• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You guys need to lay off the sex stuff. Trump ****ed a lot of women he wasn't married to. There are court cases that will likely be brought post-presidency against Trump. It doesn't serve you to say you are shocked and still virginal at your age.

What does Biden have? What it always has been: He's not a republican. You cannot understand how bad a taste has been left in the mouths of so many people over the years by greedy mother****ers in the GOP.
    What makes the GOPers any greedier than the Dems?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's why its surprising he made it out of the primary.

In the general, Trump was rewarded with those attributes.

The electoral coalitions that elected Trump will be strained, at least a bit, by a progressive gray haired dude that says incoherent things.

FTFY

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I don't think the Democrats, including Biden, expect Biden to win. Just have to have a candidate, and prepare for 2024.

Is there any actual optimism in the Democrat party for Biden?
    They're optimistic he'll live long enough to see the end of the campaign.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Someone post the "I have no response to that..." meme for Alpo
    You have to give Alpo some credit. It's hard to be a one man show and do all the deflection on uncomfortable topics

Obama?

Your "ownership" comment was not "made up as you went". Sorry. But it is no more than an allegation.
    I mean, you can ignore the memo, and the comments for the former DNC chair if you want, but the facts are the facts. You can go and read the memo, if you so choose.

Biden doesn't need a campaign.

Trump needs a campaign.

DJIA, a sliding GDP and high un-/under-employment. That needs fixing. And a virus cure.
    Remind me what policy positions Biden is running on again?

Well, Trump will either be a hero Nov 1....or bear scat.
    Same could be said for Biden. Or, really, any party nominee for POTUS

You guys need to lay off the sex stuff. Trump ****ed a lot of women he wasn't married to. There are court cases that will likely be brought post-presidency against Trump. It doesn't serve you to say you are shocked and still virginal at your age.

What does Biden have? What it always has been: He's not a republican. You cannot understand how bad a taste has been left in the mouths of so many people over the years by greedy mother****ers in the GOP.
    Again, there is a significant difference between consensual and non-consensual.

So the selling point for Biden isn't that he has a strong policy position, or the necessary experience to lead this country during the darkest times. His qualification is that he is a Democrat.

Here's a challenge Alpo; persuade a theoretical voter to support Biden on his own merits, without referring to Trump or the GOP. Ready, and go!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here's a challenge Alpo; persuade a theoretical voter to support Biden on his own merits, without referring to Trump or the GOP. Ready, and go!

giphy.gif

I'll start:

1. Joe biden knows washington, he's an experienced politician, he's been [STRIKE]suckling on the public teat[/STRIKE] in politics since 1973. That's a record you can count on.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    3. How cool would it be to have a leader who not only dribbles on himself but after every time the National Anthem is played he screams,"Play Ball!"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    4. His nationalized health care will be better able to respond to pandemics.

[Caveat: this would carry no weight with me, but I could see it appealing to many people.]

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/16/us/politics/biden-obama-history.html

"Mr. Biden and his advisers initially thought he might be a better fit as Mr. Obama’s secretary of state, and he bridled at the Obama campaign’s attempt to control his every utterance and personnel move. He exploded when campaign researchers began asking questions about the private life of his family, especially his younger son, Hunter.
    . . .
    At some point, Mr. Biden also told Obama aides that “Barack would never have to worry” about him positioning himself for another presidential run. He was too old, he told them, and he viewed his new job as a capstone, not a catapult.
    . . .
    Still, Mr. Biden’s simmering ambition was a source of unease for both men. Mr. Plouffe shut down an early move made by Mr. Biden as vice president to assemble a presidential team-in-waiting, blocking Mr. Biden’s attempts to court the party’s West Coast fund-raising elite and rejecting an attempt to hire Kevin Sheekey, a veteran Democratic operative.

. . .
    “You don’t have to do this, Joe, you really don’t,” Mr. Obama told Mr. Biden earlier this year, according to a person familiar with the exchange.
    . . .
    He has communicated his frustration that Mr. Biden’s closest advisers are too old and out of touch with the current political climate — urging him to include more younger aides, according to three Democrats with direct knowledge of the discussion."

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    7. JFK would talk about the war years, Regan would talk about he thought was his war years and Biden will talk about Barney the purple dinosaur...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With hopefully a return to the topic (although, the "like my covid like I like my women" was pretty funny), if Trump and Biden effectively are fighting over the same demographic segments (progressives and women are going to have some tough choices), do INGOers think Trump will really have all of the support he had in 2016?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's why its surprising he made it out of the primary.

In the general, Trump was rewarded with those attributes.

The electoral coalitions that elected Trump will be strained, at least a bit, by a progressive gray haired dude that says [STRIKE]nice[/STRIKE] incoherent things.

FIFY... :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I expect a democrat to win because Trump's hill-to-climb appears similar to that of Sysiphus. Whether Joe lives long enough for the nomination might be a question, but I expect a democrat will win this year. It's always the economy. No excuses.

I'm not sure I'd hitch my wagon to that star. If the economy shows even the slightest improvement after this, and before November, then I think there will be a reluctance to "change horses in the middle of the stream".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom