• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    and fortnite and its cousins are giving them that. In a sense I think that the battle arenas are giving CoD and its clones the competition it has sorely needed, forcing them to innovate beyond adding more garish crap.
    Could be. I gave up on COD when they took out custom servers and mods.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Baldur's Gate 3 gets an announcement trailer

A bit NSFW, gore.

[video=youtube;OcP0WdH7rTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For those without a Nintendo Switch... Square Enix's "Octopath Traveler" RPG just went up on Steam

octopath-traveler-release-date-special-edition-details_1200x500.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bethesda was last night, lot of Doom news, not much else. Some super over-enthusiastic crowd members placed conveniently close to the microphones.

They ribbed on themselves about the Fallout 76 debacle, did some virtue signaling about diversity, and it was over and done. Oh, NPCs coming to Fallout 76.

Microsoft was alright. They announced their next console and specs for it, codenamed "Project Scarlett". Definitely emphasizing the streaming nature of the direction they're going. Also a new trailer for the next Halo game, Halo Infinite. New console next holiday, 2020.

Devolver Digital's E3 video was fun, as always. Full of gore, cursing, and humor.

Today's E3 schedule:

PC Gaming Show: 1:00 PM ET
    Ubisoft: 4:00 PM ET
    Square Enix: 9:00 PM ET

I usually watch the PC Gaming Show out of habit at this point, it's not like there's a lot of significant reveals... but it's sort of fun. Gets better each year, started out pretty awkward and cheesy.

Ubisoft usually does alright, definitely looking forward to Square Enix. The Final Fantasy 7 remake got a release date, March 2020. Not sure how much new they'll have to show, though.

Sony unfortunately not doing a presentation this year.

The Nintendo Direct is tomorrow at noon.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bethesda was last night, lot of Doom news, not much else. Some super over-enthusiastic crowd members placed conveniently close to the microphones.

They ribbed on themselves about the Fallout 76 debacle, did some virtue signaling about diversity, and it was over and done. Oh, NPCs coming to Fallout 76.

Microsoft was alright. They announced their next console and specs for it, codenamed "Project Scarlett". Definitely emphasizing the streaming nature of the direction they're going. Also a new trailer for the next Halo game, Halo Infinite. New console next holiday, 2020.

Devolver Digital's E3 video was fun, as always. Full of gore, cursing, and humor.

Today's E3 schedule:

PC Gaming Show: 1:00 PM ET
    Ubisoft: 4:00 PM ET
    Square Enix: 9:00 PM ET

I usually watch the PC Gaming Show out of habit at this point, it's not like there's a lot of significant reveals... but it's sort of fun. Gets better each year, started out pretty awkward and cheesy.

Ubisoft usually does alright, definitely looking forward to Square Enix. The Final Fantasy 7 remake got a release date, March 2020. Not sure how much new they'll have to show, though.

Sony unfortunately not doing a presentation this year.

The Nintendo Direct is tomorrow at noon.

I'm having a hard time getting excited by this year's crop...what am I not seeing here, GP?

I have a switch...Octopath Traveler hasn't even blipped on my radar. What am I missing there?

Everybody's talking about 2077, but I'm not really feeling it. I think it's from the team that developed the Witcher III...I tried that one, but lost interest pretty quickly.

Maybe it's time for that full-evil playthrough of RDR I've been promising myself. (I haven't had the heart to do that to Arthur after my first playthrough...lol)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm having a hard time getting excited by this year's crop...what am I not seeing here, GP?

This year probably isn't going to be a big one as far as new stuff goes. New consoles for Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo will likely be the big hits for next year's E3. Just not a ton to get hyped about in 2019, all the good stuff is coming in 2020.

I have a switch...Octopath Traveler hasn't even blipped on my radar. What am I missing there?

Return to classic turn-based combat RPG with eight stories to follow, great old-style graphics with a modern touch. Though Digital Foundry did a comparison of the Switch vs the new PC version... PC far superior.

Everybody's talking about 2077, but I'm not really feeling it.

From what people that have seen of it in-person, it's sounding pretty good. Still very early, though. The setting is something that hasn't really been given a ton of attention in games. People love first-person RPGs, though.

I think it's from the team that developed the Witcher III...I tried that one, but lost interest pretty quickly.

giphy.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Solid showing from Nintendo.

Luigi's Mansion 3 coming 2019. Dragon Quest characters, as well as Banjo+Kazooie coming to Smash.

More Link's Awakening footage, game coming Sept 20, 2019.

Dragon Quest XI port Sept 27, Trials of Mana early 2020

Panzer Dragoon remake shown. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Bunch of other ports to Switch, including more Resident Evil games, and The Witcher 3 (somehow...)

Cadence of Hyrule is a Zelda game in the "Crypt of the Necrodancer" engine... pretty unique.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games out November.

New Animal Crossing footage, delayed to 3/20/20.

Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel in development.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom