• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Decided this thread was suitable enough for this.

Social justice warrior student begs professor to delay exams, because the black students are likely traumatized by the Grand Jury decisions.

No Exam Delay for Oberlin Students 'Traumatized' By Grand Jury Decisions - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Love the professors response. Succinct.

B5ABwHXCEAAyWd0.jpg:large

I'm really hoping the professor wasn't dumb enough to post that. I am I inclined to think this was a joke.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not the response, which is appropriate, but posting a student's email correspondence in public. That's a HUGE no no.

Ah, gotcha. Just looked at it closer, it has the student's Facebook at the bottom right of the pic. I'm guessing she posted it, enraged at his response.

Also, further down the article:

After receiving his professor's response, the student posted the exchange publicly to Facebook, with the message: "TRIGGER WARNING: Violent language regarding an extremely dismissive response from a professor. This is an email exchange I had with my professor this evening. ... We are obviously not preaching to the choir. Professors and administration at Oberlin need to be held accountable for their words and actions and have a responsibility to their students."

Definitely an SJW using phrases like "trigger warning", and describing "No" as "violent language"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not the response, which is appropriate, but posting a student's email correspondence in public. That's a HUGE no no.

From the originally quoted article:
    After receiving his professor's response, the student posted the exchange publicly to Facebook, with the message: "TRIGGER WARNING: Violent language regarding an extremely dismissive response from a professor. This is an email exchange I had with my professor this evening. ... We are obviously not preaching to the choir. Professors and administration at Oberlin need to be held accountable for their words and actions and have a responsibility to their students."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    From the link:
    After receiving his professor's response, the student posted the exchange publicly to Facebook, with the message: "TRIGGER WARNING: Violent language regarding an extremely dismissive response from a professor. This is an email exchange I had with my professor this evening. ...

Someone was hoping to get support via Facebook.......I say she failed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Trauma? Yeah, not buying that. It's just another excuse to give today's liberal youth a free pass. Pull your pants up. Grow up and deal with society's issues. Don't use them as a crutch.

If this fly's I want to use this excuse for a reason to not pay my bills this month. I wonder how that will work out for me? not so well I'm guessing.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ah gotcha. She posted that nonsense on Facebook? This either is really a joke, or she's an idiot.

Her claim of white privilege to be able to study, and the entire premise of her request, both demonstrate conclusively that she is, in fact, an idiot.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This is an email exchange I had with my professor this evening.

I would hardly call that an exchange. She wrote a long, babbling e-mail message, finally got around to asking a question and the professor gave a brief answer.

Calling it an exchange would be like me saying I was hanging out with a table full of hot women this weekend. Well I was at the same bar and on the other side of the bar there was a group of women. In all honesty I did not let anything "hang out" for fear of getting arrested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom