The day the earth stood still and America died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Actually I don't or didn't, I just see it used here on this forum and you seemed to fit it.
    To criticize something that you have not seen and know nothing about seems strange though.
    You seem to be an Obama supporter I take it, well enjoy the next four years.

How cute. But you're wrong. Not an Obama supporter (that is why I didn't vote for him or Romney...since they're very similar pieces of :poop:). I will enjoy the next four years watching the diehard Rs parading conspiracy theories while looking like nutjobs and I'll also enjoy watching the pimping of another weak candidate for 2016.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I remember people being absolutely convinced the world was about to end when Clinton was elected. When he was reelected people went bonkers with the end of the country rhetoric. Survivalism was at an all time high as was the militia movement.

I've never bought into the whole "the country is going to collapse in the next 4 years" excitement that comes around every time a Democrat is elected... or reelected.

However, this time I have that uneasy feeling that things are worse than they ever have been before in terms of not only our own economy but the global economy. Never in my life have we seen deficits in the double digit TRILLIONS before. We've never seen the world struggling economically like has has been for years now.

With Obama being the absolute worst President in history regarding his adding unimaginable debt to our books... and given the current state of things globally... I too am starting to look more like chicken little.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I remember people being absolutely convinced the world was about to end when Clinton was elected. When he was reelected people went bonkers with the end of the country rhetoric. Survivalism was at an all time high as was the militia movement.

I've never bought into the whole "the country is going to collapse in the next 4 years" excitement that comes around every time a Democrat is elected... or reelected.

However, this time I have that uneasy feeling that things are worse than they ever have been before in terms of not only our own economy but the global economy. Never in my life have we seen deficits in the double digit TRILLIONS before. We've never seen the world struggling economically like has has been for years now.

With Obama being the absolute worst President in history regarding his adding unimaginable debt to our books... and given the current state of things globally... I too am starting to look more like chicken little.

Maybe that's because Obama (as we know him) is the first communist that has ever been elected to the Presidency of the United States.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Before we sink any deeper into debt ....

.... get yourself OUT of debt. America is on its way to becoming another domino in the array of nations set to topple into a muslim caliphate run by morons, mullahs and madmen. But first our guns must go. Yet even there I see hope. Petraus would risk his career for a piece of fluff, showing that he has human weakness and has yielded to temptation. His going contrary to the Uniform Code gives me hope that those young men, strange to our neighborhoods, wearing blue helmets, might also have similar sensibilities about disobeying orders concerning folks whose guns they are supposed to confiscate -- especially when a few of them have felt ØØ-bucksalt in the street outside warriors' houses. It might be enough to delay a gun takeover, I hope. Where can I get a copy of the U.N.'s UCMJ ?

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Look, conservitives are fighting both parties for some assemblance of financial sanity and losing. No one in the Republican leadership seems to want to be conservitive except maybe the newly elected and their fighting against a brick wall it seems.

I was a precinct commiteeman for about two decades and the commiteeman pick the candidates that the party will support. It is sometimes dictated by the party leaders though depending on who the candidate is. That's why Romney kept coming out on top (I beleive). But frankly the voters pick the candidate in the primarys and the national convention so anything can happen (remember Lugar). Ron Paul couldn't get enough traction. I liked him but my wife didn't, she thought he was too radical????

The Democrates want to spend more than even the Republicans have and Obama (as he is known to us) wants to destroy the whole country because he is a communist just like his father was and that's what puzzles me. Are the Democrat leadership all communist too? Or do they think they are just using Obama for their own gains? I just don't know.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You're not dead until you stop breathing.

Amerika hasn't given its last exhalation yet, and resuscitation may save us, if we hurry. INGO must careful of what its members can post, but we do know that our opposition will not stop until we are each converted, or all of us are dead, or all of them are dead. That " ... all of them ... " means every last one of them on the whole planet. This idiocy began many centuries ago in some dank cave somewhere, and that may be where it ends: down to the last man on the one side or on the other. They hate our country and our success because they hate the God Who gave us our Rights. They have an impossible job of converting us in this country -- that is, until we are out-numbered and out-gunned in the true meaning of the words. How many of us will join together in that battle? You have everything to lose. Is there ANYONE who does not realize that this IS a religious war? Much better to wage those OUTSIDE OUR BORDERS. You'll have to choose sides eventually. Calling Christians "names" because you are "atheist" or whatever won't hack it when that scimitar demands that you convert ! ! ! Bend your knees now, or be forced down to your knees later -- it's your choice. Opposite of "ultra-right" is "ultra-wrong." YMMV [[11/17, 18:00, seems that the thread hit the wall of Truth and stopped. ]]
    ... member of the religious ultraright? Please explain how America died. The Day the Earth Stood Still is a great movie though. I'm with you there! :yesway:

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Amerika hasn't given its last exhalation yet, and resuscitation may save us, if we hurry. INGO must careful of what its members can post, but we do know that our opposition will not stop until we are each converted, or all of us are dead, or all of them are dead. That " ... all of them ... " means every last one of them on the whole planet. This idiocy began many centuries ago in some dank cave somewhere, and that may be where it ends: down to the last man one one side or the other. They hate our country and our success because they hate the God Who gave us our Rights. They have an impossible job of converting us in this country -- that is, until we are out-numbered and out-gunned in the true meaning of the words. How many of us will join together in that battle? You have everything to lose. Is there ANYONE who does not realize that this IS a religious war? Much better to wage those OUTSIDE OUR BORDERS. You'll have to choose sides eventually. Calling Christians "names" because you are "atheist" or whatever won't hack it when that scimitar demands that you convert ! ! ! Bend your knees now, or be forced down to your knees later -- it's your choice. Opposite of "ultra-right" is "ultra-wrong." YMMV [[11/17, 18:00, seems that the thread hit the wall of Truth and stopped. ]]

orlybaby.gif

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy

I often see posts railing against the national debt, and not being an economist or financial expert, I never understood what the big deal is. It just doesn't seem like something I have one iota of control over, other than voting every couple of years.

This helped explain it to me a little:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57506201/national-debt-passes-$16-trillion-should-you-worry

As I understand it, the ratio of debt to gross domestic product (GDP) is what is important, not raw numbers without perspective. (OMG, $16 trillion!) To make it more personal to me, I consider that being $200,000 in debt would be more of a worry to me if I were making $30k a year, vs. if I were making $100k a year.

Some people are just anti-debt, period, and I understand that. But for the large majority of us in our personal lives, I think some debt is a reality. (Mortgage, school loans, cars, etc.) It's not necessarily a bad thing, if managed properly.

While the national debt should certainly be a concern, from everything that I've read on the history, it just doesn't seem to be something that I should constantly be worried about. Economies ebb and flow, and so also do the balance sheets.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Amerika hasn't given its last exhalation yet, and resuscitation may save us, if we hurry. INGO must careful of what its members can post, but we do know that our opposition will not stop until we are each converted, or all of us are dead, or all of them are dead. That " ... all of them ... " means every last one of them on the whole planet. This idiocy began many centuries ago in some dank cave somewhere, and that may be where it ends: down to the last man one one side or the other. They hate our country and our success because they hate the God Who gave us our Rights. They have an impossible job of converting us in this country -- that is, until we are out-numbered and out-gunned in the true meaning of the words. How many of us will join together in that battle? You have everything to lose. Is there ANYONE who does not realize that this IS a religious war? Much better to wage those OUTSIDE OUR BORDERS. You'll have to choose sides eventually. Calling Christians "names" because you are "atheist" or whatever won't hack it when that scimitar demands that you convert ! ! ! Bend your knees now, or be forced down to your knees later -- it's your choice. Opposite of "ultra-right" is "ultra-wrong." YMMV [[11/17, 18:00, seems that the thread hit the wall of Truth and stopped. ]]

TheDeepEnd_zpsfbad3ed8.jpg

Top Bottom