Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Getting projects cleared away on the bench. When I get it cleared off I will get into the 3 CZ's in the "Q".
    These 2 are in progress. Threaded barrel in the SA.
    Full ignition controls in the ruger. I fit the match barrel bush today. MagWell and Grips in the mail

Beautiful, as all of your guns are.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Man, now you have me looking at that. So, I'm not extremely experienced buying used, especially the non-poly guns. He says there's some wear on the rails forward of the dust cover, is there anything to look for? Seems a good price on the gun, but I don't want to buy it and find out it's problematic.
    The P01 is the better shooter of the two. The PCR is easier to find holsters to fit. Some people seem to think that the PCR can be snappy and some have experienced a bit of trigger bite with it. They usually go for a little more because they are probably the CZ model that is carried most.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The P01 is the better shooter of the two. The PCR is easier to find holsters to fit. Some people seem to think that the PCR can be snappy and some have experienced a bit of trigger bite with it. They usually go for a little more because they are probably the CZ model that is carried most.

I may just wait and get the OD frame P-01 new from KYgunCo...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I may just wait and get the OD frame P-01 new from KYgunCo...
    I buy mostly used guns now. But I understand the draw of buying one new. It's like being the first owner of a car. But most guns don't suffer too much as long as they aren't abused and there aren't many things you can do to hurt a CZ. I look at it like rescuing dogs or something like that. I try to take CZs from homes where they are unwanted and under-appreciated. It's a public service. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I buy mostly used guns now. But I understand the draw of buying one new. It's like being the first owner of a car. But most guns don't suffer too much as long as they aren't abused and there aren't many things you can do to hurt a CZ. I look at it like rescuing dogs or something like that. I try to take CZs from homes where they are unwanted and under-appreciated. It's a public service. ;)

I understand that, but after shooting Hopper's P-01 on Thursday and TopDog's on Friday, I'm really wanting a P-01. I can buy that OD green one for $540 delivered to my FFL. I suppose if I could find a used one for $450 I'd do it, possibly $475, but much more than that just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have that "new car smell" for the extra $40 or $50. The best I see on GunBroker right now is this one:

CZ 75 P-01 9mm DA/SA Decocker - EXC Cond! CZ75 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Basically ~$500 delivered, if a bid of $475 is accepted. Sigh. That's why I buy new a lot... :):

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'd rather have that "new car smell" for the extra $40 or $50.

Buy a used one and I will get you a bottle of this:

new%20car%20smell_zpsjrcwbkkw.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I understand that, but after shooting Hopper's P-01 on Thursday and TopDog's on Friday, I'm really wanting a P-01. I can buy that OD green one for $540 delivered to my FFL. I suppose if I could find a used one for $450 I'd do it, possibly $475, but much more than that just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather have that "new car smell" for the extra $40 or $50. The best I see on GunBroker right now is this one:

CZ 75 P-01 9mm DA/SA Decocker - EXC Cond! CZ75 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Basically ~$500 delivered, if a bid of $475 is accepted. Sigh. That's why I buy new a lot... :):

You know, that OD finish on the P-01 is a bit of a rare bird. I can't say I'd fault you a bit if you can score that when it comes back in stock, I didn't even know they made that color combination anymore (sort of like the nickel Compact). I have very, very rarely seen an OD P-01 come up used... it's been a year or more, I think. Same for the nickel Compact... it's been close to a couple years since I've seen a used one. And I've never seen a factory matte stainless P-01 or PCR.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If the new one is what you want, particularly the ODG, then get it. You won't be happy with anything less and you won't remember the money difference in a few months.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You know, that OD finish on the P-01 is a bit of a rare bird. I can't say I'd fault you a bit if you can score that when it comes back in stock, I didn't even know they made that color combination anymore (sort of like the nickel Compact). I have very, very rarely seen an OD P-01 come up used... it's been a year or more, I think. Same for the nickel Compact... it's been close to a couple years since I've seen a used one. And I've never seen a factory matte stainless P-01 or PCR.

Well, you decided me. Just ordered.

If the new one is what you want, particularly the ODG, then get it. You won't be happy with anything less and you won't remember the money difference in a few months.

Pretty much what I thought. Had to order it, figure nothing else would do except the one I have my heart set on. Since it's rare, hopefully it'll hold it's value.

Had I seen that, I would have picked it up instead. Crap. I could have sold my 75B for most of the price and still bought the P-01...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well today was a lackluster day. I am continuing to have issues with the little hot rod, Rami. I recently replaced all the mag springs and recoil springs with new parts direct from CZ-USA. I made it to the range today and continue to have feeding issues with the Geco Hollow Points using the 14 or 16 round mags (10rd Rami mag worked fine with JHP) and then developed a failure to completely go into battery with Tula Brass Max FMJ ammo (round was in front of extractor and not "hooked" into the extractor slot).

Went as follows with mags fully loaded to capacity unless noted otherwise:

Geco 115gr JHP (brass cased)
    1) 10rd Rami mag (which is brand new mag) - Fired all 10 rds fine
    2) 16rd Fullsize #1 Mag (new spring) - Fired 1st round fine and then 2nd round jammed into bottom of feed ramp, I corrected error and it fired the remaining rounds fine.
    3) 16rd Fullsize #2 Mag (new spring) - Fired 2 rounds fine and then 3rd round jammed into feed ramp, corrected error, fired 6 more rounds fine and then round jammed into feed ramp, corrected error and fired remaining rounds fine.
    4) 10rd Rami mag - Fired all 10 rds fine
    5) 14rd Rami mag (new spring) - Fired 6 rounds fine and then round jammed into feed ramp, corrected error, fired remaining rounds fine.
    6) 10rd Rami mag - Fired all 10 rds fine
    7) 10rd Rami mag - Fired all 10 rds fine

So it looks like with the hollow points, the 10rd Rami mag runs flawless and the 14/16 round mags are causing the nosedive issue. Research on some CZ forums shows others having same issues with the higher capacity mags only. Several have mentioned using Wolff extra power (+10/+15%) mag springs and reshaping the feed ramp to correct the issue.

Now this is where it gets weird:

Tula Brass Max 115gr FMJ (brass cased)
    8) 14rd Rami mag - Fired 11 rounds fine and then round would not go fully into battery, it was sitting in front of the extractor instead of being hooked in. I corrected error, reloaded mag to 9rds, fired another 4 rounds fine and again would not go fully into battery with round ahead of the extractor, corrected error and fired remaining rounds fine.
    9) 10rd Rami mag - Fired 9 rounds and then last round would not go fully into battery.

Things to note: Gun was clean at beginning of range session today and only had 11 rounds fired through it before first failure occured. The recoil spring is new, the feed ramp did not need polished because it already had a mirror shine. All of the mag springs are either new CZ springs, exception being 19rd Mec-Gar mag and 10rd Rami mag are brand new (19rd was not used for this testing).

I should also mention that the person who I purchased the gun from contacted me after my last posting about this. He is a stand up guy and has offered to help if the issues continue. I am by no means trying to make anyone look bad and have no intention of requesting any sort of reimbursement or any such thing. I'm just looking for help because I really really like the Rami, but don't trust it yet. Remember this was supposed to replace my Glock as a summer carry gun!

This was the worst of the bunch of nosedives.
    attachment.php

This was the fail to go into battery.
    attachment.php

Feed ramp after the range trip, notice the marks higher up and then the ones at the flat lower spot.
    attachment.php

Here is an ammo comparison, left to right: Perfecta 115gr FMJ (used first outing with no issues), Hornady Critical Duty +P (previously used with no issues), Tula Brass Max FMJ (issues), Remington 115gr JHP (not used in the Rami), Geco 115gr JHP (issues)

attachment.php

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You may not get that short round to run in that gun with the hi-cap mags.
    I run the hornady CR in my 1911's for HD. they run....all the time.
    Yeah, I saw a post by BA over on the CZ forum about issues in the Rami with a short OAL round. After I lined the ammo up and took the pic, I realized the two taller rounds run fine, but two of the short ones don't (I haven't used the Remington JHP yet, so unknown on that round). Why does the short OAL round cause issues? Is it because it contacts the feed ramp later in the feed cycle and has something to do with when the shell is contacting the extractor and getting towards the end of its travel in the mag feed lips (exiting the feed lips)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom