The day the earth stood still and America died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierCub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North Central Indiana
    From the above post "dependant will now become even more dependant and their numbers will continue to grow" and my children and grandchildren will have to use a bigger share of their income to support the dependant. No I do not like the way the country is headed.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The Democrat party survived the 2000 and 2004 elections. The Republicans will be back.

But there is a genuine need for introspection as a party.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    And hopefully, the Republicans will realize that it's time to change from Democrat-lite to a clear difference, one that follows the Constitution.

I'm not sure it will happen, though.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    My lottery ticket is more likely to be the jackpot winner than the party coming to the right conclusion.

Bloomberg 2016!

I fear you are probably right, but who knows.

In 2016 with the debt at $20+ trillion, the Democrats may be on the outs. Which will be why the next GOP presidential candidate will make repeal of Roe v. Wade issue #1.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The world didn't end in the last four years. I seriously doubt it is going to end in the next four. Our government has a system of checks and balances and eventually it auto-corrects to keep us generally within the fence posts although the path itself may vary slightly.

The Republicans retain control of the house. The Democrats have control of the Senate. My biggest worry is that obstructionist politics will continue to dominate the next four as they have the last four resulting in not much being accomplished at all.

I think our biggest problem is that we are ruled by politicians, not statesmen. Everyone is too worried about positioning for the next election rather than making decisions that are in the best interest of the country.

In the old days there would be contentious elections, mudslinging campaigns, but when the election was over everyone would shake hands and get back to the business of working together to govern. Now we spend the next four years continuing the acrimony so we enhance our own chance of getting elected next time. We need statesmen, not politicians.

That's my :twocents: :patriot:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think our biggest problem is that we are ruled by politicians, not statesmen.
    Our biggest problem is that we are ruled.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The Democrat party survived the 2000 and 2004 elections. The Republicans will be back.

But there is a genuine need for introspection as a party.

Hopefully, those who are willing to see we are part of a changing county will come to realize our healing will not be found in the Republican Party. A new direction is needed. A direction that will allow people to be who they are without totally conforming to some invisible image of what it is to be an American. It's clear the Republican Party will not be inclusive and the Democrats are too divisive. So, what other options do we have? How about the Libertarian Party?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hopefully, those who are willing to see we are part of a changing county will come to realize our healing will not be found in the Republican Party. A new direction is needed. A direction that will allow people to be who they are without totally conforming to some invisible image of what it is to be an American. It's clear the Republican Party will not be inclusive and the Democrats are too divisive. So, what other options do we have? How about the Libertarian Party?

Libertarians need to have a grass-roots organization. There probably isn't time to do this before 2016.

Of course in the days of social media, it's possible old-style party organizations are increasingly irrelevant.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The world didn't end in the last four years. I seriously doubt it is going to end in the next four. Our government has a system of checks and balances and eventually it auto-corrects to keep us generally within the fence posts although the path itself may vary slightly.

Listen up, buster. It's time to panic, so get with the program! We are all doomed and there is no hope whatsoever! Didn't you get the memo?

I think our biggest problem is that we are ruled by politicians, not statesmen.
    Our biggest problem is that we are ruled.

Look, everyone, an anarchocapitalist! Isn't that cute? Hey there, little guy. Don't be scared. Want a copy of Atlas Shrugged? Do ya? :p

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I fear you are probably right, but who knows.

In 2016 with the debt at $20+ trillion, the Democrats may be on the outs. Which will be why the next GOP presidential candidate will make repeal of Roe v. Wade issue #1.

Do you honestly believe that the debt would be less than $20 trillion in 2016 had Romney won?

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    Obama has been a moderate despite the fears that he was ultra left. I don't see big changes in the next four years. I do see a tax hike across the board. At some point they will have to pay for all they have spent.

Why can't we get a balanced budget act passed? That would force the leaders to really really have convince us to let them spend money.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    It didn't matter who was elected, he wasn't gonna grab the steering wheel and U-turn the country in the right direction. It would take 8 years of above average economic growth to get us back to 2008 levels. The damage is done economically. Just run the numbers and you'll see there's gonna have to be some kinda reset/collapse at some point in the future. Our debt is unsustainable.
    What this election did for me was show exactly how far the American people have allowed themselves to slide. We've gone from being a country where a majority of the people wanted to work and wanted nothing more than the Fedgov to leave them alone to what we are now. The takers are in the majority.The water is coming in faster than we can bail it out.
    I guess we ARE back and to the left.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    Obama has been a moderate despite the fears that he was ultra left. I don't see big changes in the next four years. I do see a tax hike across the board. At some point they will have to pay for all they have spent.

Why can't we get a balanced budget act passed? That would force the leaders to really really have convince us to let them spend money.

Because the Senate won't even vote on a budget?

They don't have respect for the Constitution, which ought to constrain them. There shouldn't need to be anything to force them; it ought to come from within as part of their duty. A budget is part of their duty.

I fear they don't know what duty, honor, or dignity are in Washington.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    It didn't matter who was elected, he wasn't gonna grab the steering wheel and U-turn the country in the right direction. It would take 8 years of above average economic growth to get us back to 2008 levels. The damage is done economically. Just run the numbers and you'll see there's gonna have to be some kinda reset/collapse at some point in the future. Our debt is unsustainable.

Yes, just run the numbers. Perhaps you'd like to break it down for us. Explain how a reset/collapse is inevitable. While you're at it, perhaps you could explain precisely what you mean by "reset" in this context. :popcorn:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It amuses me that some people think America will stand forever. A cancer was identified and allowed to remain. Call the hospice team, stat.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Bill O'Reilly said it best when he said that we have too many people in this country that are holding their hands out and will vote for whoever thinks they will give them something instead of voting for what is best for the country as a whole.

Top Bottom