• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I use something I discovered when I was working on racing engines. It is a red moly that is slick as anything and has some body. I started using it on my stainless 1911's and they loved it. Now I use it on the slides of any semi-auto I have or work on.

Permatex engine assembly lube. Sounds crazy but it is the best slide lube I have found. Slides run like silk on it.

Good deal. I believe I've got some of that stuff floating around at work, my "boss" builds race engines and he's been experiencing with all kinds of new products. New stuff coming out every day it seems... I'll see about doing some experimenting.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Turns out The Outdoorsman was able to get me one of the left-hand .22 LR 452's that came into the country, allowing me to cancel the one set to ship out from Impact Guns at the end of the month. I'll always go with a local dealer if I can and someone else will be happy it's available online. I can recommend those guys; CZ told me they can order direct which can save a few bucks in some cases.

I know this is the Handguns sub-forum, but CZ makes damn fine long guns, too. This is one beautiful, elegant rifle. It's built much more like a big-bore rifle than a rimfire. If I can get a scope and mount worthy of it in time, I'll bring it on the 11th (it has no iron sights).

Last edited:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Turns out The Outdoorsman was able to get me one of the left-hand .22 LR 452's that came into the country, allowing me to cancel the one set to ship out from Impact Guns at the end of the month. I'll always go with a local dealer if I can and someone else will be happy it's available online. I can recommend those guys; CZ told me they can order direct which can save a few bucks in some cases.

I know this is the Handguns sub-forum, but CZ makes damn fine long guns, too. This is one beautiful, elegant rifle. It's built much more like a big-bore rifle than a rimfire. If I can get a scope and mount worthy of it in time, I'll bring it on the 11th (it has no iron sights).
    That would be cool would love to see one of there rifles! And just send me down another path of addiction! LOL.psyko

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Evening T-Dogg . . . shopping?
    Hi Greg! I'm always shopping. Birds got me looking at CZs on GunBroker now. Its all his fault. I even registered on there yesterday. I'm slightly concerned........haha not really.....more like excited!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    We got two or three threads going here on CZ's. Seen people talking about Rami's. I know wtburnette is about to pick one up next week. So I thought I would just throw this out there. I love my Rami from CGW. One small hitch. The standard magazine comes with a base plate that only allows two fingers to grip.

Solution you can buy a Pearce grip PG-XD (Pearce grip for XD 9mm) and mod it yourself, so you can get all three fingers on the grip.

attachment.php

Here is a video showing you what to do.

https://youtu.be/VdlPoRw_oJU

Or you can buy one already modified from a guy on eBay. I have one, he does decent work, if you took your time you can do better yourself.

CZ 2075 Rami Grip Extension | eBay

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just remembered I have a very nice old Japanese-made RWS scope on a German Diana airgun that might work beautifully on the 452. It might even have the same tip-off mount. Hope so; I'd like to bring it on the 11th.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    We got two or three threads going here on CZ's. Seen people talking about Rami's. I know wtburnette is about to pick one up next week. So I thought I would just throw this out there. I love my Rami from CGW. One small hitch. The standard magazine comes with a base plate that only allows two fingers to grip.

Solution you can buy a Pearce grip PG-XD (Pearce grip for XD 9mm) and mod it yourself, so you can get all three fingers on the grip.

attachment.php

Or you can buy one already modified from a guy on eBay. I have one, he does decent work, if you took your time you can do better yourself.

Thanks on the info, just ordered one.psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

attachment.php

Thanks for the great info TopDog!

That is a good deal. I think the P-09 and P-07 are the most underrated polymer guns available today. Especially with all the goodies just cant be beat!

Yep, that is a great price on that P-09. I agree with you that the P-09 is a great gun, especially with the CGW upgrades. First time I ever put several rounds through the same hole was trying out TopDog's Cajunized P-09 over at ITP. Awesome :rockwoot:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How does the width of the grip on the 97b compare to the 75? And do you know if the aftermarket aluminum grips make it more user friendly for those with average sized hands?
    I held a 97B earlier this year (if I remember correctly) and while I don't recall how the width compared to the 75 model, I do remember the factory aluminum grips that came on it (newer model 97B) were very very thin. Someone else could chime in on the width comparison.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just ordered a few things from GregCoteLLC:
    MecGar 19rd mag
    Rami 10rd mag
    SP-01 baseplate (makes a fullsize 16rd mag sit flush in a Compact)
    Metal baseplate (to replace the plastic baseplate on the Rami 14rd mag, along with removing the spacer/sleeve it will allow this mag to work in the Compact)
    Found out while this works, when used in a Compact the front of the baseplate sticks out a mile. Comparing the Compact baseplate to the fullsize, it appears the Compact plates are modified fullsize ones that are ground down and radiused to match the profile of the grip area.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

attachment.php

There is also a guy who sells these already modified. He can be found on the CZ Forum. WWW.czfirearms.org.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom