Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    South Carolina Republican Party, planned an operation chaos to cross over vote for Biden.

They stated that their intention was not to actually prop up Biden, but to protest South Carolina's open primary.

They want closed primaries where only registered party members can vote for their own candidates.

This may explain Biden's good showing there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder how much was poured into Joe's campaign for SC and where it came from. Sheldon Adelson kept Newt's campaign going in 2012 when it was hitting the skids but eventually supported Romney.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So that Steyer dude spent 22 million in S.C. I am not a cheapskate but does that not appear stupid? He spent a estimated $250 million overall for nothing nada nothing. So is this cat spends his own money like that what would he do with taxpayers cash?

So it’s my opinion that education and wealth both are not firm indicators of intelligence or decision making ability. So next up is “mini mike” who is spending like crazy but he is buying favor with his cash. He has targeted Texas like he did Virginia his money is powerful.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So that Steyer dude spent 22 million in S.C. I am not a cheapskate but does that not appear stupid? He spent a estimated $250 million overall for nothing nada nothing. So is this cat spends his own money like that what would he do with taxpayers cash?

So it’s my opinion that education and wealth both are not firm indicators of intelligence or decision making ability. So next up is “mini mike” who is spending like crazy but he is buying favor with his cash. He has targeted Texas like he did Virginia his money is powerful.

I agree they are crazy but not necessarily stupid, they make a hobby of this stuff, get their ego stoked. The $250 million he spent is similar to a middle class family buying a $75,000 boat, RV, etc. The amounts of money are mind bending to us but are small potatoes to them. Look at it anther way, CM, jokes aside, he raised his recognition worldwide among those he wanted to raise it with.

A few years ago Bloomy spent $55 million on the Nevada background check referendum, and I thought that stupid too. If I remember correctly it broke down to an equivalent of a guy winning $50,000 at craps and tipping the dealers a few hundred bucks, not really more than play money in that situation. To us little people it sounds like an astronomical amount but to even a $1.6 billionaire it isn't that great and Bloomy has 15 times that money...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Joe is beginning to look like Walter.

bc3da286dcea50cbe7631b1105a7f747.cf.webp
    MV5BODM5MzExZTQtY2Q1YS00N2JhLWE3ZTItMWVmZjI1MzkxYmNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    South Carolina Republican Party, planned an operation chaos to cross over vote for Biden.

They stated that their intention was not to actually prop up Biden, but to protest South Carolina's open primary.

They want closed primaries where only registered party members can vote for their own candidates.

That would be interesting, but I don't think it explains the result. The Demo establishment is scared ****less by Bernie. Something. Must. Be. Done.

Homophobic chuch-goin' black folk would be my choice, if a conspiracy theory needed to be concocted. Experience seems to show the southern variety of this group is more interested in the history of the civil rights movement, than they are in seeing it expanded to help others.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Saying it like it's a thing-thing. Which some might not want to admit. If Republicans can be excoriated for these views, why should church-goin' blat fotes get a pass?

Also alluding to the oft-observed reality the Demo "Big Tent" contains a few strange bedfellows who sometimes don't agree on all the rules established for the orgy. Like people with penises winning sports titles reserved for girls, and other civil-rights trail-blazers championed by the CA Dem rule-setters.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Someone poke you in the eye with a stick this morning?

While democrats may be more tolerant than repubicans, let's not forget that more than one your favorite sons embarrassed himself and family with his men's bathroom activities.

Weirdness has no party, dude. It's just weird. Always has been.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That possibly explains Biden’s over-performing the polls. He’s been up to ~ 20% ahead of Bernie in the polls. He won by >35%. I don’t think the black vote accounts for the over performance as some have suggested. He seemed to get the percentage of Black vote that the polls predicted. The turnout was pretty impressive. 2/3 of registered voters voted. Because Biden won big, it seems reasonable to suspect that the thing that drove people to the polls in such numbers was to vote for Biden, or, to vote against Sanders.

The latter seemed most likely since many democrats who openly supported a different candidate prior, donated heavily to Biden last minute as Biden seems most able to beat Bernie.

So the better than predicted support for Biden may just be that Democrats have decided Warren, nor Bootyjudge, nor Bloomy, have what it takes to knock Sanders out. Or, it could be that the higher turnout was partly Republicans switching over to vote against Bernie. Or maybe both are somewhat true.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

While democrats may be more tolerant than repubicans, let's not forget that more than one your favorite sons embarrassed himself and family with his men's bathroom activities.

Wait. Democrats more tolerant than Republicans? Dude, just hearing the circle of jerkers say it doesn’t make it true. They actually need to practice it. Since about GWB’s term, democrats haven’t been particularly tolerant of world-views they disagree with.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A couple of caucuses and a northern free-thinking state....and then a more serious, sober, polite southern state.

The results aren't surprising and I believe they portend future support for Biden on Super Tuesday.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Wait. Democrats more tolerant than Republicans? Dude, just hearing the circle of jerkers say it doesn’t make it true. They actually need to practice it. Since about GWB’s term, democrats haven’t been particularly tolerant of world-views they disagree with.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you. Please feel free to extemporize, however.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A couple of caucuses and a northern free-thinking state....and then a more serious, sober, polite southern state.

The results aren't surprising and I believe they portend future support for Biden on Super Tuesday.
    I think that’s true. A lot of the support that Biden lost may have been because they lost faith that he could win. A big win like this could solidify that early support to back him again. I kinda expect that Biden will surge in upcoming polls. But, he needs to stop saying stupid **** if he wants that to happen. I think that’s the reason people dropped support for him in the first place.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012

I am going to go out on a limb here and just assume that there are not many Trump supporters at this "party".

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/br...tle-girl-while-adults-cheer-disturbing-video/

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My own thought process was similar. Bernie has a warm place in the hearts of a lot of democrats because it is believed he is honest in his beliefs and generally looks out for the little guy...even though his solutions aren't necessarily practical. But, when it comes down to it, he's really NOT a democrat. In the event everyone else turned up lame at the 2nd furlong, perhaps Bernie would succeed in the nomination process. But there are still a number of real democrats in the running and they get to step ahead in the line because they are real democrats.

Buttigieg hits the right intellectual buttons for many. He's articulate. He's young. But he married a guy and that will not fly with most democrats. No one I know wants to see a gay married couple in the White House in this decade. Wait til we're dead. If he was a single gay, he'd do much better with us older democrats.

Mini-Mike had a shot. A man with deep pockets who knows Trump intimately and can best his fortune 10 times over. But, he's a terrible debater. Trump might run right over him in a live debate. He's not a confirmed democrat. And, for the 20% of democrats who are gun owners, he's a non-starter.

Klob....a real decent chance at VP methinks. I don't see how she can pull up to the lead sled dog position, however.

Warren: A strident school-marmish academic whom no one really cares for except the people still in her voting bloc.

So, that gets us back to Joe. And most of us would take a half-dead Joe over a live Trump any day.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

They’re way more tolerant. As long as you’re not Christian, not white, don’t wear a maga hat, don’t carry a firearm, and support gay marriage.

Otherwise you’ll get spit on, milkshakes thrown at you, screamed at in restaurants, and punched in the face.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I think the point is they are more tolerant of their own foibles. They themselves can do no wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom