The day the earth stood still and America died.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Back and to the left.....

196386_192994727404703_6017128_n.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, all the talk about this election being about who is going to give out the free goodies. I haven't seen anyone ask, and I'm certainly hoping that the RNC is asking this: What happened to the 2.5 million more votes that McCain got over Romney? Did they stay home or switch over to Obama? Not likely they switched to Obama because he lost 10 million votes from last election. So did they stay home because Romney didn't promise those 2.5 million people as much free stuff as Obama?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Again, all the talk about this election being about who is going to give out the free goodies. I haven't seen anyone ask, and I'm certainly hoping that the RNC is asking this: What happened to the 2.5 million more votes that McCain got over Romney? Did they stay home or switch over to Obama? Not likely they switched to Obama because he lost 10 million votes from last election. So did they stay home because Romney didn't promise those 2.5 million people as much free stuff as Obama?
    Very good point sir

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Yeah and so did 1,012,617 (1%) of the others. So how did that work out for the country?

Obama received 60,481,241 votes.

Romney received 57,678,067 votes.

Everybody else received 1,879,748 votes.

Had everyone who did not vote for Obama voted for any one person Obama would have still won. By over 7 million last time, almost 1 million this time.

I pause to think of the poor people who voted for the lesser evil. They chose evil and they still lost.

Romney lost because the stuff he promised didn't appeal to as many people as the stuff Obama promised. And there's no point in pretending that Republicans don't have their hands out. They just want different stuff. In the end it all represents money from the public pocket.

We're bankrupt. We can't afford Republican sacred cows any more than we can afford Democrat sacred cows.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I feel very disillusioned right now. The sheeple are bleating with joy, and the rest of us are arguing amongst ourselves. I have never loved this country more in my life, but I feel like an outcast. I am not a Christian, I am not an Atheist. I am not a Democrat, I'm not a Republican. I don't want a lable. I just want some solidarity. I'm so tired of all the arguing and finger-pointing. INGO is a wonderful example of some of the free thinking minds that still exist in this country, and we are so divided it's pitiful.

I don't see this as an end. But I do see 4 more years of irreversible damage to our nation...similar to the irreversible damages suffered by a person deprived of oxygen for too long. My eyes have not been open for very long. My values have rapidly evolved and varied in less than 2 years and I can say I am proud of the person I am today. But I feel like I've come late to a party that's already over. Where do we go from here?

Well said, it takes a lot to open ones eyes. I went through a similar epiphany during the Jimmy Carter years, but fortunately others wiser than I elected Reagan and I was able to see the difference.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Obama received 60,481,241 votes.

Romney received 57,678,067 votes.

Everybody else received 1,879,748 votes.

Romney lost because the stuff he promised didn't appeal to as many people as the stuff Obama promised. And there's no point in pretending that Republicans don't have their hands out. They just want different stuff. In the end it all represents money from the public pocket.

Romney was wrong when he said 47% of Americans are either on the government dole or want to be. The number is actually 52%.

More than 40 million people get food stamps, an increase of nearly 50% during the economic downturn, according to government data through May. The program has grown steadily for three years, just think of where it will be in another 4 years.

It will be impossible to elect anyone who wants to be fiscally responsible. The "dependent class" will not allow it to happen.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    It will be impossible to elect anyone who wants to be fiscally responsible. The "dependent class" will not allow it to happen.

As a long time libertarian and LP voter I wholeheartedly agree. The way I see it the dependent class includes most Republicans. They may not be on welfare, but they still want to spend other people's money like it's going out of style.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My Horning vote would not have gone to Mourdock had Horning not been an option. I left several races on my ballot blank.

Spec4, Mourdock winning would not have given the repubs the majority in the senate. So how exactly is the minority party going to block Obama's scotus nominees? They could do what the dems do and filibuster but the repubs have proven time and again that they don't have the balls to do so. So what's your next option?

Understood, but every bit helps. We could be stuck with Donnelly for decades.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is

maybe it was all the Ron Paul supporters who, after getting the shaft from the GOP, said f*ck it. :dunno:

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I have 4 American flags in my house and one on the front porch, for at least the next 4 yrs they are and will remain upside down.:(

Anybody got a problem with that ?

Top Bottom