Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This seems to fit many of this countries police forces

Exactly.

I've skimmed about 40 pages of the report, and thus far:

1. FPD sounds like just about any urban police department
    2. There is lots of anecdotal evidence of violation of rights, but thus far, there is no evidence presented that those violations are racially based.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Hey, y'all discussing the ban: can the thread-jacking stop now? Please and thank you. There's a thread dedicated to discussing bans.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    ^^This.

This is starting to sound like the oft-heard comment in a union worksite that the guy working on something can't fix a related problem due to it preventing a guy from another union from doing his job. That is, a plumber can't fit two pipes together, he has to wait for a pipefitter to show up. Ignore the specific jobs, I've never been a union guy, so I don't know specifics.
    VUPDBlue did the job any of us would have done.
    He also made a comment most of us would not have made, for which he's apologized. Again, some will accept the apology, others will not.
    I hope those of you who will not don't live in glass houses. Those stones you're throwing can come back. Again, no threat. Just saying that if you want him/us to be more lenient, don't be upset when you come to us to handle a problem user and we follow your suggestion.

I really hope the glass house isn't aimed at me. I think I've done a pretty good job (with the exception of the cycle comment) of stating my concerns with respect. I know I'm in the minority with my opinion, and I'm fine with that, but you (and other mods) asked, and I'll answer. The fact that you say it's not a threat doesn't help. Just saying.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The fact is that Hornady has been on the mod radar for a very long time due to his constant trolling and general ass hattery. The staff has been mulling a ban for quite some time. The fact that he chose to troll and attack me was coincidental. Had he done the same to another member I would have banned him just the same. I also don't remember when the membership was granted ANY input about how the staff handles bans. You think I was spiteful and the ban should be reversed due to that? I honestly don't care because your input was not formed from ANY of the "closed door" information the staff discusses regarding termination of memberships. You crying about this is similar to the idiots yelling at the cops "why you arresting him, he didn't do nuffin". You have zero idea about any of the things we do when running this site. I am a big boy and I don't need to consult my peers every time something needs done. Hornady was banned because he is a perpetual troll and the staff as a whole was sick of him. At the end of the day, it's OUR call and we owe nobody any explanation, nor do we need to defend our actions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Were they actually written by someone there, received and forwarded or just received? I get tasteless political "joke" emails at times from people I know, that does not mean I am racist. Sadly, there were a lot of racist jokes circulating about the Obamas, especially around the elections.

I heard reported that there were a whopping TWO such emails.

I'm sure police officer's gallows humor gets quite a bit more "blue" than the two examples I've seen. It doesn't make it right, but it certainly doesn't prove widespread racism.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I haven't said the ban was unwarranted. I've said, and continue to say, the person who issued the ban because he was angry was out of line. If he wanted to make it right, he would reverse his decision. If Hornadylnl is such a problem, it wouldn't be long before he gave another opportunity to receive the game.

This doesn't make any sense to me, because he was over the line and should've (and would've) been banned by any of us. So because in your mind VUPDBlue was upset he should ignore the rules and give him a free pass?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The fact is that Hornady has been on the mod radar for a very long time due to his constant trolling and general ass hattery. The staff has been mulling a ban for quite some time. The fact that he chose to troll and attack me was coincidental. Had he done the same to another member I would have banned him just the same. I also don't remember when the membership was granted ANY input about how the staff handles bans. You think I was spiteful and the ban should be reversed due to that? I honestly don't care because your input was not formed from ANY of the "closed door" information the staff discusses regarding termination of memberships. You crying about this is similar to the idiots yelling at the cops "why you arresting him, he didn't do nuffin". You have zero idea about any of the things we do when running this site. I am a big boy and I don't need to consult my peers every time something needs done. Hornady was banned because he is a perpetual troll and the staff as a whole was sick of him. At the end of the day, it's OUR call and we owe nobody any explanation, nor do we need to defend our actions.

:+1:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmmm, what's the name of that other Indiana gun site where banned INGOers and others go to ***** about INGO???

Shooters of Ind? Hoosiers Shooters? uhhh...?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think the idea that numbers may suggest racism among urban police departments is actually reflective of a much bigger and much different issue :twocents:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For anyone interested in actually discussing the thread topic, turn to page 62 of the DOJ report. That's where the discussion on racial disparity of police practices begins.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    How would you suggest I correct the mistake?

Bill of rights asked for input, and I gave it.

You asked how to correct the mistake, and I answered.

At no point, was I crying about anything. I simply replied to questions. If you want me to let it go, them I'll be happy to.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This doesn't make any sense to me, because he was over the line and should've (and would've) been banned by any of us. So because in your mind VUPDBlue was upset he should ignore the rules and give him a free pass?

I'm a little confused. It's obvious vupdblue isn't happy with my input, but you, and others seem to want to hear it. Which way should I go?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I haven't said the ban was unwarranted. I've said, and continue to say, the person who issued the ban because he was angry was out of line. If he wanted to make it right, he would reverse his decision. If Hornadylnl is such a problem, it wouldn't be long before he gave another opportunity to receive the game.

He had many such opportunities. He squandered them all. If you want the ban reversed, that decision will have to come from Fenway, personally.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Huffpo has a collection here. I won't embed, since it's got some racy content

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_RajeEU0AAm9yj.png:large

So there are seven examples included there. I'm sure it was an excellent use of my tax money for someone to comb through tens of thousands of emails, over several years, to find those seven examples.

It also doesn't look out of the ordinary from the similar such dirty laundry that would get aired from just about anywhere else, where there are people foolish enough to use public/work computers for such things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom