• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True, those guys are playing the long game with him. I'm figuring senate, who would he go after?

Don't know your guys that well, but it doesn't have to be in Indiana, either. Can't see him trying it in the sunbelt, and NY or MD or VA would pit Dem against Dem. Lots of LGBTQ in FL, maybe move and go after Rubio? Or move to PA and go after Toomey

Not sure if that would be easier than going after one of the IN seats, but I gather he's not that popular in IN but could move to another state and re-invent himself

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I thought 'suspend the campaign' was short-hand for 'keep all the money'

They do keep all the money no matter what anyway, although there are FEC rules for its use, none goes to the candidate personally. In this case Booty man will likely keep it to seed his next campaign or donate to the party or candidates that supported him as payback or pay forward...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't know how the matching fund works.

If a mill/billionaire funds his own campaign does the get matching funds from the gullible people that check the presidential fund box on their tax return?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know how the matching fund works.

If a mill/billionaire funds his own campaign does the get matching funds from the gullible people that check the presidential fund box on their tax return?

No.

I don't believe anyone has taken matching funds in a while since there's strings attached.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    We're on page 404 - how appropriate.
    HermanCain404.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Tomorrow will be interesting. Many of the names will remain on the ballots.

I expect Warren to drop out soon. We'll be left with the Unholy Trinity: Joe, Mini-Mike and The Burn.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rush said he thinks they had Barry himself call Pete and Amy personally to drop out with promises of stuff.
    He says the top Dems are really afraid this will be as bad as the losses the Dems suffered in 2010 and 2012.

Maybe they’ve learned from watching Trump in 2016. It’s kind of analogous...in a way. You have that one guy who’s way different than the normal, run of the mill candidates running amongst a bunch of typicals. They want to get rid of Bernie by getting rid of all the “reasonable” vote splitters.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Rush said he thinks they had Barry himself call Pete and Amy personally to drop out with promises of stuff.
    He says the top Dems are really afraid this will be as bad as the losses the Dems suffered in 2010 and 2012.

It's just proof the Dems realize how truly bat**** crazy their voters are, this day in age. They saw it's mathematically possible for someone with 35% support in their own party to become President, and when you throw in the appeal of free stuff, they knew it's a done deal if they don't act now.

They are not afraid Bernie will lose to Trump. The RC poll average currently shows Bernie beating Trump by the same margin as Biden. They are afraid he will win.

It turns out that there really _is_ a Left version of "NeverTrump."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom