• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've never experienced a math test like this, even at the higher levels. Generally, most "word" problems are an exercise in realizing what among the gobbledegook of information it gives is relevant and which is merely fluff to confuse and throw off the less diligent students. Once you realize that a problem involving mass but no acceleration doesn't give a **** about the object's weight, you can narrow down the family of formulae and equations and concepts you can use to get from the data given to the answer sought. That is a function of critical thinking, which is a thing that exists, but less so in the halls of modern academia.

:n00b: Just.....Go Suck Your Pocket Protector!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've never experienced a math test like this, even at the higher levels. Generally, most "word" problems are an exercise in realizing what among the gobbledegook of information it gives is relevant and which is merely fluff to confuse and throw off the less diligent students. Once you realize that a problem involving mass but no acceleration doesn't give a **** about the object's weight, you can narrow down the family of formulae and equations and concepts you can use to get from the data given to the answer sought. That is a function of critical thinking, which is a thing that exists, but less so in the halls of modern academia.

Damn, you're even more autistic than I am. What is this, a contest?

Oh, and I'm collecting souls; I found a way to keep them in jars.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    avp_shower.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom