Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About Bootyjudge dropping out. He claims they do math in their campaign. :scratch: Oh really? Gay sex + in the white house = hard no. Even in 2020. If they did math in their campaign, the purpose of this run for President couldn’t be about actually winning. I think it was ambitious and after an interim step. Get him on the national stage. He’s a good debater, articulate. Understands the game. But his resume’s highlight is mayor of a podunk town in flyover country. The calculation never could have been to compute the path to the whitehouse in 2020, unless on the coattails of someone else.

On the other hand, he’s the only other candidate with delegates. There’s really no need to drop out now. He could hang on for Super Tuesday. Maybe Schmooze himself into a cabinet role, or even VP. Or. Maybe he already has.

Maybe the DNC has reached out to other “moderate” (not bat**** crazy communists) candidates to get them to bow out in favor of the apparent chosen one, Joe Biden.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    About Bootyjudge dropping out. He claims they do math in their campaign. :scratch: Oh really? Gay sex + in the white house = hard no. Even in 2020. If they did math in their campaign, the purpose of this run for President couldn’t be about actually winning. I think it was ambitious and after an interim step. Get him on the national stage. He’s a good debater, articulate. Understands the game. But his resume’s highlight is mayor of a podunk town in flyover country. The calculation never could have been to compute the path to the whitehouse in 2020, unless on the coattails of someone else.

On the other hand, he’s the only other candidate with delegates. There’s really no need to drop out now. He could hang on for Super Tuesday. Maybe Schmooze himself into a cabinet role, or even VP. Or. Maybe he already has.

Maybe the DNC has reached out to other “moderate” (not bat**** crazy communists) candidates to get them to bow out in favor of the apparent chosen one, Joe Biden.
    You forgot he "made history" as the first openly gay candidate. Every time I hear the story of him dropping out they have to mention that.

He'd probably make a good EU Ambassador.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He rode the Gay wave as far as it would carry his political surf board because that is all he had to ride on. His openly Gay-ness. And that wave crashed on the beach.

He was/is a terrible Mayor. Terrible. He is a spineless worm. His actions and body language when confronted by the issues he himself started with "His" police dept was an open and obvious indicator he had zero spine.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Mayor Pete stayed late enough to get delegates; he bailed early enough to be a viable Veep option (except maybe for Klobuchar, who won't get the nomination anyway).

Four years as heartbeat-away dude, and his career would be set for a long time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mayor Pete stayed late enough to get delegates; he bailed early enough to be a viable Veep option (except maybe for Klobuchar, who won't get the nomination anyway).

Four years as heartbeat-away dude, and his career would be set for a long time.

Yep. For either the moderates or the liberal wing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yep. For either the moderates or the liberal wing.

Over the weekend, I started thinking it'll be Sanders as the nominee. It seems like Trump's coalition in the general - to borrow the phrase - included many people who took him seriously, but not literally. Those people included many democrats. They've been conditioned now to take Sanders seriously, but not literally. They may disagree with a bunch of what he says, but do like the free stuff and tax-the-rich approach. They don't expect to get ALL the free stuff, but if he delivers on just some of it, then they'll feel like they're ahead.

Buttigieg would inject moderation and youth onto the ticket.

Now, I'm not sure Sanders can beat Trump. And, I don't think the polls will really be accurate this cycle, either. It'll come down to how many of the Trump-supporting Dems return home to their party of 2008/2012.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Black.... The "One Drop Rule" is still a pretty strong concept in the United States.
    I have never understood that either. I see on occasion some top black leader, who appears to be whiter than I am. I am not much of an expert on race and racism but most all of us have some mixed up crap in our blood lines, so I just don't understand how some white guy becomes a top leader at the NAACP or another group. What would he know about how blacks are treated if the only way anyone would suspect him of having that drop of black blood in him is if he goes around telling everyone?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have never understood that either. I see on occasion some top black leader, who appears to be whiter than I am. I am not much of an expert on race and racism but most all of us have some mixed up crap in our blood lines, so I just don't understand how some white guy becomes a top leader at the NAACP or another group. What would he know about how blacks are treated if the only way anyone would suspect him of having that drop of black blood in him is if he goes around telling everyone?

At this point in American history, race isn't about race. The idea of "race" is so ambiguous as to have whatever meaning is communally assigned to it. It is like a code word for a laundry list of things.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've wondered how much money Mayor Pete was getting from people like his former employers Cohen and Mckinsey. Wonder if they just shut off the cash and said maybe next time kid.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

They are just profiting from the advantages of being a (fractional) minority - kinda like fauxahontas being part whatever.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    At this point in American history, race isn't about race. The idea of "race" is so ambiguous as to have whatever meaning is communally assigned to it. It is like a code word for a laundry list of things.

Well, yeah. All people, except those of pure southern African descent, have about 2% Neanderthal DNA.
    So, by the one drop rule, most of us are cave men.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It has changed a lot, the rule I mean. It used to be that even if you looked white (light hair/light eyes) but your lineage had some black in it, you were black. If you look at when Black people started being allowed in college (early 20th century), you see lots of faces that don’t “look” black. Today, the rule essentially means “if you look black,” that’s how society will treat you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've wondered how much money Mayor Pete was getting from people like his former employers Cohen and Mckinsey. Wonder if they just shut off the cash and said maybe next time kid.

I'm betting on generous cash and resource support for his house or senate campaign (whichever he thinks he can pull off), maybe a cabinet position. I don't see him bringing enough to any Dem ticket to get the VP nod

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm betting on generous cash and resource support for his house or senate campaign (whichever he thinks he can pull off), maybe a cabinet position. I don't see him bringing enough to any Dem ticket to get the VP nod

True, those guys are playing the long game with him. I'm figuring senate, who would he go after?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom