Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've not messed with the bullet feeder or the auto drive, but they have great reviews from those who use them.

[video=youtube_share;54JwCAuMKVI]http://youtu.be/54JwCAuMKVI[/video]

I will eventually add the bullet feeder to mine, but I don't think I'll ever load so much to pay the $1000 for the automation.

Thanks for the info, that's great! I could see the bullet feeder being worthwhile for me in time savings. I have NO time for reloading right now and automating it would make me more apt to get into reloading.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    If you have the case feeder, and a enough primer tubes to load them all ahead of time, 800 is quite achievable. With a automatic bullet feeder, 1200. :rockwoot:

My 650 is very efficient. It does what I wanted, which is make more ammo than I can shoot and do it in as little time as possible. It takes me about 25-30 minutes for me to set up the tool plate, confirm the powder throw, confirm consistent oal, taper crimp, etc. After that, an 800 per hour rate is very easy. The part that slows me down is that I run out of filled primer pickup tubes and lubed cases. One afternoon, I had mine tuned up and ready, I looked at the clock and it said 4:03 PM and it was only 4:09 when I had hit my first hundred loads.

I haven't fully figured out what loads I like to shoot yet, so I only load 400 or so at most per session between making changes of cases, bullets, etc.

I've added more primer pickup tubes, a 9mm caliber change, and a few more toolheads this week. I'm experimenting with setting up multiple tool heads with dies even for the same caliber. That way you can leave the tool head setup and switch back and forth with no adjustments between loads of the same caliber.

Need to load some 9mm for my shadow once I get the 650 converted. Wasted my time on that HK trigger yesterday.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    My 650 is very efficient. It does what I wanted, which is make more ammo than I can shoot and do it in as little time as possible. It takes me about 25-30 minutes for me to set up the tool plate, confirm the powder throw, confirm consistent oal, taper crimp, etc. After that, an 800 per hour rate is very easy. The part that slows me down is that I run out of filled primer pickup tubes and lubed cases. One afternoon, I had mine tuned up and ready, I looked at the clock and it said 4:03 PM and it was only 4:09 when I had hit my first hundred loads.

I haven't fully figured out what loads I like to shoot yet, so I only load 400 or so at most per session between making changes of cases, bullets, etc.

I've added more primer pickup tubes, a 9mm caliber change, and a few more toolheads this week. I'm experimenting with setting up multiple tool heads with dies even for the same caliber. That way you can leave the tool head setup and switch back and forth with no adjustments between loads of the same caliber.

Need to load some 9mm for my shadow once I get the 650 converted. Wasted my time on that HK trigger yesterday.

Did you find custom parts for the HK?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I recently installed on a P-07 the CGW 97005M - New style P-09 trigger with SA over-travel stop, and the design of trigger has a better feel to it than the stock. You should check it out!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Did you find custom parts for the HK?

Yeah, I might have you look at it. Even with my non existent skill, the install was easy. Followed the video on HK Parts.net There is just too much grit and gravel to the trigger for the lighter return spring to function well. It was a nice trigger break, but it felt awful and lethargic getting to its reset point. I bent my damn factory trigger reset spring trying to put it back in too, as it was a lot stiffer spring than the aftermarket one. I think it would still work, but..? I have the "trigger reset spring tool". Right now what I have is an HK VP9 partially disassembled in a plastic tub!

I started a thread on it. I am definitely not the HK Whisperer. I prefer swearing and threatening to whispering I guess.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Warning, not cz related.
    Jon, here's a good video on that 22 TCM

[video]https://youtu.be/oGStDvQR0e8[/video]
    I've seen that one. Gonna have to give that a try sometime. I picked up some more ammo for it today. Hopefully I get a call from ZX tomorrow otherwise it'll be Saturday before I can pick it up!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Dont own a cz, but doug from m2b kydex does a good job with holsters. Pm me and i can send you his info.

Guys, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the our very own Slow Hand owns this business. He is willing to help me out, but needs a P-01 or P-06 to make a holster for me. If someone is willing to help me out, I will gladly compensate you for gas, time, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom