• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My mom went to school with a girl named Ima June Bugg. Even dropping the first name doesn't help. One of the sports stars in Evansville where my wife used to teach was Delmonte Zucchini Jones.
    And the Famous Texas siblings Ima and Ura Hogg.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    RIP Mitch Hedberg. Comedic genius.

2gpkxrris0oy.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Two nurses came into the mom's hospital room (Louisiana, most likely) and one, bringing the meal, asked, "You be wantin' your tray, den?" as the other was handing her the baby.

The rest is history.

From what I understand it used to be a practical joke at a inner city hospital to see what the worst name the nurses could talk the parents into. I heard the winner was "Gonorrhea" the mother heard one of the nurses mention it and asked what it was. The nurse told her it was the name of a beautiful flower... No idea if the story about the hospital is true or not, but I believe that there is/was a girl out there named that.

I used to know a guy who's parents gave him the name Richard Head...

And there is a girl out there named Ta-a. Pronounced Tadasha, the dash isn't silent you know.

My wife told me if we had a son I couldn't name him Thomas Gunther. We were talking to one of her friends who really liked the name, until my wife told her to shorten it. She thought about it for a minute and say NO.

I feel like a lot of these names were chosen at birth SPECIFICALLY to troll whitey 20 years in the future.

And to that I say: well played.

Quite possibly. And I agree.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    From what I understand it used to be a practical joke at a inner city hospital to see what the worst name the nurses could talk the parents into. I heard the winner was "Gonorrhea" the mother heard one of the nurses mention it and asked what it was. The nurse told her it was the name of a beautiful flower... No idea if the story about the hospital is true or not, but I believe that there is/was a girl out there named that.

I used to know a guy who's parents gave him the name Richard Head...

And there is a girl out there named Ta-a. Pronounced Tadasha, the dash isn't silent you know.

My wife told me if we had a son I couldn't name him Thomas Gunther. We were talking to one of her friends who really liked the name, until my wife told her to shorten it. She thought about it for a minute and say NO.

Quite possibly. And I agree.

you're in Evansville, so you've heard of Franz Costello's boys (the guy who owned Zachary-Costello's body shop) Corvette and Camaro

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom