The day the earth stood still and America died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Again, and I ask everyone....... what will it take to win against this kind of stuff?

Really...... What will it take? How does that reset?

Historically once a country reaches the tipping point where not enough people work to support those who will not it eventually goes over a fiscal cliff and can no longer afford to defend itself against outside aggression. That is why Rome was sacked numerous times towards the end. Judging how close we are to that point it difficult as obviously there are not great amounts of data to go by. We seem to be in a very bad place but it might linger on in a slow downward spiral for decades. Look at Detroit.

There will be plenty of vultures circling the carcass. The US still has abundant natural resources and someone will try to exploit them at some point.

For me the disappointing thing about yesterday was that it finally beat into my thick head that the majority of voters like Obama, his policies, and the results of that leadership.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If I am to find a silver lining, perhaps Obama had to be re-elected for the nation to save itself. Like letting the drunk have one last shot of Jack. If you don't, he'll stagger home and sleep it off. If you do, he might just realize that he has a serious problem.

The country already has a serious problem and they just. don't. care.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If Libertarians would focus on the real issues like size and role of government instead of gay marriage and legalizing drugs maybe they could actually have some relevance.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh, you've been heard and I agree with a lot of it.

Do you really think combating a demographic shift this country has seen is even possible at this point. I voted for Johnson, what do you think.

How do you combat the numbers? I voted for Johnson, what do you think.

Really, What message is going to reach the people voting with their hand out? I voted for Johnson, what do you think.

I've been saying for 4 years that this can't be salvaged only to be met with "we have to vote for the lesser of 2 evils to give us a chance". I don't think it can be saved. I've said here many times that there is a cancer among us and everyone seems to think that we can live with it. I've said it has to be eradicated.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    The country already has a serious problem and they just. don't. care.

Last night's vote makes clear that a majority does NOT realize the problem. Until they focus more on their nation, and less on Jersey Shore; more on their children, less on their EBT card; more on . . . . Oh ****, I don't know.

Until we get the big money out of politics -- the money that drives the narrative of black vs. white, rich vs. poor, that arranges sweetheart deals for political donors and drives regulatory schemes that are so complex only the largest and best connected corporations can navigate them, that funds unaccountable super-PACs, we won't make progress.

We need, IMO, to get rid of the fiction that a legal entity, like a corporation, is a "person" for purposes of free speech. Only individuals should be allowed to contribute to political causes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah and so did 1,012,617 (1%) of the others. So how did that work out for the country?

Let me try the blue crayon this time. I knew my vote wasn't going to make a difference. Just like yours didn't and just like the Obama voter's didn't. I've only been saying that for years now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The Lifeline ("obamaphone") program was initiated in 1984 and expanded under Bush.

Don't bother. These guys aren't interested in the facts.

..and you are missing the point. It doesn't matter a hill of beans WHO started it, it matters who the population BELIEVES is giving them the freebies. The "Right" didn't start calling it an "ObamaPhone", a Liberal woman who was interviewed on video spread that word..

She is indicative of what was stated above. People are now voting for who they BELIEVE will give them "free stuff".

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Quote Unless something changes overnight this country is doomed, that's a fact. unquote

I should have said - Unless something changes overnight this country [as we have known it] is doomed, that's a fact.

As Obama has said "after the election I will have more leeway" because he will no longer have to pretend, just to get re-elected. He is now free to do as he pleases in these last four years even by executive order if necessary. He doesn't need the House to get anything done and the Senate is in his pocket big time now. And soon the Supreme Court.

Criticise me all you want, that's the danger in me speaking out BUT! This will come to pass.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Let me try the blue crayon this time. I knew my vote wasn't going to make a difference. Just like yours didn't and just like the Obama voter's didn't. I've only been saying that for years now.

My next door neighbors.....like many others.....don't vote. Though they give the same excuse that their votes don't matter.

Which begs the question, why did you even bother to vote?

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    True, one vote may not matter to the outcome. But if we don't vote, even when our cause seems lost, we embolden our electoral opponents and increase the sense that their desired outcome is inevitable. A vote matters as a statement of opinion, not only for result.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Really, What message is going to reach the people voting with their hand out?

THIS is why we are past the point of no return. Obama, Romney, Paul, Johnson, no one can change the direction we are on. If Romney lost running as a center right moderate, how in the world could someone like a Paul OR Johnson even have a remote chance.....:n00b: think about it.

It's been grand.....:patriot:

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Politics_zps778c88b6.jpg

:):

Some of you really need to get over yourselves, and get some perspective in life.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Quote Unless something changes overnight this country is doomed, that's a fact. unquote

I should have said - Unless something changes overnight this country [as we have known it] is doomed, that's a fact.

As Obama has said "after the election I will have more leeway" because he will no longer have to pretend, just to get re-elected. He is now free to do as he pleases in these last four years even by executive order if necessary. He doesn't need the House to get anything done and the Senate is in his pocket big time now. And soon the Supreme Court.

Criticise me all you want, that's the danger in me speaking out BUT! This will come to pass.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is a post, but does it mean anything or is it just another incomprehensible meltdown from a member of the religious ultraright? Please explain how America died.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a great movie though. I'm with you there! :yesway:

You guys could save a lot of work by just bumping the doomsday threads from 4 years ago back to the top.

I expected we'd all be eating cold rice while squatting on dirt floors by now. The guy who was only a tiny bit different from the other guy won then too.

Listen up, buster. It's time to panic, so get with the program! We are all doomed and there is no hope whatsoever! Didn't you get the memo?

Look, everyone, an anarchocapitalist! Isn't that cute? Hey there, little guy. Don't be scared. Want a copy of Atlas Shrugged? Do ya? :p

I love it. Out of reps for you both.

Top Bottom