• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe I've been doing this job too long. I've never had an issue determining the race of a driver. At night it can be tricky in unlit areas, but during the day, never had an issue.

Before the stop? You see someone run a red light ahead of you, and you know what race they are? You run radar and get a speed you're going to stop and you already know what race they are?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Before the stop? You see someone run a red light ahead of you, and you know what race they are? You run radar and get a speed you're going to stop and you already know what race they are?

Wouldn't it just be easier to pass a law that your car needs to be the same color as the owner? :):

I never understood the race thing.
    Race has never been an issue in my family and I have taught that to my children. My issue with people is doing right or wrong.

In this Ferg case- Some dude did wrong. Dude got caught. Dude put up a fight. Dude got shot. Bad dude was bad.
    Who's the jackass who made this racist? Color of the bad dude is irrelevant. Color of the cop is also irrelevant.
    Question if it was it a good shoot - bad shoot? Fine - Have an investigation. Still has nothing to do with race.

Am I simplifying this too much? :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No, you're not simplifying too much.

you're just fighting a false argument. Those screaming race will do so whenever they can. They know this isn't about race, and they don't care.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And your assertion is that in Ferguson the police drive around looking for Black people driving cars and then pull them over?

Do you sit with a radar gun and give speeding tickets? Do you find it easy to identify the race of the driver before you decide whether to pull them over?

I don't do the radar gun thing. I find it incredibly easy to determine race before I pull them over. If I wanted to, I could easily pull over all black people if I wanted. Seriously is my eyesight just that good? No one else can tell the race and sex of most of the drivers they see on the road? You guys need to eat more carrots.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If theryre ahead of me, how would I know? Im looking at a headrest and the top of a head.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    That's the point though. How often is that the situation for a traffic stop?

I'm not following?

Is social position a reason to pull over/not pull over an individual. 2 cars speeding down the road, do you pull over the high end vehicle and have to fight a high priced lawyer in court or do you pull over the beater vehicle because it is cheaper to him to just pay the ticket?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Is social position a reason to pull over/not pull over an individual. 2 cars speeding down the road, do you pull over the high end vehicle and have to fight a high priced lawyer in court or do you pull over the beater vehicle because it is cheaper to him to just pay the ticket?

I'm sure that question makes sense to you but it makes none to me. That there is way too much peripheral thinking for a simple traffic stop, and it also operates under the assumption that the purpose of the stop is to write a ticket.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

if the cars are side by side, I'd run both plates and see who has the worse history, and then pull them over. If one is abreast of the other, I don't care which is which, I'm pulling over the first vehicle. As if I pulled over the trailing vehicle, they could justifiably ask why I pulled them, and not the first vehicle, assuming I didn't have any difficulty pulling over either (which would be compounded more if the trailing vehicle was a "hoopty."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure that question makes sense to you but it makes none to me. That there is way too much peripheral thinking for a simple traffic stop, and it also operates under the assumption that the purpose of the stop is to write a ticket.

That's how I took it

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    if the cars are side by side, I'd run both plates and see who has the worse history, and then pull them over. If one is abreast of the other, I don't care which is which, I'm pulling over the first vehicle. As if I pulled over the trailing vehicle, they could justifiably ask why I pulled them, and not the first vehicle, assuming I didn't have any difficulty pulling over either (which would be compounded more if the trailing vehicle was a "hoopty."

Good answer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Apologies to BBI, for the comment referring to a old school cartoon character with poor sight. It was completely lighthearted, and in no way was to be viewed with animosity coming from part.

Kut (got an infraction smackdown)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom