got the Nexus Mod Manager working fine with it.

The movement in-game really messes with me, though. I'm typically fine in other games, but this one just doesn't sit right. Might have to switch to teleport mode, unfortunately... or dig into some settings or something that alleviates motion sickness.
    Getting old.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gameranx 10 Best Co-Op Games of 2018

1. Kirby Star Allies
    2. Divinity: Original Sin 2 *
    3. Deep Rock Galactic -
    4. Crackdown 3. . .
    5. State of Decay 2 -
    6. Sea of Thieves -
    7. Far Cry 5 *
    8. Warhammer Vermintide 2 *
    9. A Way Out -
    10. Monster Hunter World *

I own the Asterisks.
    I'm interested in the -dashes.

[video=youtube;0O5rgdh3lqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5rgdh3lqc[/video]

Deep Rock looks interesting, been hearing about it for a while. State of Decay 2 seems to fit my niche interests. Sea of Thieves... I'm hoping this is solo-friendly. A Way Out... I've watched a playthrough of this... very interesting and cool game.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up.

1. COD Black Ops 4 details... No single-player confirmed. Shame. Has a "battle royale" multiplayer mode.
    2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced... slated for 2021 release.
    3. Kingdom Hearts 3 got a hands-on preview.
    4. RAGE 2 gameplay trailer released.
    5. Borderlands 3 may not be at E3.
    6. Metro: Exodus delayed to Q1 2019.
    7. Microsoft announced Xbox Adaptive Controller for people with disabilities.
    8. Sony ends production of Playstation Vita physical carts.
    9. Boss Key Productions closing up.
    10. No Man's Sky coming to XBOne, also releasing actual multiplayer finally.

[video=youtube;06-hQYmIZeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-hQYmIZeE[/video]

No campaign? LAME. You automatically lose out on many "new" players who might be new to the series. Campaigns are essential to learning the controls of a game, before you jump in to multi-player. I only played the first Black Ops. No way, I'm going to throw myself in the fire as a noob, and get slaughtered by other players who have been playing there series far longer than I have. FAIL.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No campaign? LAME. You automatically lose out on many "new" players who might be new to the series. Campaigns are essential to learning the controls of a game, before you jump in to multi-player. I only played the first Black Ops. No way, I'm going to throw myself in the fire as a noob, and get slaughtered by other players who have been playing there series far longer than I have. FAIL.
    I agree for a slightly different reason. I don't play online anymore. I got tired of the kids and cheating a long time ago.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kut, I think you'd be surprised.

My son and I got into Overwatch quite awhile after it was released. It has training, but no campaign. (It has recently added some "story" mode type games that are like vignettes but not a full campaign.) It has a learning curve, but really isn't bad.

The game companies know that they need new players, so there are strategies for helping them integrate. This can either be with the training mode or matching similarly ranked players all together. If there were a bunch of pros playing against n00bs, then that's not much fun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always liked the single player campaign of the COD series. I thought they did a pretty good job, even if the stories were a bit copy/paste from other titles. They were still exciting.

I haven't had much interest in the multiplayer side of COD for a while now. So for players like me... yeah they've lost a customer. Meh.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Super Bunnyhop talks about the Nintendo Labo and Theories of Edutainment

[video=youtube;1h8_Pj2DRmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h8_Pj2DRmQ[/video]

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I still love multiplayer (at least on PC) where I still do good enough to not feel frustrated. However, I don't spend as much time in MP on consoles. After all these years I still haven't mastered the controllers. If I am playing there I will just focus on support/objectives and let others do the killing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree for a slightly different reason. I don't play online anymore. I got tired of the kids and cheating a long time ago.

Yup.

I don't play any FPS anymore - too limiting and the campaigns are too boring and restrictive. They're just run to this trigger point, shoot this never ending stream of enemies, run to the next trigger point, .... cue lame cut scene.

I worry about the future of single player games - the revenue stream of microtransactions is just too lucrative for developers to put a lot of time into a good SP game. GTA V was suppose to have expansions for SP, but Take 2 got a taste of that sweet, sweet stream of money... no SP, but TONS of MP expansions with new cars that are slightly better than the old and much more expensive.

The nice thing is there's tons of stuff to do in GTA even if you suck at killing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    EH, I think "campaign mode" has been set up to disappear sense around halo 4 times. Its an entertainment industry and most of the entertainment comes from online competitive multiplayer. For a lot of people the single player modes offer no challenge, and often times a super weak story ( Looking at you destiny ). I still think its sad, but CoD has been selling a brand since black ops 1. Its the same game, new maps, new skins.

Doing a campaign takes a LOT of work and money. You need writers and voice actors a great plot, and mix in good challenging gameplay? WAY HARD. Most campaigns are only a few hours long anyway. Or you could just spend all your time making the online mode great. I know plenty of people who never play through the singleplayer mode to lots of games. Again, Sad but natural progression. Id bet single player games will become more prominent when they start realeasing then as strictly single player, like wolfenstein.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also agree that killing the campaign mode is bad move. I have been slowly losing interest with the COD series. This will seal the deal.

I think they think adding battle royale mode will more than replace the sales lost due to no campaign.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom