Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Now that the Omega is nearly complete it is about time to start on this one...
    th_IMG_0440_zpsmadzq7l0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I am considering going the cerakote route with this. I'm really not sure. If so, do you think I should do the internal upgrades first or the refinishing first? This one is getting the full Cajun treatment, of course, with night sights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    [/URL][/IMG]

I am considering going the cerakote route with this. I'm really not sure. If so, do you think I should do the internal upgrades first or the refinishing first? This one is getting the full Cajun treatment, of course, with night sights.

Do the up-grades and then get it to me.....:)

I know a guy.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    [/URL][/IMG]

This. Is. AWESOME!

I'd say tear it down to get it refinished, and during assembly, put the new CGW parts in.

What color are you going to do this? This gun would be stunning in matte stainless with some rosewood grips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This. Is. AWESOME!

I'd say tear it down to get it refinished, and during assembly, put the new CGW parts in.

What color are you going to do this? This gun would be stunning in matte stainless with some rosewood grips.

llh recommended tungsten. I do like that color.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I love the old roll mark on this gun. I was trying to figure a way to make it stand out a little but not be too over the top. If the gun was done in tungsten with the black Hogue grips I could see doing the roll mark in black somehow. That would be pretty sharp if I could figure out how to do it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've only had one experience with cerakote and I didn't get to experiment with it that long, but if it will hold up to lacquer thinner you could always do the dab with a toothpick and wipe off the excess to fill the roll mark.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom