• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If it was one of the stores that I listed. then they flat out lied to you if they said they haven't gotten any .22LR in the last month. That, or it is someone that doesn't work the shift that ammo is put out and they are just ignorant of the fact. I guarantee you that all the stores listed got the .22LR shown. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Holder and Obama are conspiring to keep 22 ammo out of our hands and now the $8 an hour Walmart sporting goods employees are in on it to?

I wonder how many questions and complaints about ammo availabilty a sporting goods employee has to field in an 8 hour shift. I'd tell you there was a 100 car trainload of it coming tomorrow if it'd get people to leave me alone.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Last 22 I saw was in a cart full of the stock guys trash. I found two boxes at the bottom of his broken down boxes and trash. I was stupid enough by giving a guy a box who was next to me. I thought it was good Karma but haven't seen 22 since. In the same store I found 4 boxes of 9mm in a tool chest that was on display. People are stashing ammo all over the place at Rural King you just need to start opening up every tool box, shoe box, safe, etc.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just say'n, they're lying. I've luckily only experienced this twice, but if an Item shows "in stock" and then "out of stock" 5 hours later. IT WAS IN THE FREAKING STORE SOMEWHERE AT ONE POINT!

Start taking proof in with you. I.E. app screen captures/print it from online. I haven't had to use any of them yet as of late, but sooner or later, I'll run into someone who is trying to pull a fast one, and whip out proof with a smile

I showed them the walmart page that showed it in stock the store computer showed 0 on inventory.

Do you know these associates personally? They have a financial advantage at stake. I have already seen store associates "modify" stock levels. It happens in all retail stores.

Yes the 2 stores that I went to one I personally know the manager the other I know the guy that checked for me and both are personal friends.

If it was one of the stores that I listed. then they flat out lied to you if they said they haven't gotten any .22LR in the last month. That, or it is someone that doesn't work the shift that ammo is put out and they are just ignorant of the fact. I guarantee you that all the stores listed got the .22LR shown. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Not saying they wouldn't but neither one has a reason to lie to me both know me well and neither one of them shoots one of them has a brother that shoots so he is always watching for the shipment and none have come in.

I have been curious about the app and tried it out but have not had any luck with it glad some of you are getting some ammo. I'll just sit on what I have and ride it out just doing other thing this summer other than shooting. My :twocents:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I have been curious about the app and tried it out but have not had any luck with it glad some of you are getting some ammo. I'll just sit on what I have and ride it out just doing other thing this summer other than shooting. My :twocents:

The app has never failed me yet. I bought a little over 17K rounds of .22LR during April and May -- all at Wal-Mart stores. I've also bought a lot of .45 ACP, .308, and .223 at Wal-Marts recently as well.

I'm taking a break from buying any more, so for the last few weeks, I've just been turning my buddies onto ammo when it comes in.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    The app has never failed me yet. I bought a little over 17K rounds of .22LR during April and May -- all at Wal-Mart stores. I've also bought a lot of .45 ACP, .308, and .223 at Wal-Marts recently as well.

I'm taking a break from buying any more, so for the last few weeks, I've just been turning my buddies onto ammo when it comes in.

app?....Iphone or Andriod?

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    .22LR disappears at alarming rate locally , people buy it advertise it on craigslist or local gun shows , want way more then they paid , wonder where its going.. local tractor show a guy had remington golden bullets 525rd brick , it sold for a $100.00 , would not have believed it if it did not sell in front of me...
    walmart locally has been getting a lot , last only minutes though...been lucky to have what i have
    whittaker guns in owensboro ky , right to bear arms in haubstadt *** great people

The hoarders and resellers are the problem. Until everyone quits paying the rediculous prices they are asking the situation will never get better. Had one guy tell me he had 30,000 rounds. My only response to him was "Why?'. To those of you who have vast quantitys, how about giving those of us who would like to take the kids out to shoot a break and either quit buying or share what you have at what you paid,

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The hoarders and resellers are the problem. Until everyone quits paying the rediculous prices they are asking the situation will never get better. Had one guy tell me he had 30,000 rounds. My only response to him was "Why?'. To those of you who have vast quantitys, how about giving those of us who would like to take the kids out to shoot a break and either quit buying or share what you have at what you paid,

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Non sequitur. Marx is talking about redistribution by the government, not some self-control in the ammo buying spasm some folks seem unable to shake.

I have visions of houses chock-full of .22 bricks, with little pathways from room to room, and the owner faithfully dropping by Walmart again to pick up just a few more boxes. In case. At a point the collecting seems a wee bit pathological.

For anyone stockpiling it to use as currency when the SHTF, the rest of us will have trashed our .22s by then, and you'll have to just circulate it among yourselves.

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    and we thank you....geez...in a related story...who cares about 22 long rifle...it is so boring to shoot for me...2500 rounds is more than enough for a lifetime for me...
    I've bought over 17K rounds of .22LR at only Wal-Mart stores in the last two months. The Wal-Marts around here seem to get it in at least one day a week. This morning my local store had a 10-box case of the Winchester 555's, but I'm done with .22LR for the time being, so I didn't even bother. I heard that it sold within minutes, with the first three guys in line getting their 3-box limit and the fourth guy buying the last box. It's coming in regularly - you just have to be there as soon as they bring it out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Non sequitur. Marx is talking about redistribution by the government, not some self-control in the ammo buying spasm some folks seem unable to shake.

I have visions of houses chock-full of .22 bricks, with little pathways from room to room, and the owner faithfully dropping by Walmart again to pick up just a few more boxes. In case. At a point the collecting seems a wee bit pathological.

I have thousands of rounds of 22 and I haven't bought any in probably 4 years. Yet I'm expected to sell it at my cost to those who ignored all warnings to prepare. It's my fault, not theirs. Who's pathelogical?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I got an email today from the Gun Owners of America. The title said "We're Winning on Guns and Amnesty". It sure doesn't feel like we are wining. Ammo is scarce and when you do find it, the price is outrageous. On top of that people keep saying it is all good. Pay the outrageous price its the cost of wining.

Yeah it sure doesn't feel like we are winning. :noway:

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I have searched for this App, but cannot find it. It is as elusivenasmthe ammo itself.

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    I bought a pistol last week because the seller was doing a combo deal with 4 bricks of ammo. Didn't really want the gun but it was the only .22 ammo I've seen this year. Gun range in TN that I visited had some for $10 a box of 50.
    I've found 9, 10, and 40 online for a half way decent price, but not .22.
    What would we do for ammo if this country was invaded?

jmb1031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    Here is an interesting question, how many people who are buying up all of the ammo are actually going out and using it? If people would just buy what they plan on using that month, then everything would get back to where they need to be. If you are truly concerned about defending yourself and property, why stock up on .22? That just doesn't make any sense.

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Compared to gas when the refineries go down, ammo is way higher and not everyone buys ammo but has to have gas. If they're making millions of rounds each day it's not making it to the places I bought before.
    Question is, when it does stabilize, how many rounds will you stock up on?

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Yes sir, it is the profiteers that create and then control the ammo shortage. We gun enthusiasts are our own worst enemies. All for the new God of a new generation - profit & greed.

Amen, brother! It's all downhill from here....

It's everyman for himself - Profit & greed

Politicians - Profit & Greed

Corporations - Profit & Greed

The list is endless....

Top Bottom