Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let's see... disciplining your child (albeit maybe a little harshly) = bad = suspension.
    Beating your fiance'/wife = bad = temporary suspension followed by reinstatement.
    Supporting a criminal and insulting the police = good = no harm, no foul.

Last edited:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Spent the past week in Georgia and after eating a nice Thanksgiving meal Thursday at Ruth's Chris in Atlanta with my wife, newly-minted Cav Scout son and his girlfriend, we stopped at the tomb of MLK. There were no violent protests there - in fact, we were the only ones there besides the security lady - but one could detect the sound of something spinning coming from the middle of the reflecting pool. My guess is that most of the Ferguson trash wouldn't know MLK from NWA. :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    St. Louis Rams players "demonstrate" before game.

St. Louis Police Officers Association condemns Rams? Ferguson gesture | ProFootballTalk

So let me see if I understand this... Players can be penalized for "taunting" another player, but supporting a criminal and figuratively slapping the police in the face in a very public manner is A-OK. :rolleyes: Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that the players that were involved didn't make it through college on their good grades.

When the Rams lived in LA, we would call them "The LA Lambs" because they sucked so bad. :):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

St. Louis Police Officers Association condemns Rams? Ferguson gesture | ProFootballTalk

So let me see if I understand this... Players can be penalized for "taunting" another player, but supporting a criminal and figuratively slapping the police in the face in a very public manner is A-OK. :rolleyes: Just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that the players that were involved didn't make it through college on their good grades.

Personally disgusted by their display but, oh well!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Personally disgusted by their display but, oh well!

One of the players involved said something to the effect of, "People in a high profile position have to be the ones to encourage change." So what kind of change are they encouraging? Encouraging kids to become criminals? Encouraging kids to assault police officers? :scratch:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One of the players involved said something to the effect of, "People in a high profile position have to be the ones to encourage change." ...

The change will happen when we change our spending habits to NOT support those go out of their way to push agendas that we disagree with. Notifying the organizations and advertisers that they will no longer receive your money assists them in understanding much more quickly.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Some look at Ferguson and see a police officer who defended himself after being attacked.
    Others look at Ferguson and see racial injustice extending from the early 1700's until now and into the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some look at Ferguson and see a police officer who defended himself after being attacked.
    Others look at Ferguson and see racial injustice extending from the early 1700's until now and into the future.

That old debt has been paid many times over. It is now a convenient excuse to act out in idiotic fashion with no reason or change in mind.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Apparently, the NFL saves "taunting" penalties for Vontae Davis making motion-less, gesture-less trash talk after a sick pass-defense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1130-Rams-Ferguson-protest_standard_600x400.jpg

:rolleyes: dildos

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh yeah, sports guys sometimes get it right as well.

Charles Barkley...............

Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision

Former NBA star Charles Barkley recently called Ferguson looters "scumbags," praised police officers who work in black neighborhoods, and said he supports the decision made by the grand jury not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the Michael Brown shooting.

Well....... the looters are scumbags........ I agree!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom