• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sorta. Do tweets count? I tweet him all the time and he tweets back a lot.

In which picture are you seeing that? Have you spoken with everyone in the room who was there? Are there legal filings from his daughter? Are you now suddenly ok with images allegedly taken out of context? What happened to this being how some families interact?

:):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    donald_ivanka_child_small.jpg

Look at her! Trying to get away and can't!

Oh the humanity!

Can't rep you; but, when I can, I will.

That is a foto that should be in the Biden thread. Printcraft missed that one. I wonder why.......

****in lame boys... ****in lame.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I suppose that's meant to be a veiled insult.

If you want an echo chamber for your own views, where you are the smartest guy in the room, start your own forum....and you'll have to limit membership. Quite a lot, I imagine.

There is room for reasonably divergent views on INGO, even though you might prefer the scent of your own.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

If you want an echo chamber for your own views, where you are the smartest guy in the room, start your own forum....and you'll have to limit membership. Quite a lot, I imagine.

There is room for reasonably divergent views on INGO, even though you might prefer the scent of your own.

I welcome differing viewpoints and the opportunity to discuss them. It's the God complex we can all do without. It must take an incredible lack of self-awareness to see yourself as superior, but to miss the mark on a regular basis.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Sounds as if you've read way too much into what I post. If you've had a chance to read any of the covid-19 threads, you'll see that I admit to a real lack of understanding of the biologic sciences.

But, you aren't talking about biology, I'm sure.

I'd suggest putting me on ignore. It will save you heartburn and I won't need to respond.

5% of the people in the world are VERY very smart. That's 350,00,000. The only one who I know that says he's a natural genius is the president.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sorta. Do tweets count? I tweet him all the time and he tweets back a lot.
    And his daughter is asking him to stop, and saying that he was making her feel uncomfortable? Or are we talking about Tweets that have nothing to do with that which you dislike.

Also, just curious, why are Tweets acceptable but gifs not? Both are usually smaller pieces of a longer event, and your concern was that context was omitted, or that the viewer might only see the damning piece.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

I don't think anyone here is seriously looking for an echo chamber. I want people to be capable, and willing, of having an honest discussion and not trying to deflect or get snippy and question everyone's intellect when they are asked questions that they do not like.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :runaway: Aaaaahhhhgh? Someone on INGO is different from me! Make it stop. MAKE IT STOOOOPPPP?

Or. You could acknowledge that yes, there are some eyebrow raising photos of Trump with his daughter. Not a lot. But enough to make an inquisitive, honest person wonder what was going on. Was it really untoward? We don’t know. Was Trump ****ing his daughter? It would be a giant, TDS style leap to assume so.

Okay, so Biden. He’s a [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] stumbling meme machine. It seems he really does like to feel physical affection from females of all ages. He touched them more intimately than most of them care to be touched. He can’t seem to help it. Is he a pervert? Well, we don’t really know. It would probably be less delusional for an inquisitive, honest person to suspect maybe, but it would be at least a little delusional to assume it.

But face it. We’re not really all that inquisitive, honest, are we. We’re partisan. Our guy is fine, your guy is literally Hitler/Stalin.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think anyone here is seriously looking for an echo chamber. I want people to be capable, and willing, of having an honest discussion and not trying to deflect or get snippy and question everyone's intellect when they are asked questions that they do not like.

There is no body language on the internet. Sometimes a question is viewed in the wrong context...and sometimes the response is.

There aren't that many moderates on the forum and those on the far right tend to make an honest debate among moderates and conservatives difficult. A free-for-all develops and lines in the sand are drawn. I don't know if that can change. I do know there are folks on here that ask honest questions and are looking for an honest response...as opposed to a setup for dissection.

So, if you want a real answer, it would be great if you didn't consider opposing views as "deflection". That just creates more irritation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I asked you if tweets count, I didn't say they were acceptable myself.

And his daughter is asking him to stop, and saying that he was making her feel uncomfortable? Or are we talking about Tweets that have nothing to do with that which you dislike.

Also, just curious, why are Tweets acceptable but gifs not? Both are usually smaller pieces of a longer event, and your concern was that context was omitted, or that the viewer might only see the damning piece.

Neither of us KNOW what was going on in either the videos or the pictures. One of us is willing to use them as evidence. When someone posts a 5 sec phone video of a police office hitting someone when they are on the ground is it evidence of police brutality or will context matter?

As to the bolded part, couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the clarification.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Sounds as if you've read way too much into what I post. If you've had a chance to read any of the covid-19 threads, you'll see that I admit to a real lack of understanding of the biologic sciences.

But, you aren't talking about biology, I'm sure.

I'd suggest putting me on ignore. It will save you heartburn and I won't need to respond.

5% of the people in the world are VERY very smart. That's 350,00,000. The only one who I know that says he's a natural genius is the president.

Smart people don't try to use 350,00,000 as a number.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    How bout Ol Joe was never very sharp to begin with?

Lest we forget his straight out lying about his ranking in school or his rampant plagiarism that derailed his previous attempts at the Oval Office!

Creepy Uncle Joe is just that “creepy” not only touching women also with the ease he lies about easily researched facts.
    Name a political figure that would have not been hemmed up over the “dog faced pony soldier” remark?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I asked you if tweets count, I didn't say they were acceptable myself.
    [snip]

Oh, please; not the Socratic method!

Dude's been dead a lo-o-o-ng time, it only seems to be in favor in the soft (some would say un-) scientific 'disciplines' and its would-be practitioners always forget the part about the student must accept the teacher

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How bout Ol Joe was never very sharp to begin with?

Lest we forget his straight out lying about his ranking in school or his rampant plagiarism that derailed his previous attempts at the Oval Office!

Creepy Uncle Joe is just that “creepy” not only touching women also with the ease he lies about easily researched facts.
    Name a political figure that would have not been hemmed up over the “dog faced pony soldier” remark?

Stolen valor in a chain of command that values credentials over competence. At least the real military tries to assess aptitude, and I think they still have avoided MOSs for diversity officers and special operations panderer, yes?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Socratic method is now asking one question! Things have changed since the 5th C BC!

The average attention span for the notoriously ill-focused goldfish is nine seconds, but according to a new study from Microsoft Corp., people now generally lose concentration after eight seconds, highlighting the affects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain.

Wait what was the discussion talking about?

Oh nevermind by the time someone reads this far its probably already been 8 sec...

Oh, please; not the Socratic method!

Dude's been dead a lo-o-o-ng time, it only seems to be in favor in the soft (some would say un-) scientific 'disciplines' and its would-be practitioners always forget the part about the student must accept the teacher

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Lucy Flores, the person referenced in your video..from her own op-ed.

I’m not suggesting that Biden broke any laws, but the transgressions that society deems minor (or doesn’t even see as transgressions) often feel considerable to the person on the receiving end

But he stopped treating me like a peer the moment he touched me. Even if his behavior wasn’t violent or sexual, it was demeaning and disrespectful. I wasn’t attending the rally as his mentee or even his friend; I was there as the most qualified person for the job.

Is it enough of a transgression if a man touches and kisses you without consent, but doesn’t rise to the level of what most people consider sexual assault? I did what most women do, and moved on with my life and my work.

Kavanaugh was accused of crimes and was defended mightily here by many including you. I too was in the same camp.

Now there is no accusation of a crime in the op-ed referenced in your video, are you suggesting one was committed? Otherwise, we agree he is way too touchy-feely and needs to stop being touchy-feely.

[video=youtube;JRVc63Aj4Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVc63Aj4Hw[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom