Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I haven't bought a gun at all this year. The gun stuff I have bought has been expanding what is in my range bag, having a second range bag for indoor ranges, and having a quick range bag for testing out a single gun. Medical kits for these bags, sunscreen and bug spray for the outdoor bag. Then RDS for pistols, trigger enhancements, etc has been my focus this year.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The plan for 2021 is to find the balance of life, find happiness instead of despair and to remain calm during the storm.

How was that?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am deep into several upgrades and a total remodel on the gun bench mixed in with a few other hobby/passions.
    Life has to be full. It is up to us to find the right mixtures to fill that void. The gun hobby/passion replaced racing for me. This is my space. My Zen. I miss the cars and the people. I miss the early morning mist/low fog on the fields around the park when everything was 1st waking up. People were stirring. Tailgates on the trailers were coming down. The efforts of those people were becoming visible in the early morning calm. So much mechanical art. Then somewhere down the rows of trailers someone lites the candles in his creation and the day begins.

I miss it terribly.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The plan for 2021 is to find the balance of life, find happiness instead of despair and to remain calm during the storm.

How was that?

Then find a way to do exactly that.....and 2021 might become the most memorable year in your life !

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning all.

Good to hear your plan still includes shooting TD. Balance is good but not necessarily something I am good at.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Henri and I are in the planning stages of hitting the road. We just want to travel the country and just come back to Indiana to visit family and friends. Would like to get a 40 ft. 5th wheel and a F-450 to pull it. Might just sell the house....to much to think about right now...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I am deep into several upgrades and a total remodel on the gun bench mixed in with a few other hobby/passions.
    Life has to be full. It is up to us to find the right mixtures to fill that void. The gun hobby/passion replaced racing for me. This is my space. My Zen. I miss the cars and the people. I miss the early morning mist/low fog on the fields around the park when everything was 1st waking up. People were stirring. Tailgates on the trailers were coming down. The efforts of those people were becoming visible in the early morning calm. So much mechanical art. Then somewhere down the rows of trailers someone lites the candles in his creation and the day begins.

I miss it terribly.

Based on that description, I now miss it too and I have never experienced it at the level you did. Not a fraction of that level but I have glimpsed that morning routine in coming out to dew covered cars, hoods opening and people straggling in before the day’s event.

I really wish that I had gone deeper in that direction back when I had more of the ability to do that kind of stuff. Maybe 2021 will be the year that I support my son’s racing activities in any way I can.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’ve always had so many hobbies in life. Antique bicycles, cars, guns, leather work, knifes... all kinds of stuff the strikes an interest, I just dive in. Some stick, some were just a waste of money. The ones that stick come around in phases. When the gun stuff is like it is now, I’ll hop to something else, for instance starting a new project truck. I don’t need to do it, but I want to test my skills. I can’t afford to buy what I want, so I have to build it.

It’s a yearly cycle as I lose interest in things, seasons change... I am never gone forever from something, just take a break. Biggest break ever was from this hobby when I needed to get away and grow my wings. So I built my car and drove it all over the country, chased fame and got screwed... Eventually met my wife due to all of that and could not be happier. I am thankful she lets me play and is really taking a liking to all my hobbies. Makes life so easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom