Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    DOGG .....don't feel like I'm picking on you, but it seems you've expressed an interest in becoming more stress-free, so here we are. Reducing stress is important at any age, but if you can learn ways to help yourself now, it'll pay big dividends as you age. The role that stress plays in the onset of strokes, heart attacks, and so forth ... is well documented, and totally accepted in the highest of medical circles.

Let me share just (1) thing today, that could help you. I know that it's helped me.

In a way, moving through life is like a video game. The only thing that you can do at any one time is 'make the next move'. You can't make (5) moves at once, hoping to reach your goal immediately .... you can only make (1) move in the present moment. Then, you evaluate, and make the next move.
    Never 'look back', and question a move that you've made in the past. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Questioning your own decisions, or trying to predict the future .... ahhh, those are the things that will eat you up ! Only try to make the best move you can in the present, with the information that you have in the present. Then breathe, relax. The game (life) will soon present you with another challenge. When it does .... move forward again, (1) move at a time.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Henri and I are in the planning stages of hitting the road. We just want to travel the country and just come back to Indiana to visit family and friends. Would like to get a 40 ft. 5th wheel and a F-450 to pull it. Might just sell the house....to much to think about right now...
    I've always dreamed of doing something like this. I'm willing to bet you and Henri would find great enjoyment in this endeavor.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    DOGG .....don't feel like I'm picking on you, but it seems you've expressed an interest in becoming more stress-free, so here we are. Reducing stress is important at any age, but if you can learn ways to help yourself now, it'll pay big dividends as you age. The role that stress plays in the onset of strokes, heart attacks, and so forth ... is well documented, and totally accepted in the highest of medical circles.

Let me share just (1) thing today, that could help you. I know that it's helped me.

In a way, moving through life is like a video game. The only thing that you can do at any one time is 'make the next move'. You can't make (5) moves at once, hoping to reach your goal immediately .... you can only make (1) move in the present moment. Then, you evaluate, and make the next move.
    Never 'look back', and question a move that you've made in the past. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Questioning your own decisions, or trying to predict the future .... ahhh, those are the things that will eat you up ! Only try to make the best move you can in the present, with the information that you have in the present. Then breathe, relax. The game (life) will soon present you with another challenge. When it does .... move forward again, (1) move at a time.
    "... Everything is within . Everything exists . Seek nothing outside of yourself ." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Henri and I are in the planning stages of hitting the road. We just want to travel the country and just come back to Indiana to visit family and friends. Would like to get a 40 ft. 5th wheel and a F-450 to pull it. Might just sell the house....to much to think about right now...
    Don't forget to stop and visit cousin Eddie

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    "Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all of the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it!"

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    "... Everything is within . Everything exists . Seek nothing outside of yourself ." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

I just finished a large tome on Taoism. I've read the introduction of this book... the one that you loaned me. It'll be my holiday reading, and I look forward to it ! :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Brother we are good. I am in a good place right now and enjoy these conversations. I really like how you put that in perspective. And I know I've used that approach recently on some things with good success. When I'm able to break down a large "project" down into smaller stages, then work on them one stage at a time, I don't get so overwhelmed. One of those is the Memorial for my Dad. Had a lot of stuff in a foot locker that was his stuff. I laid it all out, sorted, developed a strategy and worked on the stages one at a time.

I do get overwhelmed pretty easily. And I know I probably seem like a hot mess to some people, but things aren't really that bad. I'm probably making things sound worse than they really are. I have a blessed life and my problems are mild in comparison to many others I know.

I appreciate all the words of wisdom.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Brother we are good. I am in a good place right now and enjoy these conversations. I really like how you put that in perspective. And I know I've used that approach recently on some things with good success. When I'm able to break down a large "project" down into smaller stages, then work on them one stage at a time, I don't get so overwhelmed. One of those is the Memorial for my Dad. Had a lot of stuff in a foot locker that was his stuff. I laid it all out, sorted, developed a strategy and worked on the stages one at a time.

I do get overwhelmed pretty easily. And I know I probably seem like a hot mess to some people, but things aren't really that bad. I'm probably making things sound worse than they really are. I have a blessed life and my problems are mild in comparison to many others I know.

I appreciate all the words of wisdom.

Perfect !....you are on the right path, and your footing is becoming more solid.

Now, I think that I should shout CZ !​ ...... and be gone for a while.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Before I left my old job, I developed a new motto for myself while at work. "Not my ****ing problem." The last year of my employment there was a lot less stressful. Lol

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven't put my 97 on the gauge yet to see where it comes in. I'll need to do that, but it hasn't been Wizardized yet. The only thing that I've done to it is change the HS with an extra 13# CGW spring that I had laying around.

Edit: ...and change the grips.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have parts inbound for the Sigs. The new one gets an SRT and trigger bar spring. The .357 slide gets a .40 barrel. The only reason I jumped at the SRT right now is that Osage has it on sale for $29. I think that I paid either $35 or $49 to Sig for the last one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom