• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wondered about that.

A couple personal iterations ago, I actually was involved in a project that Atari was a part of. Well. A company's IP was purchased by a company that was then purchased by Atari, which licensed the IP to another company, who didn't really do anything with it, so it might have reverted back to Atari, which by then had sold its assets to another company, which then licensed the Atari name to other companies.

Which is a long way around to say "Atari" didn't actually exist. When I saw the VCS thing pop up, I wondered if someone had gotten another license for the name.

Which is a real bummer because my son was/is excited to do the retro gaming thing.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Should I get Squad or FO4 VR? I really miss playing Project Reality....I don't know that i have the time to sink to get good. I would rather be out in the garage melting while working on my truck instead of being comfy in my AC filled basement.

I just noticed witcher 3 may be worth grabbing too!

Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Picked up Vampyr. It has been enjoyable so far. There are definitely points where the game expects you to be at a certain level range even if you haven't leveled up recently (you have to sleep and use accumulated XP on RPG things to level up) and you're suddenly facing a significantly higher level enemy than you had otherwise recently faced.

I've only fed on one douchey character who I had completely unlocked and managed to not impact the area he was in.

The fighting mechanic seems to be set up such that you find what works for you (I'm dual-wielding melee, using stuns a lot), but the level gap is what determines the difficulty (once you've figured out what the enemies are doing) since it controls how much damage you take and do (no armor items). So, facing higher level baddies isn't impossible, but your attack and dodge timing had better be good and will will likely take longer due to more health and reduced damage taken by the enemy.

You do need to search containers in the world for money and crafting materials (to make medical items/recovery and upgrade weapons), though there are vendors who sell some of it. The RPG aspects have abilities/skills/boosts/stats...but you can only equip 5 abilities on the xbone version (LT/LB/RT/RB/LT+RT) even though there are...11 (?) possible abilities. Not sure if that was meant to force you to focus on improving a few abilities (the XP cost grows the more you improve them, as usual) or just what they were stuck with on a console controller.

It did keep me up all night when I first got it, so I know to be careful when picking it up, now. :n00b:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up.

1. E3 catch-up playlist.
    2. WHO 'gaming disorder' story.
    3. Leak/Rumor that Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC.
    4. Life is Strange 2 episode 1 drops September 27.
    5. Possible changes coming to Fortnite regarding nerfing or removing building.
    6. Tool that tells you how much money you've spent, lifetime, on Steam. I'm scared to look.
    7. Developers say Twitch is hurting single-player games.
    8. Cross-play controversy with Fortnite on PlayStation.
    9. Nintendo/Microsoft Minecraft cross-play.
    10. Gamestop officially confirms buyout talks... might be dissolved/changed/remain, who knows. Earnings way down.
    11. Bethesda suing developers of Westworld mobile game (former devs of Fallout Shelter)

[video=youtube;JRM5YvyRW7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRM5YvyRW7k[/video]

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Picked up the valve bundle pack for around $15 on steam! What a deal! Now I can replay all of those old games I have such fond memories of. It included all versions of Half-life, Counter strike, portal, left 4 dead, TFC, day of defeat, and I'm sure I might be missing g something. Good deal!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    z21q0rq246611.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jake Baldino talks about Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay that he saw an E3. Can't see any since it's still under wraps, but he describes it as being quite amazing.

[video=youtube;zba7WSiOlEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zba7WSiOlEE[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gameranx wrap up for this week

1. Uncharted creator Amy Hennig has left EA, Star Wars project is shelved. EA Vancouver working on a different Star Wars game. EA is ****ing over the Star Wars franchise, needs to hand it off to someone that cares.
    2. PUBG drops Fortnite copyright lawsuit.
    3. Google planning game platform that could rival Xbox and Playstation.
    4. New Overwatch hero... Hammond. A hamster... in a mech. Appealing to the furries.
    5. Studio behind Alien Isolation is working on a new first-person tactical game. New IP.
    6. Valve plans to make their own version of "Steam Spy", works better.
    7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is apparently harder than Dark Souls or Bloodborne, says From Software.

[video=youtube_share;StJ5hj_Mpq4]https://youtu.be/StJ5hj_Mpq4[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Red Baron 3 was probably my favorite game ever, WW1 air combat just doesn't seem to be a very popular format.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Todd Howard (of Bethesda) is throwing Sony under the bus, blaming a lack of cross-platform play in Fallout 76 on them.

Definitely bad PR for Sony. Pressure is on them to stop being lazy and give players the cross-platform they want.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 10 New Games of July 2018

10. The Banner Saga 3
    9. No Man's Sky (XBox release)
    8. Earthfall (Like Left 4 Dead, but aliens)
    7. Warioware Gold
    6. Megaman X Legacy Collection
    5. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch/3DS Release)
    4. Sonic Mania Plus
    3. Red Faction Guerrilla: Re-Mars-Tered Edition
    2. Pool Panic
    1. Octopath Traveler

[video=youtube;I4N8lLlPvgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4N8lLlPvgI[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fallout 76 Intro to Multiplayer Gameplay

[video=youtube;Iw_rcuuZ3I8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_rcuuZ3I8[/video]

You have no idea how pissed off about this game that I am. I get Bethesda is taking chances, but they should at least release this wth some else single player, in tandem. The reason why people are pissed, is that the multi-player games are nothing more than massive money grabs. I have no doubt that Bethesda will be successful with this game, and bring people in to multi-player onboard. The fear that people like me have, is that they will abandon the thing that made them successful in the first place.

Top Bottom