Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Finally got my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow today. My first impression was of surprise at what a huge hunk of metal it is. My second was that the rubber grips on it and the overall feel in my hands is really good. The safety seems positive and easy to operate. Then I tried the trigger. Wow! The double action is the longest trigger I have ever experienced and the single action isn’t exactly anything to get excited about. I was used to my HK P30 and HK 45 triggers and expected similar. I mean everyone complains about those, but this is ridiculous. The reset seemed pretty good to me actually. Everything was smooth and very crisp though, just lots of distance to be covered in between.
    If it weren’t for the fact that I had already planned on having this handgun improved, it wouldn’t be around any longer than my last Glock 19. Now, I just have to get it to Lafayette. :)
    Sorry you are disappointed with it. I have to say I have never heard a reaction like that to a Shadow. Before you go and throw a lot of money at it you better be sure you like it. Might be hard to get that money back after you put it into the gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Finally got my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow today. My first impression was of surprise at what a huge hunk of metal it is. My second was that the rubber grips on it and the overall feel in my hands is really good. The safety seems positive and easy to operate. Then I tried the trigger. Wow! The double action is the longest trigger I have ever experienced and the single action isn’t exactly anything to get excited about. I was used to my HK P30 and HK 45 triggers and expected similar. I mean everyone complains about those, but this is ridiculous. The reset seemed pretty good to me actually. Everything was smooth and very crisp though, just lots of distance to be covered in between.
    If it weren’t for the fact that I had already planned on having this handgun improved, it wouldn’t be around any longer than my last Glock 19. Now, I just have to get it to Lafayette. :)

Let me know if you don't warm up to it. I'd be happy to take it off your hands :)

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Sorry you are disappointed with it. I have to say I have never heard a reaction like that to a Shadow. Before you go and throw a lot of money at it you better be sure you like it. Might be hard to get that money back after you put it into the gun.

Ah, I am not really disappointed - just my initial knee jerk impressions after 4 minutes of dry firing. I have played with it more since I first got it today. I wasn't expecting a 1911 trigger.... What threw me is the pretravel in either DA/SA. It's huge! The reset feels really pretty good and the trigger travels feels super smooth. I can imagine I will warm up fast when I actually shoot this monster. Trigger seems to break really crisp and with very little recoil from the mass, I think I will see results on paper over a polymer 9.

I have already asked llh1956 to look at it for me, got the parts he suggested, just need to arrange to get it to up to West Lafayette. I don't know exactly what can be done with it, but it sounds like he does and I am sure I will like it. Fact is, to me, it fits my hand PERFECTLY and feels awesome. I would say better than any other pistol I have.

Ultimately, I think it is an interesting enough pistol to keep regardless.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have already asked llh1956 to look at it for me, got the parts he suggested, just need to arrange to get it to up to West Lafayette.

Craig - I'll be heading up that way very soon (either Friday evening, or sometime Sunday) to pick up both my CZ's from llh1956. I'm probably not too far away from you, and am glad to take yours for a ride and deliver it for you if you want. Feel free to PM me and let me know.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Ah, I am not really disappointed - just my initial knee jerk impressions after 4 minutes of dry firing. I have played with it more since I first got it today. I wasn't expecting a 1911 trigger.... What threw me is the pretravel in either DA/SA. It's huge! The reset feels really pretty good and the trigger travels feels super smooth. I can imagine I will warm up fast when I actually shoot this monster. Trigger seems to break really crisp and with very little recoil from the mass, I think I will see results on paper over a polymer 9.

I have already asked llh1956 to look at it for me, got the parts he suggested, just need to arrange to get it to up to West Lafayette. I don't know exactly what can be done with it, but it sounds like he does and I am sure I will like it. Fact is, to me, it fits my hand PERFECTLY and feels awesome. I would say better than any other pistol I have.

Yea hang in there once llh is done with it you will love it. I had and really liked the H&K P30s and not taking anything away from it but my P-09 once llh put all the CGW upgrades and polished it up the H&K cannot compare!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

My crystal ball says you are going to be very happy. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom