• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I would have. His career there was over the minute this incident happened. That is the scary part of my job.... not the criminals. Not the possibility of dying. The thought that my career, my family's safety, my livelihood, could vanish, all based on media's sensationalist coverage. Even having done nothing wrong.

While a very true statement, it's also very sad, when will we run out of those willing to risk their lives, when there are increasingly new ways for them to lose theirs. I wish I had a solution, I do not!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just spotted this:

Mo. governor warns of depleting funds for emergency response - AOL.com

I imagine that will find the money somewhere. No doubt by using funds from other projects that could have benefited the community.

I don't know why but I was reminded of one of my favorite movies. "Escape from New York". I pondered the thought of how cool would it be to let these people that want to live life like thugs have there own community (Watch the movie and you will know what I am talking about). Wall them in. See how long they would survive without help from the real world. Yeah, I know. It's a cruel thought.

As for the Brown Family. I seriously hope that not one red cent is received by them. I am sure Officer Wilson will have a civil suit to deal with. And he will most likely lose. He has lost to much already. I wish Officer Wilson the best of luck in what ever he does.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the sad thing is that her takeaway will be that publishing the cop's address was responsible journalism, but the publishing hers is unreasonable.

Consequences arising from one's actions are a new experience for many!

And the truth, shall set you free.

Will he ever be able to return to a normal life? How long will he have to be in hiding for his and his families safety? How long until all of this blows over? Will he have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life?

The media has spoken.
    All the laws that are made, to attempt to determine guilt and punishment, but who watches the watchers (the media)
    The media is supposed to be a watchdog of the government.
    But who is the watchdog of the media?

And exactly how much civil unrest before UN peacekeeping forces start patrolling US streets???

UN wouldn't last an hour on American soil.

Umm, ever see a UN operation successful without the US as the backbone?
    DD is right.

The parents should be in jail, accounting for the thug that they were responsible for raising.
    They may be.
    Isn't there some news about an assault due to conflict of selling t shirts?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    But who is the watchdog of the media?

The People. And to the 90% of Americans who don't tune in/read the news, the media hears them...

I think they mostly made a show of force and some warning shots.
    Were any [STRIKE]protesters [/STRIKE] rioting vandals shot?

FIFY

Sometimes all it takes is a very small push back. Just don't wait for the Government to do so...they're too busy appeasing the race baiters right now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's really sad that mob rule ended a cops job that was justified in his actions. I can't say if he is a "good" cop or not because I don't know him.
    the city had already bent over to every demand of the mob including allowing part of their city to be torched and destroyed. Yes I said allowed because they could have prevented this!
    so I'm sure they'll pay the brown family big bucks because they'll want to keep the press down. If I lived in that state and city I'd make sure we replaced the mayor, prosecutor and the governor! All pieces of crap in my opinion.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's really sad that mob rule ended a cops job that was justified in his actions. I can't say if he is a "good" cop or not because I don't know him.
    the city had already bent over to every demand of the mob including allowing part of their city to be torched and destroyed. Yes I said allowed because they could have prevented this!
    so I'm sure they'll pay the brown family big bucks because they'll want to keep the press down. If I lived in that state and city I'd make sure we replaced the mayor, prosecutor and the governor! All pieces of crap in my opinion.

These "Officials" are scared to death of the Race Baiters. They should be as the press exists to stir this crap up to end in riots. The authority's run for cover hopping it will all blow over but it never does. It will only get worse in the future.
    It is way past time for those in the Black community to start rectifying this. It is in their hands. There are way too many good people among them to let this activity continue.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    These "Officials" are scared to death of the Race Baiters. They should be as the press exists to stir this crap up to end in riots. The authority's run for cover hopping it will all blow over but it never does. It will only get worse in the future.
    It is way past time for those in the Black community to start rectifying this. It is in their hands. There are way too many good people among them to let this activity continue.

I'm not talking mayhem, but situations like this seem ripe for citizens to step forward. Imagine if 10% of the population of Ferguson had turned out day one or two in support of the community and due process? And vocally told Al and Eric to take a hike? When the citizens hole up and let the government do it, the anarchists and rioters have leave to move in and destroy. And let the media begin their campaigns of distortion.

It's a pattern now. Incident takes place. Local outrage. Then media moves in, followed by the professional race baiters, and the rioters begin to assemble. By the time anyone is paying attention, there is a whole 'narrative' out there, and by contradicting it, you are automatically cast as a racist.

This Ferguson process is corrosive to society. And one has to conclude the media know exactly what they're doing.

Another way to address it is to contact advertisers. IF the people really oppose this stuff in numbers, they will be heard and the media will knock it off.

:twocents:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I know this is the break room, but after reading that last few posts I will risk breaking the rules here at break room….just going to throw this out there when people ask why don't good people stand up…..I would just like to say that, you do know that the cities of this country for the last several decades are Democrat lead right? And could that way of thinking, morals and beliefs led to a higher standard of living…I would say its been a failure. But some good people no matter what are not going to change in those cities. The core problem remains the same….to me this is the root problem, keep trying to fight the bad apples and get them to produce good ones but until the roots are treated its going to have bad fruit. And of course we pretty much know what side the majority of the media is on, shoot they will do anything to get their candidates in office.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom