Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You are giving up some with a 10.3" barrel about 400 fps. Someone else can run a dope chart but you'll get it dial in and be hitting the steel at the woods at Patience's place at 400 yards.

308-win-short-barrel-length-vs-velocity.png

My MAN !!! :chest: .... I knew that the potential was there. Thanks, Bandit !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ok....a really fast back of napkin calculation, tells me that at 2600 fps with a 175 gr 308 you are looking at 37" of drop at 400 yards. Same at 2200 fps and you are about 55" of drop and still clocking at about 1500 fps.

Very doable, Superman!

Heck YES ..... my 3X magnification reticle has hash marks out to 500 yards. And if I can't do it, TT or Tarzan, or YOU will be able to ! :rockwoot:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    ....but mouse knows that he's my bud ! :chest:

I think that it's time to look at another photo. This one I swiped off of Springfield's website.
    (they are glad to let you copy their photos .... they even make it easy to do).

.308 POWER !!! :ar15:

i-z3mZ5vM-XL.jpg

So far, I've purchased (5) 20-round Magpul mags, and (2) of the 25-round (with the window)
    Also, I've been able to piece together (350 ) rounds of semi-affordable ammo ..... and I mean piece together, as it's either not available, or they have quantity limits in effect. Some of the ammo is crazy expensive ..... like $ 2.50 / round for the 'Match' grade stuff. :nuts: I pass right over that !

Let's see ..... that's been another $600 on top of the cost of the weapon. It's only money, right ? :cool:

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I did much better at trap tonight than I expected. Keep in mind that the trap is on the firing line and not 16 yards in front like an actual trap range and it does not oscillate so you know where the bird is going every time.

I got 15 out of 25 the first round and was very happy with that and was thrilled with 22 out of 25 on the second round.:rockwoot:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I did much better at trap tonight than I expected. Keep in mind that the trap is on the firing line and not 16 yards in front like an actual trap range and it does not oscillate so you know where the bird is going every time.

I got 15 out of 25 the first round and was very happy with that and was thrilled with 22 out of 25 on the second round.:rockwoot:

22 out of 25. Very nice!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Nice shooting Tarzan

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It appears that BenP was giving me the :stickpoke: also ! I'm not a great shot (although much better with a rifle, than a handgun) ..... but I don't plan on missing the first 29 shots !
    Not at all. I was just saying that $1.00 per shot may seem high, but when you really need it that's a bargain! :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I just got through replacing the chuck on my cordless drill tonight. Man! This was not one of the easy ones! After finally getting the spindle out of the chuck it took me a while to get all of the innards back in. Its all back together and working great again now though. Should be a long time before I need to do that again. I bought this drill used and I think it may have had some chuck issues previously.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    He's creeping about. First of 2 nights off for a change, wife off too. Oldest girl's bday tomorrow. Big 7. I just got done putting an icing spiderweb on a cake.

1 bottle of French Lick wine down with the Pickle Lady. Opening bottle 2 now.
    The Pickle Lady?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom