Not open for further replies.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK, CZ peeps, I need your opinion… I’ve been thinking about this for a while. I have a brand new CZ 452 left-hand sitting in the box, beautiful wood, and I’ve been struggling with the decision whether to leave it as made or have AllenM thread the barrel for a suppressor. I know what a cool, quiet gun this would be suppressed, but part of me doesn’t want to “defile it”. I have a Magnum Research MLR22AT I run a Dead Air Mask on now, but of course that’s a semi-auto so it isn’t the suppressor host a bolt gun is. What say you guys?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    OK, CZ peeps, I need your opinion… I’ve been thinking about this for a while. I have a brand new CZ 452 left-hand sitting in the box, beautiful wood, and I’ve been struggling with the decision whether to leave it as made or have AllenM thread the barrel for a suppressor. I know what a cool, quiet gun this would be suppressed, but part of me doesn’t want to “defile it”. I have a Magnum Research MLR22AT I run a Dead Air Mask on now, but of course that’s a semi-auto so it isn’t the suppressor host a bolt gun is. What say you guys?
    Unless it's a collector's item, I say thread it.

I'll give you another idea though. I would find out what the cost of the threading is, versus buying a new barrel that's already threaded. That would always give you the option of returning the rifle to "stock" configuration.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I'll give you another idea though. I would find out what the cost of the threading is, versus buying a new barrel that's already threaded. That would always give you the option of returning the rifle to "stock" configuration.

DOGG is smart.....listen to DOGG ! :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Go for the gold! Easiest decision I've made this morning! :)

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Poking around on Rimfire Central, I see that CZ made several 22s with threaded barrels, but they were usually threaded 1/2 x 20 rather than 1/2 x 28. Haven’t been able to find an aftermarket or factory replacement threaded barrel yet, though… Still looking, but I suppose it’s going to end up threaded one way or another.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I vote to thread it.

If it helps any, my CZ 457 shots better groups suppressed - YMMV. Plus, a bolt action 22 with a can is just a (silent) blast to shoot.

Allen recently threaded a Ruger Mark IV barrel. Better than the factory ever would have done!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146955223@N04/50516573947/in/dateposted/

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Poking around on Rimfire Central, I see that CZ made several 22s with threaded barrels, but they were usually threaded 1/2 x 20 rather than 1/2 x 28. Haven’t been able to find an aftermarket or factory replacement threaded barrel yet, though… Still looking, but I suppose it’s going to end up threaded one way or another.
    About 10 minutes poking around, Google searches/Rimfire Central/CZ Forum, I'm not seeing ANY barrels available for the CZ 452. My guess is they are such a pain in the butt to replace, that there isn't/wasn't a market for them? I think the 455/457 barrels are the easy ones to replace, seeing barrels available for those.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yup. Just do it man. You guys way over think this stuff.......:):

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The kids spent the night at their Grandparents' house last night so we got to sleep in this morning. We were a little surprised that we didn't feel that much better than we thought were going to feel. I guess that part is mostly age. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom