• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I would have. His career there was over the minute this incident happened. That is the scary part of my job.... not the criminals. Not the possibility of dying. The thought that my career, my family's safety, my livelihood, could vanish, all based on media's sensationalist coverage. Even having done nothing wrong.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Will he ever be able to return to a normal life? How long will he have to be in hiding for his and his families safety? How long until all of this blows over? Will he have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would have. His career there was over the minute this incident happened. That is the scary part of my job.... not the criminals. Not the possibility of dying. The thought that my career, my family's safety, my livelihood, could vanish, all based on media's sensationalist coverage. Even having done nothing wrong.
    One of the FNC talkers (former big city detective IIRC), was worried that it might become the new normal for police officers. If your shoot becomes political, you have to resign even if you did nothing wrong. He said it was pretty clear that he was made to resign by the governor, mayor and police chief.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Will he ever be able to return to a normal life? How long will he have to be in hiding for his and his families safety? How long until all of this blows over? Will he have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life?

Like George Zimmerman, the media will track him as long as possible and try to destroy him.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I hope he struck a deal to get paid. Browns parents will end up getting paid so Wilson should too.

I heard them say a few days ago that he was discussing the "terms of his departure" with the city, so yeah, hopefully they're gonna pay him.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Still freaking ridiculous............. When you go against a protected class you pay the price.
    If you refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple they put you out of business.
    The police of Ferguson (and pretty much everywhere else) should take this into consideration.
    Let the jacked up areas flounder. They made their bed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Still freaking ridiculous............. When you go against a protected class you pay the price.
    If you refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple they put you out of business.
    The police of Ferguson (and pretty much everywhere else) should take this into consideration.
    Let the jacked up areas flounder. They made their bed.

I should be able to rep more often :(

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I hope he struck a deal to get paid. Browns parents will end up getting paid so Wilson should too.

I sure hope Brown's parents don't get paid taxpayer money from the city. Why should a criminals parents, whose shooting was ruled justified, get any money from the city? I'm sure they will get paid by the tabloids, and a made for TV movie, for the rights to their story. Won't that movie be a hoot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Maybe IMPD should offer Officer Wilson a position?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe IMPD should offer Officer Wilson a position?

IMPD, nor any other PD with a bit of sense would make that officer to Wilson. In a world where most PD admins care more about PR, than supporting their officers there's no way they'd want that headache.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If Wilson is smart, he'll lay out a year and then change his name and move.

That's what one of the Rodney King cops did. Have a good LEO friend that went to school with him when he moved to Indianapolis.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I sure hope Brown's parents don't get paid taxpayer money from the city. Why should a criminals parents, whose shooting was ruled justified, get any money from the city? I'm sure they will get paid by the tabloids, and a made for TV movie, for the rights to their story. Won't that movie be a hoot.

I thought the normal SOP is the family sues the city and the city settle. Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom