• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Can someone please direct me to the “sane/moderate” wing of the Democratic Party?

Would you like that "to go" or will you be dining in?

1550611553388.jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ...and if during that evaluation it's considered to still be the superior method, then I would be ok with that also.

I agree that it should be reevaluated, because there are some parts of it that are either out of date or were never the cause for concern that the founders thought. One of those things is the delegates as proxies for state representation. It’s never been necessary and it’s usefulness seems to be primarily exploitive to subvert the popular will.

For example, Ron Paul. Remember last time he ran, all he kept saying was that the primaries don’t matter. It’s the delegates that matter. And I understand primary delegates aren’t the same as electoral delegates used in the general election. But it’s the same principle. It seems to me more likely that a clever person could position loyal delegates to sway an election. Long shot for sure, but still more likely than those delegates saving the country from a tyrant. It’s more likely the clever tyrant would use the system to defeat it.

But the part about the electoral college that needs to be preserved is the protection against highly populated regional cultures imposing their will on the whole country. All these blue states adopting the NPVIC would drop it like a used rubber the first time their state electors have go vote for a Republican.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can someone please direct me to the “sane/moderate” wing of the Democratic Party?
    Are you talking about the leaders or the rank and file? Leaders? Gabbard was the DNC chair, for crying out loud. But granted the party leadership is being taken over by the crazies. As far as sane democrats, I’d say Alpo fits in that group. Sure, he’s a bit grumpy, but that’s probably because he’s just old. But still sane. How many like him? A hell of a lot more than you’re estimating.

Disclaimer: I’m not endorsing or defending democrats. It’s just that someone was wrong on the internet and I had to correct them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden makes a gaff? Oh Noes! :runaway::runaway::runaway:
    Still prefer him over the Cheeto messiah.

A gaff? That dude is a gaff machine. He can't put two coherent paragraphs together. Now I'm seeing headlines from places like dailykoz suggesting he has dementia, that he's not playing with a full deck. Trump doesn't have that problem. Trump's problem is that he uses the full deck he has to say and do things many people find distasteful.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A gaff? That dude is a gaff machine. He can't put two coherent paragraphs together. Now I'm seeing headlines from places like dailykoz suggesting he has dementia, that he's not playing with a full deck. Trump doesn't have that problem. Trump's problem is that he uses the full deck he has to say and do things many people find distasteful.
    Not me. I love what he says.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Done and done.

The Democratic Party thread

Go for it gals and guys.

I think because of the rules for that thread are quite restrictive, it's going to be a very lonely place. A small bubble, if you will. I also think the stipulations promote the bubble. Anyone may opine about any of the Trump threads, which often leads to discussion between various points of view. That promotes the thing that's good about free speech. It tends to at least expose different points of view to others' points of view. That's a good thing. But if only democrats can post there about democrat stuff, well, let's just say it probably won't be too busy.

Or maybe that was the point.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think because of the rules for that thread are quite restrictive, it's going to be a very lonely place. A small bubble, if you will. I also think the stipulations promote the bubble. Anyone may opine about any of the Trump threads, which often leads to discussion between various points of view. That promotes the thing that's good about free speech. It tends to at least expose different points of view to others' points of view. That's a good thing. But if only democrats can post there about democrat stuff, well, let's just say it probably won't be too busy.

Or maybe that was the point.

You must be new here. The odds of the OP’s wishes outlasting the first 40 post page is virtually nil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom