Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    On another note, llh told me that you guys agree that Beauty was painted with a substandard paint and will need to be refinished. I guess that gun is turning into a money pit. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. I still like it for what it is.

I guess maybe I will get to meet Allen in the near future. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On another note, llh told me that you guys agree that Beauty was painted with a substandard paint and will need to be refinished. I guess that gun is turning into a money pit. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. I still like it for what it is.

I guess maybe I will get to meet Allen in the near future. ;)

There are good things on the horizon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If money wasn't so tight right now I would take both of those "sub-caliber" guns off your hands.

The 40 is close to acceptable. Ballistics are sweet on it.

Not really an issue on the 9mm just do not want another one which actually saved me from dropping way to much on that Bi-tone in the classy's last week.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Okay, so after all of this talk on INGO, I picked up a 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow online, should be here next week. Yes, I am buying it, having never held one, but I doubt I'll be disappointed from what I have read on INGO. I wanted a metal framed 9mm and it was down to this or the 226. Also, as I am set with polymer 9s for carry or defense, I decided this one will be dedicated to target/competition. I haven't shot competitively, yet, but I am practicing and setting up to do so. I am having trouble sorting through all of the nuances and differences of each CZ model in order to determine what my options are.

I think I've got a basic understanding, but can you guys recommend what upgrades can be done on the SP-01 Shadow that improve it's function while keeping it in SSP or production classes for competition? Who to do them locally as well? I could send it to CGW or CZ Custom, but they both seem uber busy. What magazines should I look at, mag extensions, etc?

Again, don't think me entirely lazy,... I've read through a fair amount of these, or similar threads, and I am having difficulty sorting my information based upon CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow and not the other variations.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Craiger -

This is where I started. Give it a look, and I'm sure some of the other guys will be along shortly to help guide you: cajungunworks

Speaking of which... llh1956, if you see this... I got a FedEx box delivered to the house today. This is my happy dance!! :banana:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, so after all of this talk on INGO, I picked up a 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow online, should be here next week. Yes, I am buying it, having never held one, but I doubt I'll be disappointed from what I have read on INGO. I wanted a metal framed 9mm and it was down to this or the 226. Also, as I am set with polymer 9s for carry or defense, I decided this one will be dedicated to target/competition. I haven't shot competitively, yet, but I am practicing and setting up to do so. I am having trouble sorting through all of the nuances and differences of each CZ model in order to determine what my options are.

I think I've got a basic understanding, but can you guys recommend what upgrades can be done on the SP-01 Shadow that improve it's function while keeping it in SSP or production classes for competition? Who to do them locally as well? I could send it to CGW or CZ Custom, but they both seem uber busy. What magazines should I look at, mag extensions, etc?

Again, don't think me entirely lazy,... I've read through a fair amount of these, or similar threads, and I am having difficulty sorting my information based upon CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow and not the other variations.

Another member of the infected! Welcome brother :)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

:popcorn: Prepare to be deluged...

And welcome to the club.:koolaid:

The Kool Aid is sweet

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

You can order all your parts and llh1956 can put them in for you a lot quicker and does a fantastic job!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just got confirmation from my spousal unit, I will be there with you guys on the 11th. I have the whole day wide open :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom