Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That debt has never been paid. The people that were victims of those injustices have long since been dead, and never made whole (nor could it be done) for what they underwent.
    So just how far back do you feel is an acceptable length of time to claim reparations? Should I demand reparations from Italy for what the Romans did to the Germanic tribes? How about the whole Neanderthal vs. Homo Sapien thing? :rolleyes:

ETA: I hadn't read far enough to see you clarify your position. However, on the subject of reparations, even when talking about the original parties involved, what often gets overlooked is that many, if not most of the slaves were sold into slavery by their own people. So should the ones that are stuck on the reparations bit be seeking reparations from their own ancestors?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So just how far back do you feel is an acceptable length of time to claim reparations? Should I demand reparations from Italy for what the Romans did to the Germanic tribes? How about the whole Neanderthal vs. Homo Sapien thing? :rolleyes:

ETA: I hadn't read far enough to see you clarify your position. However, on the subject of reparations, even when talking about the original parties involved, what often gets overlooked is that many, if not most of the slaves were sold into slavery by their own people. So should the ones that are stuck on the reparations bit be seeking reparations from their own ancestors?

The only positive I can draw from this whole ordeal is that due to those who bought slaves many of us are here, now. We all get to enjoy the freedoms this country has to offer. If we were not bought and brought, where would we be. This came to me from a man of color. He was (long passed) a janitor at a facility I serviced the HVAC equipment. His area was in the mechanical section and we had many good discussions about how we saw the world. When he dropped that jewel of wisdom on me it stuck. Because it is true.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only positive I can draw from this whole ordeal is that due to those who bought slaves many of us are here, now. We all get to enjoy the freedoms this country has to offer. If we were not bought and brought, where would we be. This came to me from a man of color. He was (long passed) a janitor at a facility I serviced the HVAC equipment. His area was in the mechanical section and we had many good discussions about how we saw the world. When he dropped that jewel of wisdom on me it stuck. Because it is true.
    Excellent point!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Damage control is already out in force. The Cowardly Mayor Francis Slay has already issued an official statement that the murder wasn't racially motivated, and wasn't associated with any of the Ferguson protests.

(Nevermind that the attack happened in Bevo Mill, which is the heart of the St. Louis Bosnian community, that "protesters" in the area were video-recorded yelling, "Eff the white people! Kill the white people!" shortly before the attack, and that Begic was actually the *second* Bosnian attacked by the thugs that night. Nothing to see here. Move along...)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Damage control is already out in force. The Cowardly Mayor Francis Slay has already issued an official statement that the murder wasn't racially motivated, and wasn't associated with any of the Ferguson protests.

(Nevermind that the attack happened in Bevo Mill, which is the heart of the St. Louis Bosnian community, that "protesters" in the area were video-recorded yelling, "Eff the white people! Kill the white people!" shortly before the attack, and that Begic was actually the *second* Bosnian attacked by the thugs that night. Nothing to see here. Move along...)

Seriously, how is this murdered associated with Ferguson? And most Bosnians are Muslim right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom