• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Got a prepaid gift card from work for the holidays and have decided I need to upgrade from my 32" TV I've had since 2015. I'm thinking a 50" will work as long as I buy a separate stand for it that fits my furniture it will go on. Looking forward to being able to see my TV again! :laugh:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Got a prepaid gift card from work for the holidays and have decided I need to upgrade from my 32" TV I've had since 2015. I'm thinking a 50" will work as long as I buy a separate stand for it that fits my furniture it will go on. Looking forward to being able to see my TV again!
    Wall mount is the way to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got a prepaid gift card from work for the holidays and have decided I need to upgrade from my 32" TV I've had since 2015. I'm thinking a 50" will work as long as I buy a separate stand for it that fits my furniture it will go on. Looking forward to being able to see my TV again! :laugh:

Every flat screen we have bought came with a nice stand.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

That’s really cool SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    So my mom got new fancy reindeer for her yard. She forgot it's still late archery...
    She wasn't home, so coming back in the dark will make it all the more juicy. Shame I won't be there to see the reaction.
    0bc51d5847f192aed296da14f9f0ed6a.jpg

this is brilliant....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

I think I'm going to attempt another range trip this week at some point. While cleaning the 22 rifles up last night, I found the rear action screw had loosened up again on the CZ 457. When I first got the rifle, I set the screws at 20 in/lbs. The rear loosened up slightly, so I did them at 25 in/lbs and the rear loosened up again (it was below 20 in/lbs). I did 30 in/lbs this time and will take my torque driver with me to the range to monitor. I think I'll do another set of groups at 50 yards with that rifle and if the screw holds torque, I'll continue with accuracy testing at 100 yards. I really want to get off the 50 yard line with the 22 rifles and get out of my comfort bubble.

If anyone has more insight/advice on the action screws, I'm all ears. But, from what I researched online, the general consensus on these rifles is that most people recommended 20-30 in/lbs. One person even reached out to CZ who said 25-30 in/lbs. But I'm also aware the stuff I read was folks chasing groups and trying out different torque values on their rifle's screws for accuracy reasons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks

I think I'm going to attempt another range trip this week at some point. While cleaning the 22 rifles up last night, I found the rear action screw had loosened up again on the CZ 457. When I first got the rifle, I set the screws at 20 in/lbs. The rear loosened up slightly, so I did them at 25 in/lbs and the rear loosened up again (it was below 20 in/lbs). I did 30 in/lbs this time and will take my torque driver with me to the range to monitor. I think I'll do another set of groups at 50 yards with that rifle and if the screw holds torque, I'll continue with accuracy testing at 100 yards. I really want to get off the 50 yard line with the 22 rifles and get out of my comfort bubble.

If anyone has more insight/advice on the action screws, I'm all ears. But, from what I researched online, the general consensus on these rifles is that most people recommended 20-30 in/lbs. One person even reached out to CZ who said 25-30 in/lbs. But I'm also aware the stuff I read was folks chasing groups and trying out different torque values on their rifle's screws for accuracy reasons.

I wish I had some incite for you but alas no.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    GM all. This new German coffee Oma got me is damn good.

Did a drive-by late last night....deer fixed, red lights now around base of tree. They know, just not is was me.

Spicy...would medium strength thread locker be out of the question? How often to you remove action from stock? Just curious if this is an option. Perhaps a bedding job to reduce stock to action movement?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Spicy...would medium strength thread locker be out of the question? How often to you remove action from stock? Just curious if this is an option. Perhaps a bedding job to reduce stock to action movement?

This^, plus is it a wood stock or polymer? I'm wondering if the wood is taking an initial set and "crushing" slightly.

I don't know about your model but my At One has a recoil lug that flops around in the stock and did little good until I bedded it in place. I never confirmed torque after a range trip so I don't know if mine was doing the same thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom