• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    It's just interesting how some call people hoarders and some of them are the same that said they stocked up before the election or before the ammo shortage. I have been picking up different ammo at Walmart because you will see another price increase at the end of the quarter. I'm also guessing that the overhead will increase for everyone involved in the manufacturing of ammunition. I just think we shouldn't put a hoarder in the same category as a flipper. I'm guessing we have some closet hoarders. I would call someone like me as an investor. I'm making a decision to buy low and shoot high or I guess on the bullseye. I'm also not the guy buying 22 at 2 or 3 times the cost before panic.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's just interesting how some call people hoarders and some of them are the same that said they stocked up before the election or before the ammo shortage. I have been picking up different ammo at Walmart because you will see another price increase at the end of the quarter. I'm also guessing that the overhead will increase for everyone involved in the manufacturing of ammunition. I just think we shouldn't put a hoarder in the same category as a flipper. I'm guessing we have some closet hoarders. I would call someone like me as an investor. I'm making a decision to buy low and shoot high or I guess on the bullseye. I'm also not the guy buying 22 at 2 or 3 times the cost before panic.

I think those who have $100,000 401k's with only $25,000 of their money invested in it should have to sell them to me for $25,000. Else they're greedy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Are you the government?

No.

It's only greed and profiteering if a guy is selling something for more than he paid if it's something we want. None of us fault a guy for doubling or tripling his investment in stocks or 401k's. Why is it so evil if a guy sees and investment opportunity in ammo and buys some to make a profit? I have bulk pack 22 I paid $12 for. To many here, I'd be a real bastard if I sold it for the $19 price that walmart has on their empty shelf that I couldn't replace it at.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    How many rounds would make you a hoarder with 22?

Maybe 17,000...:dunno:

:xmad:

Why would it be anyone's business if I wanted 1,000,000 rounds of it? If I'm paying for it fair and square, who cares? What if I were to ask why anyone needs more than one firearm? Where does it end?

Everyone crying around about ammo should have been stocked up already, or at least be making a decent effort to be buying it now. I work 40+ hours a week, but can still buy any caliber ammo I'm interested in at least every week or two at Wal-Mart. I use the same resources available to every member on this site. You can use the Wal-Mart app on your phone (I use Android) or you can use the mobile site on your home PC.

I made the mistake of not stocking deep enough before this whole panic, but I'm a smart enough man to learn from my mistakes, and you can darn well bet I won't get caught short ever again. I'll be buying ammunition probably every month for the rest of my life. It isn't going to get any cheaper.

For the record, I sold 7K rounds of that 17K rounds -- FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT. I sold it to friends who needed it, and didn't make one red cent profit on it. I kept the other 10K back for myself:

M-22_10K_Can.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    After the 2008 election, 380 ammo was like 22 is today. Some gun shops were charging $50 for a box of 50 Sellior and Bellot fmj's. I listed 3 boxes of 380 in the classifieds and you'd think I was Bernie Madoff. So I issued this challenge.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/31944-a_challenge_for_you_chance_for_free_ammo.html

Needless to say, nobody won and I still have that same 3 boxes of 380.

Just wait until the run up to the next election. The usual "If (insert democrat presidential candidate here) wins, a gun ban is guaranteed" folks will be posting. And once that democrat wins, they'll be shocked that the panic they worked so hard to incite causes price increases again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It wasn't directed towards you so get your pink frilly panties out of your crack.

And you don't view all "hoarders" the same as the one you directed your comment to? There is nothing in my crack. I have plenty of ammo.

Here's some of what I bought 4 years ago and I haven't shot a damn bit of it.

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

Bushwookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Evansville
    And you don't view all "hoarders" the same as the one you directed your comment to? There is nothing in my crack. I have plenty of ammo.

Here's some of what I bought 4 years ago and I haven't shot a damn bit of it.

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg
    Never said the word "hoarder", was just curious about how much the person shot that has bought the large amount of .22 and you asked what business of mine it was. Is it my business? Maybe not, but it was offered up so I had a basic curious question, if you don't like questions about what you post...then don't post about it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Never said the word "hoarder", was just curious about how much the person shot that has bought the large amount of .22 and you asked what business of mine it was. Is it my business? Maybe not, but it was offered up so I had a basic curious question, if you don't like questions about what you post...then don't post about it.

My apologies. I figured you were one of the "people buy ammo that they don't even shoot" crowd.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Well, let's just say that I own an M16 and see a dedicated rimfire upper in my future. 10K rounds of .22LR on full-auto won't last very long.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've pretty much reconciled myself to the likelihood I just may not shoot much this year. I value my self respect too much to stand in line at Walmart like somebody waiting for government cheese and I'm not going to empty my wallet just to buy ammo.

About 2-3 times a week, I'll scan the Walmart app just to see what's going on. A few weeks ago it seemed to be looking as though things were starting to ease a bit. But over the last couple of weeks, it seems as though Walmart isn't even updating their app's database anymore. At least for the stuff I look for and for the stores the app will show me, everybody is always out of stock.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've pretty much reconciled myself to the likelihood I just may not shoot much this year. I value my self respect too much to stand in line at Walmart like somebody waiting for government cheese and I'm not going to empty my wallet just to buy ammo.

About 2-3 times a week, I'll scan the Walmart app just to see what's going on. A few weeks ago it seemed to be looking as though things were starting to ease a bit. But over the last couple of weeks, it seems as though Walmart isn't even updating their app's database anymore. At least for the stuff I look for and for the stores the app will show me, everybody is always out of stock.

This is what I've always done. I'm not poor by any stretch of the imagination but I never got the point of going to Wallyworld and dropping $20 on a box of 45 to go blow it all away on a piece of paper in one sitting. I can go shoot 10 rounds and apply the savings to a 12 pack of Corona.:rockwoot:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    From talking to a couple of the clerks at the Avon Walmart, the ammo comes in on the truck but is not logged in to the system till later in the evening. The evening shift people put it on the shelves. Usually people are there waiting for it to hit the shelves. Ive been at the Avon store a couple times looking for ammo and have scored 22s and other calibers a few times. They claim the they have no knowledge of what is coming in on the truck so no way for them to know what day to show up to get some. I am sure someone at the store can find that info but I can believe the clerks working the floor may not have access to that data.

id like to have more 22 but after yesterdays time at the range, I need more 9mm than anything else.

Matt

Top Bottom