Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I see all of this. And I understand but remember the friendships this has brought us all and please do not let them go.
    I use the gun bench to loose myself and yes years past I would be out on one of the bikes rain snow sleet and cold. It did not matter.

I totally understand how people feel. I respect it to a point but at my age I can probably count the number of Holiday seasons I will see on less than 2 hands. And this theft of this one seriously pisses me off. This is all about me spending time with the kids. The adults are OK and I love CKW's family but the kids will not be kids much longer. And this gives me a deep sadness.

The friendships here on Ingo are the reason I haven't permanently left Ingo or given up on this hobby. I am closer to some of you than I am to some of my own family.

Nice display!

No problem slowing down. Just don't stop for too long or at least get to a range every once in a while. I screwed up when my shooting buddy passed away in the mid 80's and didn't go shooting again for 10 years. I still miss him but shooting has good since I go going again.

Not doing something is an easy habit to slip into.

I am one that does not do "Nothing" well. It kills me. Literally. I have to keep rolling but life has enveloped us into a space that has not allowed much if any range time. And that upsets CKW and I both.
    I'm hoping to use the 22's as a way to keep myself interested and make somewhat regular range trips. I do love guns. Shooting them, cleaning them, discussing them, etc. But the cost and politics have really taken a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me lately. I'd like to figure out the way to balance it all out and stop stressing about things I can't control.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Recoil spring resolved.....

Have another where DA is just under 4 and SA is under 2.

How low can you go?
    You aren't having reliability issues with those low pull weights already?

I could be wrong, but I don't know if I've heard of anyone getting down to a 4lb DA pull weight. I was thinking 5 was the lowest I'd heard of.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning chaps. Why so serious? Lol. #3 has the soul of an arch villian. Both funny and murderous.

Stay warm out there.
    6979fbd97ca3b8e4f2c43fc1f5fa83e3.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Nice work on the display T-D. I need to do something like that for my father.

I’m at an odd place with regards to the gun hobby. Part of me wants to let most of the collected stuff go but another part realizes that next year may not be like the past years where you could sell a gun and then just buy another one like it if you had seller’s remorse.

There are a few more that I’ll let go of though. The last G30 needs a new home and the G21 may follow it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The friendships here on Ingo are the reason I haven't permanently left Ingo or given up on this hobby. I am closer to some of you than I am to some of my own family.

I'm hoping to use the 22's as a way to keep myself interested and make somewhat regular range trips. I do love guns. Shooting them, cleaning them, discussing them, etc. But the cost and politics have really taken a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me lately. I'd like to figure out the way to balance it all out and stop stressing about things I can't control.

If you found any comfort in that book I sent to you, please search for the author ([FONT=&amp]Thích Nhất Hạnh)[/FONT] on Amazon. He has written many books, including some that address your issue.

Broadly, I find that life is too rich to totally throw my attention to one hobby interest. As the old saying goes: "ants are meant to be specialized, humans are not".
    If your interest in firearms wanes, then throw your attention towards something else that interests you. In my case, I try to balance my hobby time between firearms, photography, and musical instruments. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm able to spend some time with each during a given day. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to take MM’s advice and branch out into some other area. Maybe get back into oil painting. I have a bunch that never were finished. Flight simming is good too as is 3D modeling.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There’s a recent interest in .40 CZs over on the CZ forum. I might list the compact project there since someone seems to have luck in getting those to run. I’ve lost interest in throwing more money into that one

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I need to take MM’s advice and branch out into some other area. Maybe get back into oil painting. I have a bunch that never were finished. Flight simming is good too as is 3D modeling.
    The creative process, that allows a person to become original, is so rewarding. I might play a Beatles song on my guitar, but never try to sound like John Lennon....... why would I ? .....I'm not him, and will never sound like him, so why try.
    No, I try to play & sing it my way.

The same would be true of painting, 88'. For example, many people have probably painted the same covered bridge in Turkey Run State Park, but your​ painting of it would never be identical to anyone else's painting..... every brushstroke would be an expression of your individualism.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning RR. Cute kid ya got there.

why-so-serious-joker-wallpaper.jpg
    Thanks. I too have plateaued in my need for gun purchases. I like very much what I have, but talk myself out of many a new gun. I've been focusing on enhancing what I do have.

The availability/cost of ammo these days has waned my desire to go out and pew often. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, so no lust for the alternate realities. It's not too late to learn needlepoint I guess

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom