Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Not that a 10.3" barrel makes for a good sniper rifle, but I liked the LaRue decal, and paired it with my new BB (Bad Boy) ! ;)

i-sWZqD2g-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    BTW--- I don't know if CM's Saint came with a soft rifle case, but mine shipped with a very nice, usable soft case..... which was a nice touch by Springfield. :yesway:

i-tRSdhgC-L.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm curious how much accuracy, if any, is given up by the short barrels on these AR rigs.

With a decent optic, I'm thinking that accuracy will remain close to the same for shorter ranges (up to 200 yards ?)..... but will drop off, as the bullet will lose its velocity quicker. That"s my guess, L.E..

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was curious as I don't have any experience with them. I've fired some of KJQ's stuff but it was only over a short distance.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    :cheers:

Jeez though ..... 308 cartridges keep going up in price, even since I bought the rifle. I won't ever use any milsurp spam can stuff in it. Currently, decent rounds are around $ 1.00 / ea. ! :ugh:

Well if it takes up to $30 to down your attacker that's still money well spent! :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :cheers:

Jeez though ..... 308 cartridges keep going up in price, even since I bought the rifle. I won't ever use any milsurp spam can stuff in it. Currently, decent rounds are around $ 1.00 / ea. ! :ugh:

I stocked up on all of my common calibers (including 308) at Bobcat shortly after the toilet paper scare, but before the riots and ammo hoarding. The time from when I placed my order to pickup he was sold out of pretty much all bulk stuff.

If I remember right, KJ has a bunch he is trying to get rid of.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    If you spend over $30 in shooting then at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your attacker will have permanent hearing loss for the rest of their days if nothing else. This is one reason why I'd like to buy a can in the near future.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The rounds that I included in my first photo yesterday.... they're 150 grain soft-points traveling about 2,400 ft./sec out of my short barrel.
    That's D.R.T. territory ! :chuck:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom